Werewolf The Man in the high Castle Werewolf

Remove this Banner Ad

BigJoeD
Bet on blue
Morganashlee

That evil coup at the end was utter genius. Well played boys.

Hatchy as godfather.

Whatever next?
I'm lucky I had RodneyDangerfield and Bet on Blue around to assist me. Game could have ended very differently otherwise.

My thoughts weren't well expressed because we were pushed for time. I hoped Morgan would see it and switch her kill and then I could explain later.

I was trying to trip bob up earlier when I said "we shot a bullet night one bit it didn't work. I just told you we didn't shoot it". This was horse s**t. I was trying to see if bob reacted and nothing - that's when I knew he was the intimidator.

It's funny in spite of the ineptitude if the seer and the man in the high castle; the flogs firing their weapons prematurely and the four way villager lynch, the village could still have won easily if Nakia voted with the village.

In the future, for situations like this, can I give authorisation for my teammates to assign my vote for me if I'm going to be temporarily AFK?

In the future, for situations like this, can I give authorisation for my teammates to assign my vote for me if I'm going to be temporarily AFK?
No.

My thoughts weren't well expressed because we were pushed for time. I hoped Morgan would see it and switch her kill and then I could explain later.

I was trying to trip bob up earlier when I said "we shot a bullet night one bit it didn't work. I just told you we didn't shoot it". This was horse s**t. I was trying to see if bob reacted and nothing - that's when I knew he was the intimidator.

It's funny in spite of the ineptitude if the seer and the man in the high castle; the flogs firing their weapons prematurely and the four way villager lynch, the village could still have won easily if Nakia voted with the village.

A couple of my thoughts:

With the early seer reveal, the doc could have made sure the seer survived to a minimum of day 6! If Fryer had given the village the information openly, they would have been in a much better position. As it was, evil had just enough wiggle room to lead to the 4-man villager lynch.

Leaving me alive because I was the cub rather than killing a confirmed evil straight away (when the evil wasn't yet sure who the good roles were so couldn't take advantage of the extra kill anyway) was probably a poor move.

I also didn't miss Fryer hinting that I was the one he had seered, and so went about strategically moving my support and suspicion behind any targets I thought might be either Reich or good roles. If I'd been revealed earlier, it would have been an obvious ruse, but since I'd not yet been revealed, the vigs couldn't tell.

Great game dennis crumpet, and well played evil :mad:

:D
I take full responsibility- if I hadn't come to the royals Nakia wouldn't have this unhealthy hatred of me. He only went with evil to get back at me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game dennis crumpet, and well played evil :mad:

:D
Well played yourself. I was gobsmacked when our kill on you failed on N2 (we seered you on N1 so we figured you had self-protected N1). How you gon' protect someone else N1 considering you're an early target???

Village are just sick of your annoying self, so they are happy to be killed just so they don't have to put up with you

This makes no sense. I died on night 1.

No thinking from ND. Sad!

Just as thought, no draws here.

Seer role, both a blessing and a curse, that sort of power can mess with you quite a fair bit.

I only intended to stay around to give four seers, with N3 being the big one. I was really hoping for more activity before revealing, but clearly, it wasn't.

Seers are only worth something if you actually hit something. I didn't, and it was out of the way, I kept it to keep the field open. I was pretty happy with the JT lynch because I was confident on him being evil. Why stop that if you've hit nothing?

As noted, I never said to not kill. I have enough trust in the vigs to go out and get a result. You can't be stationary in this game. As you could see, even though we lost a neutral, we still had a head caught.

N3 was a concern for me, because the most important thing was to get out with minimal damage. We had a vig and a seer out in the open (and well, if I knew it was BJD earlier on, I would've been more confident) and I had to protect R2M. I also had the seer of BS, who was cub, and well, looked who wanted to have a piece of that action? As a villager, go for it, as a seer, that would be a quick ticket to doom. For me, the worst possible thing that could've happened was for the kills to be split. Also after hearing Dogs claim he knew the Doctor... well then, just split the kills, removing one of the vig/doctor just like that. I felt that outing BS was probably the worst move, because then he could use his status to plan out the move.

