PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellie is now 19 [4-5 years after the first game] and the game's theme is hate.

This game is going to get real dark. someone f**ked up and unless its some red hearing in the teaser its not Joel she is after. so she either doesnt know about then end of the first game or has forgiven him.

Makes me think it might be a leader of a new faction who murdered an entire settlement or something like that.

amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

watching the trailer in 4K looks amazing. even with the compression that youtube uses. cant wait for Gamersyde to upload the raw 4K file. even if it will be a couple of GB.

Little scars on Ellie's knuckles and the dirt under the fingernails. the detail on Ellie is what you expect from Naughty Dog.

Last edited:
most advanced character models from any studio. and first sony studio to get eyes that look right using mo-cap.

and used cameras that film at 200 frames per second to get the mo-cap stuff.

Trailer was filmed 18 months ago.

there was a discussion between Sony and Naughty Dog about when to announce the game, PSX or hold it off till E3

New theme music and concept art from 4:45:30 on the PSX day 1 video.
No spoilers in the concept art, but holly s**t some of them look like real photos.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellie is the playable character this time, though I am sure there will be a joel level or 2.

Or a new character. Could be the antagonist or something.

They said Ellie would be the MAIN playable character

Ellie is the playable character this time, though I am sure there will be a joel level or 2.

Should just be able to change on the run if they're both running around together. Give them different traits and abilities and it can be a fun Trine-esque dynamic.

Should have had Joel as the protagonist again, coping with how he sacrificed the world's only hope for selfish reasons and Ellie died anyway...

Moving to Ellie as the protagonist is the right decision, the first game shifted that way in the last third. and had her for the DLC.

and Joel would be in his 50's now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back