The Lions, Finals and Me

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we looking at potentially a "home" final in West Aus? Seems silly if crowds are allowed here but there has been chat of all finals being in WA....

Away final maybe

you hope we can play first week at Gabba if we finish 5th
or fly down and play at Kadina in front of 2,000 people if 4th

MCG be interesting one. Seeing it spreading everywhere down in Melb. Party on Bill and Ted seems the theme down here
Maybe they send all the finals teams to Perth for a hub.

Which not fair on us and Port.
Although better for big Vic teams

you hope we can play first week at Gabba if we finish 5th
or fly down and play at Kadina in front of 2,000 people if 4th

MCG be interesting one. Seeing it spreading everywhere down in Melb. Party on Bill and Ted seems the theme down here
Maybe they send all the finals teams to Perth for a hub.

Which not fair on us and Port.
Although better for big Vic teams
Could be a bit dodgy to plan finals in Perth as the powers that be over there have shown a penchant for lockdowns/restrictions/border closures over 1 or 2 cases.

I think the whole finals series should be played out in a Brisbane hub. :D :trophy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then if we lose we most likely play the bulldogs at home or if we win play most likely Melbourne or port

Losing that first final could make it really tough

If we make the prelim again it’s anyone’s game as both top two teams witnessed last year so I won’t be too worried, cards have really fallen our way given top 4 was a write off just 3 weeks ago so let’s focus on grabbing the 4th spot and then put our best foot forward in finals!

Assuming we finish 4th, who would we rather face?

Definitely Geelong for me especially if our defence is at full strength. Gardiner has played well on Cameron in the past and Adams on Hawkins allowing Andrews to try and get loose and Starce can play on Danger or another small. Would like Payne if fit to play on Rohan as well instead of Lester.

Definitely Geelong for me especially if our defence is at full strength. Gardiner has played well on Cameron in the past and Adams on Hawkins allowing Andrews to try and get loose and Starce can play on Danger or another small. Would like Payne if fit to play on Rohan as well instead of Lester.

I'd love Geelong in the finals.

Pretty confident we finish 4th. Adams (especially), Starc, Andrews and Payne and the other backs all did well against Geelong a couple of months ago, add Dizzy and would arguably be stronger. It could be argued we are too tall but Starc and Payne are reasonably agile, so agree with you jackess, but don't think Payne will be picked, committee don't like changing a winning team no matter how weak the opposition has been the last few games.

I will be interested to see how many tall forwards, forward/ruck both Geelong and Melbourne each play today as that might be an indication for who we pick next week.

Bombers almost certain to wrap up the final position in the 8 this afternoon IMO, my early week 1 finals tips >

Lions def Demons by 22.
Cats def Port by 30.

Swans def Giants by 10.
Bombers def Bulldogs by 18.

Just occured to me that we would be hoping the grand final stays outside of Victoria. We can't play at the MCG, and if we happened to make the GF against a Melbourne team, we would be at a severe disadvantage. A Perth GF puts us about even with any team playing there.

Just occured to me that we would be hoping the grand final stays outside of Victoria. We can't play at the MCG, and if we happened to make the GF against a Melbourne team, we would be at a severe disadvantage. A Perth GF puts us about even with any team playing there.

We've also won 1 out of our last 4 finals at the Gabba. Not sure it's helped that much the last couple of.years

We've also won 1 out of our last 4 finals at the Gabba. Not sure it's helped that much the last couple of.years

That's why I think playing away will do us good this time. The pressure of the grand final being at the Gabba got to the boys last year, while this year they won't have to worry about that. They also won't have to worry about playing at the G (which is our weak point). We also Play better as underdogs, and that will suit us against Melbourne this time around. I think if the gf is confirmed in Perth, and we somehow make the prelims, we won't make the same mistake again given the pressure of playing at the Gabba next week won't be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back