TV/Film The Last of Us - HBO TV Show

TV shows and films that were games but are also TV shows or films now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will the next episode be out early for us on binge due to the super bowl? Or do we still have to wait till Monday?

Saturday at 1PM. Binge have already updated their app with the new day and time.

Man that story beat still hits hard even after all these years and having played it 10+ times.
sucks they couldnt have a cold open with the Ish story, but makes me feel like they could do a spin off series with 1 episode telling its own story and do stuff like Ish or early outbreak stuff.

No one is going to accuse this episode of being light on infected with that swarm and the bloater. also loved the easter egg of giving Perry the bloater death from the games, since he was played by the voice actor of Tommy.
the little girl clicker was creepy.

Episode 6 looks huge

Man that story beat still hits hard even after all these years and having played it 10+ times.
sucks they couldnt have a cold open with the Ish story, but makes me feel like they could do a spin off series with 1 episode telling its own story and do stuff like Ish or early outbreak stuff.

No one is going to accuse this episode of being light on infected with that swarm and the bloater. also loved the easter egg of giving Perry the bloater death from the games, since he was played by the voice actor of Tommy.
the little girl clicker was creepy.

Episode 6 looks huge
The Ish story would be kinda boring, it'll just be a group of people living in a sewer not very exciting, I suppose they could expand on it I guess.

Ironic death for kathleen considering what she said to Henry about kids dying all the time. hahaha

This episode was a massive let down for me.

The show has consistently hit us over the head by other characters why Joel should save Ellie but in the game this was one of the first building blocks on why Joel made that decision, lack of reflection on Joel's hunter days loses lot of context of Joel character.

Skipping over the sewer was a huge mistake they could've had alot more Henry and Sam time building our connection to them by just having the 4 on screen, the enclosed space and dark would've built natural tension with out creating a huge horde for flashing entertainment.

The rebellion group played no part in the story and added nothing other than explaining a reason why they were being hunted, plus Kathleen's acting at times edge on campy.

lol yup. Knew it was coming obviously, still got me :(

Skipping over the sewer was a huge mistake they could've had alot more Henry and Sam time building our connection to them by just having the 4 on screen, the enclosed space and dark would've built natural tension with out creating a huge horde for flashing entertainment.
They kinda did that though (the sewer/kindergarden)? Been awhile since I played it but not sure what was skipped over apart from some gameplay stuff? I'd actually argue we got a bit more substance than the game re: Henry's backstory with Kathleen and selling out the resistance.

The rebellion group played no part in the story and added nothing other than explaining a reason why they were being hunted, plus Kathleen's acting at times edge on campy.
Meh, I thought it was cool to get a detailed look at another city not in the game and see what the situation was there. Not a whole lot more you can do considering the story demands Joel and Ellie keep moving.

Disagree on the Kathleen actor, thought she pulled off a normal person thrust into a leadership role she really shouldn't have been in (and the unhinged menace resulting from her experiences) pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a good episode, the growing relationship between Ellie and Joel is so perfectly done.

I was so anticipating the scene between the two of them in the house and they absolutely nailed it, Bella is absolutely incredible.

The two nods to future seasons with Dina and Shimmer were nice to see as well.

I'd love to see people who don't know the games reaction as well, especially to the ending.

Left Behind next week...this one might hurt the most of all the eps so far!

Pascal.

Whoever takes Abby has balls. No pun intended.
Will be interesting to see how they handle it. In GoT killing off beloved characters was kinda its trademark, but much easier to do in that show with a huge ensemble cast, many other characters to step up. TLOU by comparison is just Joel and Ellie, certainly part/season 1.

Perhaps they can play with the timing a bit, at least have Pedro for most of season 2 or something. They'd wanna write some amazing characters for Abby and her crew either way.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how they handle it. In GoT killing off beloved characters was kinda its trademark, but much easier to do in that kinda show with a huge ensemble cast, many other characters to step up. TLOU by comparison is just Joel and Ellie, certainly part/season 1.

Perhaps they can play with the timing a bit, at least have Pedro for most of season 2 or something. They'd wanna write some amazing characters for Abby and her crew either way.

I think they have to adjust the order we see things unless they start filming the flashback scenes now with Bella and the rest when she is older, unless they use de-aging like they did in Stranger Things with Eleven.

As more episodes come out, episode 3 being so different to the game really does make a hell of a lot of sense.

The entire through line of the series has been so much more about the story of love, and it's effect, impact and decisions on the world.

There is an absolute deliberate decision to completely pare back the action, we're not watching an action show. There's moments, but it's not an action show at all. Not trying to make Joel and Ellie superhuman, by constantly taking on and killing every clicker, bloater, shambler, etc. in sight. Not only does it make it so that there is real threat in the infected enemy but it grounds anyone and everyone involved with the show. TWD for example made the 'walkers' a pointless entity very quickly, and really the only threat became humans.

I'm also surprised that people still think the show is being rushed. While there's certain sequences I would've loved to have seen converted to the show, I don't think anything has truly been lost in amongst the changes and most of them are properly thought out and adapted well in the long run.

Season 2 will be another interesting case, time jumps, back and forth timelines. It'll be a lot harder to re-structure but I'm sure they'll be able to do it.

I wouldn't mind another season of just Ellie and Joel moments to be honest!

For a while now Ive been wanting a game covering Joel and Tommy's journey in the 20 years prior the first game. At the 12.50 mark Troy gets asked about this and says at at one point a long time ago he and Neil did a scene privately covering this period. Hopefully there is some chance this game could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back