The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Regret selling my Saturn V.
I've got two of the technic porsches that I'm yet to build. Does anybody have one that they've built and can say how long it took them and if the build was any fun? Tossing up whether or not to sell them to fund a Millenium Falcon or not.
I’d sell up to be honest, either go the MF or wait until the new supercar comes out this year (bugatti).

Had a meeting at work last week with a guy who said he must have about 250+ completed sets of Lego. He inspired me to buy a lego train set this year - always wanted one as a kid so I'll achieve a childhood dream and obtain one on my own steam (pun intended if they have steam train sets) :cool:

Hang on until the new ones come out mid year(?), they are purported to have the new Power Functions 2.0. That said, I have the current cargo trains and they're both worth having, and you may be able to get a clearance/special on them.

Hang on until the new ones come out mid year(?), they are purported to have the new Power Functions 2.0. That said, I have the current cargo trains and they're both worth having, and you may be able to get a clearance/special on them.

Do they release a new range every year or something?

I don't think there's any pattern to trains releases, but there are pics earlier in the thread of the (rumoured) 2018 release of both electric locomotive and multiple unit (modelled on the new UK IEP I believe) sets. If you read either brickset or eurobricks forums there will be more detail there.

The current trains are 60051 Advance Passenger Train, 60052 Cargo Train (diesel loco) and 60098 Heavy Haul Train (diesel loco). The last of these I think is retired now by lego but you may still be able to find it on the shelves. It'd be my pick of the three.

Be sure to plan your track layout - each of the sets comes with variants of a simple loop, and you'll want more track. Lego currently only sells two add-on track packs, so there isn't a great deal of flexibility if you want extra pieces

I don't think there's any pattern to trains releases, but there are pics earlier in the thread of the (rumoured) 2018 release of both electric locomotive and multiple unit (modelled on the new UK IEP I believe) sets. If you read either brickset or eurobricks forums there will be more detail there.

The current trains are 60051 Advance Passenger Train, 60052 Cargo Train (diesel loco) and 60098 Heavy Haul Train (diesel loco). The last of these I think is retired now by lego but you may still be able to find it on the shelves. It'd be my pick of the three.

Be sure to plan your track layout - each of the sets comes with variants of a simple loop, and you'll want more track. Lego currently only sells two add-on track packs, so there isn't a great deal of flexibility if you want extra pieces

Thanks for the info mate. Seems I'll need to do some research haha. The train I remember begging my parents to get me looked like a bullet train or something. As for tracks, I remember seeing a video of someone who laid out tracks throughout their house and then put a GoPro or camera on the front to record the journey - that is probably a bit excessive for what I had in mind. A simple loop on a table surface or something would probably suffice - otherwise the dog and cat might become kaiju sized monsters to the simple lego folks. :p

Yep, there are a few such videos around. Bear in mind that at a cost of around $3 a piece, a house-sized layout is going to cost roughly as much as the house. I have enough now for a double loop with points between them which is pretty much all we can fit anyway, until the garage is converted into the Lego room (can safely divulge that here, I don't think Mrs CP reads Big Footy :D)

The Eurobricks forum has a dedicated train section here.

is there anyone here that can do a LDD rendering of this:
HC-97G
HC-97G.jpg
would need:
70 studs long total
in the cockpit,
Pilot, Co-Pilot
behind the Co-pilot the Flight engineer and behind the Pilot, the Nav.

a general overview of the plane (this one is a KC-97L)

would need working doors, wheels and flaps.
the crew enters via the bottom door area (with a ladder to the upper level
would like the two jet engines too (see the second video).
for the back of the plane,
a Load Master and a Scanner.
would also need the back cargo doors to open and close (and the side cargo doors too)
23934-c-97bp-updatezip-93-c97g3.jpg

and one other thing, need a toilet (and a small room that i goes in). also need fuel tanks on the lower level.
the crew will enter via the lower door and go up a small ladder to the upper floor.
i would need the LDD so i can know what parts i need to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the gap between truck and trailer was too long

News on that sale was they had 36 of them at that price and they went in an hr, think it was online only or that take home layby thing they do
Mrs got an email reply within mins and they said all gone
They seem to not have click and collect on their site either

Theres saturn rockets not far from me for 160
Im tempted but i do prefer building technics

I thought the gap between truck and trailer was too long

News on that sale was they had 36 of them at that price and they went in an hr, think it was online only or that take home layby thing they do
Mrs got an email reply within mins and they said all gone
They seem to not have click and collect on their site either

Theres saturn rockets not far from me for 160
Im tempted but i do prefer building technics

Did you build the technic porsche? How does it compare to other technic sets?

Porsche was a much more involved and longer build than many Technics, but very rewarding. Recommended, especially at the $300 price point seen at big w online this week

Get the Saturn V, you won't regret it. Despite being "system" there are lots of innovative constructs and a challenging build in its own way. Probably my favourite set of 2017.

Didnt do porshe
For one thing i actually refuse to be paying over 200 to 250 for any lego
Secondly i hate the colour
Picky i know

Not everything ive got is technic
I have the london bus, big ben and the tower bridge

Get the Mini Cooper then.

It seems you have an English theme.

Not been a good week for my lot, so thought I'd come back in here :D.

Just finishing Ninjago City - a great build and an awesome set, there's so much going on. Leaked images of the new Ninjago City Docks set (70657) are now doing the rounds, this looks like an (albeit smaller) addition to the city itself. Not sure on release date, some commentators say June.

The Creator Expert roller coaster that's been rumoured ever since the tracks appeared in Joker Manor has apparently now been confirmed - set number 10261, *may* be available May for VIP pre-purchase. Looks awesome (4,100 pieces+)

Then of course there's the Bugatti ... Not sure how I'm going to get these three essential purchases past the CFO though.

Next project is the B model of the Mack Anthem - another really impressive build. Grandson's favourite vehicle is a garbage truck(!) so this'll be right up his street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back