The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

10341 Artemis ($450) & Lauch Pad and 31212 Milky Way ($300) both launched (hee hee) today with availability from 15 May. For space fans like me they go straight to the top of the wanted list, but the plethora of stickers on Artemis is a real bunner. Saturn V was only $170 and was fuilly printed, this just reeks of cost-cutting by Lego which is disappointing in such an expensive set.

Picked up Planet Earth and Moon in Orbit, i enjoyed the build, very clever

the wife said i could buy this aswell

View attachment 1975530
Glad you liked Earth and Moon, it was a welcome departure from Technic cars and machinery. Very clever.

Wow, Titanic. That'll be one awesome build, congratulations.

Raft of Star Wars offers around from May 1, including discounts at Lego.com, GWPs and specials at the majors. New Star Wars sets launching too. If that's your bag, don't miss it.

Personally I'm waiting for the Artemis and Milky Way launches on the 15th.

Glad you liked Earth and Moon, it was a welcome departure from Technic cars and machinery. Very clever.

Wow, Titanic. That'll be one awesome build, congratulations.
and for a Technics build, it was quite easy, compared to others

i can't wait to build it, have to wait for our new dining table to arrive before I can start

iiiiRaft of Star Wars offers around from May 1, including discounts at Lego.com, GWPs and specials at the majors. New Star Wars sets launching too. If that's your bag, don't miss it.

Personally I'm waiting for the Artemis and Milky Way launches on the 15th.
i want Artemis aswell, but might be pushing my luck, plus my wife wants to do Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage

$100 gift card with a $400 purchase ONLINE ONLY (excluding Star Wars) at the Certified Stores from 2-4 May. Handy if you're hankering over a larger exclusive set that isn't going to be available elsewhere discounted for a while, like Gotham City, which of course is OOS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Approval gained from the Minister Of Finances (Official)
Have to wait til birthday in August to officially receive but not fussed...it's the grail
Big W 20% off plus 10% extra

View attachment 1978298
Brilliant, congratulations. :thumbsu:

I've never bought one of the mega-sets but will have to one day just for the build experience.

Notre Dame and Mona Lisa announced today, capping a recent round of new releases across many themes. Best place to check them all is probably the "coming soon" section of Lego.com.

There's also the 1971 lunar rover and a new chess set, both of which are very well done.

Guess I need to put another painting on the wall next to Starry Night and the Great Wave.

I actually think it's fine, the real one is quite dark with subtle features so Lego needed to make these design choices to make it stand out. Looking forward to eventually acquiring it.

$170 is a fair price. Weird that 1 October is the release date...so far away!

Notre Dame and Mona Lisa announced today, capping a recent round of new releases across many themes. Best place to check them all is probably the "coming soon" section of Lego.com.

There's also the 1971 lunar rover and a new chess set, both of which are very well done.

Personally, $350 is quite steep for not much rover. Lots of loose bits as well.

Might wait for discounts on this and the Artemis rocket.

Personally, $350 is quite steep for not much rover. Lots of loose bits as well.

Might wait for discounts on this and the Artemis rocket.
Yep you're spot on on the rover (although the prototype wasn't designed to be particularly robust or refined ;)).

Occasionally Lego has strange exchange rate calculations - I recall the Crocodile Locomotive and a large Mario set were released on the same day a few years back at $US100 each. The Mario set retailed here for $150, and the Locomotive for $170.

The Rover is $US220, so a $350 tag here is on the high side. As you say, one to wait for a discount on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back