As much as I didn't like it, I had to get Morgs to kill a village target that was going to be evil. Problem was, there wasn't much action at all, so therefore, hard to determine. I'm not going to lie, but was really hoping for further clarification to make it more effective. Thank goodness that arrived. Best period as it set up a more manageable blueprint. I decided that I would choose the 6 out of 8 names, ensuring I tailored the two names to ensure it best fit in the line of thought of the killers. I even tailored the three names I felt the most confident about (I'm going to say it now, yes, I had no feeling on Froggy and FR being evil, but Paddles mentioned FR, Joe mentioned Froggy, and I really did not want BS being listed.) I felt better with this revised list of suspects, because there was some good quality behind it.

Yes, Rodney came in, suss as heck, but I figured he would be dealt with later.

I think with the names given, we'd hit 1 or 2 evil... I was thinking, no matter the circumstances, village would be in a good position. We'd make evil waste their kills.

Evil did waste their kills... unfortunately, we hit 3 villagers. (I'm not counting the 4th, since evil hit that). That summed it up right there, but as noted, it was good news, because the village had effectively won (and should've).

Let's be honest, if we had hit 2 kills and the GF, this would have a whole different spin, wouldn't it?

Nope, 3 villagers. Of course. Just had to be that combo. Any combo would've worked.

Honestly, don't like the ideas of lists, but felt in the situation, the worst possible thing would be to come clean, and risk coming out of that not only with a vig or doc dead, but the Wolves going into it with two kills.

As I said, it's a balancing act. I like to think I did do the right thing, but those villager kills hurt, even though it lead to a quicker conclusion.

Can someone please what I actually should've done? Knowing that situation... it would be so much different if the coin flipped the other way. If I told, I screw the village, and apparently here, I did the same despite it being in our favour.

Sometimes knowing is worse than not knowing at all...

Well played yourself. I was gobsmacked when our kill on you failed on N2 (we seered you on N1 so we figured you had self-protected N1). How you gon' protect someone else N1 considering you're an early target???

That was the big gamble - I knew I'd be a N1 seer candidate just as much as a kill candidate, so if I could scrape through N1 I knew I'd have some chance to last a couple of days. In the end I didn't protect anyone N1.

Fryer coming out D1 nearly scuttled my plans, until I realised he had protection from the first kill attempt plus it was supposedly a given the doc would protect him. Worked out ok in the end.

Can't believe I lost that 50/50 call on you or Hatchy for the intimidator...

Well played :thumbsu:

That was the big gamble - I knew I'd be a N1 seer candidate just as much as a kill candidate, so if I could scrape through N1 I knew I'd have some chance to last a couple of days. In the end I didn't protect anyone N1.

Fryer coming out D2 nearly scuttled my plans, until I realised he had protection from the first kill attempt plus it was supposedly a given the doc would protect him. Worked out ok in the end.

If I hadn't been stuck at work; if we had've got that kill to work could we have saved it?

If I hadn't been stuck at work; if we had've got that kill to work could we have saved it?

We still would've needed Nakia, but yes - we could have lynched Hatchy the following day phase and eliminated the Reich, and also stopped the intimidating (which was costing us a vote).

BoB played it really well, hats off

Fryer coming out D2 nearly scuttled my plans, until I realised he had protection from the first kill attempt plus it was supposedly a given the doc would protect him. Worked out ok in the end.

I would have gone Hatchy even if you didn't say it, we were screwed either way.

I don't want to harp on the demise of the village but I'm going to. Confirmed good providing guidance is great, but if you've got nothing concrete to offer, don't be writing a list and then demanding people abide by your rules.

We still would've needed Nakia, but yes - we could have lynched Hatchy the following day phase and eliminated the Reich, and also stopped the intimidating (which was costing us a vote).

BoB played it really well, hats off
That's what I'm saying. Did we lose the game when he hit the wrong person or did we lose the game when Nakia decided to betray the village?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back