The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swansea becoming a shambles of a club, pretty poor treatment of Guidolin.
apparently his birthday too. charming.

from what i saw, bradley did a pretty good job in norway, but there were serious questions about what he was doing with le havre in ligue 2. swansea have sold off some of their best players without replacing them, and have looked lively in some pretty difficult fixtures. but this is the nature of the beast.

Very surprised with how quickly that Swansea manager swap came about - surely Bradley must have already been lined up and ready to sign as soon as Guidolin was given his marching orders?

Interesting choice of manager too I would have thought. As far as I know, he's only really managed national sides or predominantly MLS clubs (according to his wiki) with a couple lower profile club appointments in Europe - Le Harve narrowly missed out on promotion to Ligue 1 last season. Still, seems a odd choice for a team sitting 17th on the table at present and with seemingly little club managerial experience in Europe, let alone England.

Will be keen to see how he goes.

Isn't Guidolin statistically their best PL manager? Strange to sack him after such a promising display against Liverpool.
Not even close. Monk had a better record in the PL alone, and I'm sure Rodgers and Martinez would blow that out of the water if lower tier records counted.

Then again, extremely harsh sacking, especially on his birthday too. What the heck happened to you Swansea? You used to be cool.

Not even close. Monk had a better record in the PL alone, and I'm sure Rodgers and Martinez would blow that out of the water if lower tier records counted.

Then again, extremely harsh sacking, especially on his birthday too. What the heck happened to you Swansea? You used to be cool.

Ok, think they were saying that before the Pool game, which I was surprised by too so not surprised to hear it was wrong. He was a pretty average manager for them and has made them such a nothing team, but just a weird week to do it. Reminds me of Rodgers last year being sacked despite a draw with Everton, just because it was the International Break and they had Klopp lined up.

Ok, think they were saying that before the Pool game, which I was surprised by too so not surprised to hear it was wrong. He was a pretty average manager for them and has made them such a nothing team, but just a weird week to do it. Reminds me of Rodgers last year being sacked despite a draw with Everton, just because it was the International Break and they had Klopp lined up.

To Liverpool's credit, at least they had a plan, and well, as weird as sacking after a draw is, it did seem like a good time to do it, give Klopp some time to get used to the faces at the club. For Rodgers, the writing was already on the wall, the least he could've done was to give a proper go for the final game.

Here, Swansea have done the same. It was clear that Guidolin was taking the club further backwards with his business, and the results speak for themselves. Sure, they were tough fixtures, but they're not exactly convincing. They did do the same thing as Liverpool, Bradley's alright, and he is somewhat established, so it could be a good one potentially. Did alright with Mahrez' old club in Le Harve.

Funny though, Swansea used to pride themselves on not being a sacking club. Think when Laudrup quit they made that point. Since then Monk and Guidolin haven't experienced that philosophy.

Yeah, funny that. You get clubs that have one manager for a very long time, and then they had multiple managers in the space of a couple of years. Typical, really.

Then again, in Swansea's case, the last three before Laudrup were all poached and Jackett resigned on his own accord. That's about... a decade of no sackings despite different managers? That's a pretty decent effort all things considered. Of course, once they got to the PL, it's a very different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was ginns say Fat Sam would be good but the FA is going after him hahaha

That's a great sign for Hull:

Dodgy Asian Owners appoint Dodgy Fat Manager who was sacked over Dodgy Dealings buying Dodgy Players for Dodge City.

That could've easily been the headline had that HK consortium went through.

Villa have had more managers in the last year than PL wins. :p

In a similar vein...

:$ those mackems eh...
14446123_1199222156816151_3332080140835095681_n.jpg

I don't necessarily agree with the manner Swansea went about it but I am generally a firm believer in pulling the trigger sooner rather than later.

That was partly our undoing last season - the board was too slow to get rid of the Wally and the damage was done.

That being said, seems a bit harsh on the guy. They had a pretty tough start to the season playing Leicester (away), Chelsea, Soton (away), City twice (cup and league) and Liverpool.

Other than that, the only other fixture they probably should have won (on paper) was the visit of Hull (2-0 loss).

I don't necessarily agree with the manner Swansea went about it but I am generally a firm believer in pulling the trigger sooner rather than later.

That was partly our undoing last season - the board was too slow to get rid of the Wally and the damage was done.

That being said, seems a bit harsh on the guy. They had a pretty tough start to the season playing Leicester (away), Chelsea, Soton (away), City twice (cup and league) and Liverpool.

Other than that, the only other fixture they probably should have won (on paper) was the visit of Hull (2-0 loss).

Spoken like a man who has experienced this very sort of thing, lol.

Then again, how soon were they able to get Rafa? I imagine that would've been a big factor in proceedings. I'm just thankful we got through that game without the usual manager bounce.

At least they had him on the ready, that was important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back