Carlton
The major dilemma - what do we do?

1a) Trade Fevola?
1b) Keep Whitnall?

2a) Trade Whitnall?
2b) Keep Fevola?

3a) Trade both?
3b) Keep both?

This is pretty much what Carlton are faced with, what do you think the club should do?

stokesy said:

1a) Trade Fevola?
1b) Keep Whitnall?

2a) Trade Whitnall?
2b) Keep Fevola?

3a) Trade both?
3b) Keep both?

This is pretty much what Carlton are faced with, what do you think the club should do?

I think we should keep both. fev has chased hard all year, and kicked a few goals. He should of kicked a lot more by now, but to his credit the delivery hasnt been great. Whitnall's form lately has been most impressing, so IMO they will be both needed at the club!

stokesy said:

1a) Trade Fevola?
1b) Keep Whitnall?

2a) Trade Whitnall?
2b) Keep Fevola?

3a) Trade both?
3b) Keep both?

1 will stay, most likely Fevola unless he prices himself out with the intention of leaving the club.

I think Carlton will want to load up this daft & grab another top 10 pick, if Whitnall can keep this type of form up we will be well compensated for him.

I'd hate to lose Fev (we dont know how good he can really become - eg. remember B.Hall at the age of 23-4, nothing special at all).

I'd only support trading Whittnal for a top 6 pick or a quality midfielder like Power or perhaps Salopek & a 2nd round pick.

Just remeber that guys like Danny Jacobs (pick 6), Nathan Thompson & Brad Ottens generated big interest, & on current form I'd expect a few clubs that believe they are on the cusp to bite the bullet & give away a pick for a chance on someone like Lance who could compliment their existing structure.

Credit to the Saints, they had a crack this year & almost poached him for SFA - pick 17 or 18.

Trade Whitnall while he's still linguring onto some value. Keep Fevola though. He's waaayyyy too talented to let go.

Like to congratulate Free Willy for one of the rare positive opinions on the Whitnall situation. Definitly should only trade him for a first round pick. If not hold onto him and get off his back.

Trade Lance, keep Fev

We need a 195cm key forward.............not 2 190cm pseudo key forwards

Mitch Clark is the man :)

If we draft Clark and Dowler, Dowler can be the extra tall down back

Fevalenko25 said:
Keep LANCE AND FEV!

i agree ... our major requirement is get all the duds out of the midfield and replace them with ppl who have good skills and are accountable for their opponents.

fev and lance are WAY to valuable to trade!!!

ps: bring in setanta as our 3rd tall fwd and waite is also 192 cm developing chf.

BlueBoy83 said:
i agree ... our major requirement is get all the duds out of the midfield and replace them with ppl who have good skills and are accountable for their opponents.

fev and lance are WAY to valuable to trade!!!

ps: bring in setanta as our 3rd tall fwd and waite is also 192 cm developing chf.

Mate, Lance is a dud. Or atleast he is for 3/4 of a season. If Carlton is for the 'business' class of society, then perhaps they could show some business skills of their own. Good business is buying stocks when they're low and selling them when they're high. I'm not saying Whitnall's value is high, but after the last fortnight it's as high as it's gonna get. If he is somehow worth a 1st rounder (or early 2nd rounder) at season's end, I strongly suggest we cash him in. Because by the end of next season, he'll be worth ZILCH!

Imagine this is our 2006 team:

B: Carrazzo, Livingston, Teague
HB:Houlihan, Thornton,Lappin
C: Power, Stevens, Dal Santo
HF: Waite,Whitnall,O'hAilpin
F: Betts, Fevola, 1#Draft Pick-Mitch Clark
Fol: French, Koutoufides, 2#Draft Pick-Hurn

I/C: Walker, Russell,Goddard, Camporeale

Emg: Bryan, Scotland, Hartlett

I agree we should keep both. Reason being with so much negativity surrounding Lance no club would give much for him. Yes, Saints went for him last season, the only one to do so, and they offered nothing much at all in return.
I hope Fevola re-signs, but his money demand could be a sticking point with Collo.
We really need to play Lance at full forward, that is what he is. We can only degrade his fitness to a certain point, but running the poor bloke forward/back/forward all game would test anyones fitness to the max.
We do need good midfielders, I like Kerr and possibly Dal Santo (although he does struggle in times the team around him are down).
I would like to see Wirrpunda down back.There was a rumour last summer he was coming in.
Something needs to be done down back, what is there is too short, not tough enough and out of sorts. A palyer like Wirrpunda would help, a taller player perhaps ?
Keep Lance at full forwadr, Fev at CHF, Eddie roving off those two and the forward line will have more bite than present.
:)

Fevalenko25 said:
Imagine this is our 2006 team:

B: Carrazzo, Livingston, Teague
HB:Houlihan, Thornton,Lappin
C: Power, Stevens, Dal Santo
HF: Waite,Whitnall,O'hAilpin
F: Betts, Fevola, 1#Draft Pick-Mitch Clark
Fol: French, Koutoufides, 2#Draft Pick-Hurn

I/C: Walker, Russell,Goddard, Camporeale

Emg: Bryan, Scotland, Hartlett

Your dreaming buddy :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so are we gonna get power, dalsanto and goddard through the PSD because we kept our draft picks and fev and whitnall are still there. nice team though

IMO fevola should stay and whitnal should get on his bicycle out of optus ovala and to a new home...i really hope whitnal pulls off 10 marks and a few goals for every game until the end of the year, this way every club gets a false sense of security and thinks he is back, and back to 2000 form. We can then possibly use his for a deal for power or another SKILLFULL midfielder(a position we badly need to fill, to assist stevens.)...lets face it we will get clarke or dowler, and they will take his spot and hold down CHF, though in loosing whitnal we can gain a midfielder who can put the ball on fev's chest where he wants it, and also complimenting the new forwards we will get n the draft...whitnal must go, for the sake of carltons future.

p.s. if you heard power on the radio after te game, he did not sound confident of staying in brsibane...looks a show to come back to melbourne

Sorry I reckon you blokes are dreaming!!!
Why would we get a round 1 pick for Lance if as a few are saying ,he's a dud??
Keep him at FF,what have we got to lose.Let him and Fev take the best backman every game.
It's going to be a long road back guys....if ever....has anyone considered this?
How much is recruiting players like Power,Dal Santo,Wirrupinda,etc going to cost us,isn't this just topping up again.

The season is gone ,how about formulating a game plan or two.
e.g. Lance at FF,Fev CHF,Eddie in a pocket,start rotating midfield with Kouta,Jarrad,Skinny,Campo having spells in fwd 50?
What have we got to lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back