The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you have a reason for this view?
Three. One, I didnt think his achievements at United merited the jizzfest they got. He played an U21 team full of senior players, and his wins at U18's came when United went into the 3rd tier of the comp.

Second, youth coaching is very different to senior coaching. Wigan arent a side full of young kids needing to be moulded.

Third, just don't think you can do a lot with a side like Wigan. It's a hard gig there.

Three. One, I didnt think his achievements at United merited the jizzfest they got. He played an U21 team full of senior players, and his wins at U18's came when United went into the 3rd tier of the comp.

Second, youth coaching is very different to senior coaching. Wigan arent a side full of young kids needing to be moulded.

Third, just don't think you can do a lot with a side like Wigan. It's a hard gig there.
His U21s teams were not full of senior players.

He was successful despite all and sundry declaring that United couldn't produce any youf. I can't think of a player that regressed under him and he is much beloved by his players and his players families. The Premier League is chock full of ex Joyce coached footballers.

He's already managed successfully at senior level.

Your third reason has the most potential to be true. Wigan have two or 3 ex United players there who he knows and is very well connected. Would think that he'll get a few loans in Jan which will help them stay in the division. Depends on your expectations I guess. If you think he should be winning promotion in his first 2 seasons then I'd agree that failure is likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What were they?
arny asked him what he does when his team isnt performing well. mou said he looks at the areas where his team is struggling and he asks the owner/s to buy the best player available for those areas.
arny said, how bout in my situation where we have a salary cap and all teams pay the same level of wages and no transfer fees? Mou said, i dont understand what you mean by a salary cap lol.
arny said on the show, 'i wonder how good some of these managers would be if they couldnt spend a shite load of money and had to work on an even level with all clubs in their league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back