Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, if old people have stopped listening to 5AA, who's left?

https://indaily.com.au/news/busines...larke-takes-back-breakfast-as-fiveaa-crashes/

Screen-Shot-2020-03-10-at-9.10.56-am-e1583793754757.png
Coronavirus hitting 5AA's prime market

No Gilly no good. NITV have given Gilly a show. From the article

This month, NITV announced two indigenous football shows, Yokayi and The Colour Of Your Jumper, which will feature former Marngrook co-hosts Gilbert McAdam and Shelley Ware, respectively.

“I’m really disappointed in NITV,” Hansen said. “We had no idea our show was going to be scotched. They left us high and dry, basically. “The two new shows are basically spin-offs of the Marngrook Footy Show, but as they say, the original is always the best.”

Hansen hopes sponsors get on board Marngrook “so this other mob don’t pitch our ideas and live off our backs. They’re already promoting it as the new shows taking over from Marngrook. Like f--- they are!” ...... The Marngrook Footy Show will premiere on Channel 31 at 7pm next Wednesday, and be replayed on Foxtel channel, Aurora, the following day.

This is a Press Release from NITV, from 6 March, quoted on this TV website TVBlackBox, that The Wookie contributes sports TV stuff to. Looks like AFL Media are involved and that's why Grant Hansen got the arse.

New details about THE MARNGROOK FOOTY SHOW replacement

A new take on the traditional panel show champions young, diverse players and perspectives

NITV and the AFL are proud to announce the launch of Yokayi Footy – an exciting new take on the traditional football panel show. The program marks the beginning of a partnership between NITV and the AFL, ahead of the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

Premiering on 18 March, and hosted by former Adelaide, Sydney and Collingwood player Tony Armstrong, AFLW advocate and youth pioneer Bianca Hunt, and former triple premiership Brisbane Lions and Australian Indigenous Team of the Century player Darryl White, Yokayi Footy will bring AFL debate and conversation to the table through a unique and youthful Indigenous lens.

The name Yokayi, a Noongar phrase meaning ‘a shout of victory’, highlights the importance of culture and community, both of which are core aspects of the program. Yokayi Footy will film between its Melbourne studio and on country, with segments exploring participation around Australia and the untold stories from communities.

In addition to catching up on the AFL news of the week, the program will incorporate interactive elements in the form of ‘The Deadliest’ competition. Taking place as knockout rounds via social media, fans will be given the ability to vote for their favourite Indigenous player. Each week, the results will be discussed by the panel, until the winner is announced in the lead up to the Sir Doug Nichols Round.

NITV AFL Correspondent, Gilbert 'Gilly' McAdam will also play a key part in the program, reporting from communities as well as hosting several regional AFL games on NITV throughout the season.

Together, NITV and the AFL are committed to more viewing options across some of the biggest TV and digital platforms in the country in order to amplify the AFL stories that matter most to Indigenous communities.

Yokayi Footy will be broadcast on NITV, SBS Viceland, as well as catch up services available on SBS On Demand, making the program accessible to all AFL fans no matter their location. The first episode will also be streamed on NITV’s Facebook page.

NITV Channel Manager, Tanya Orman, said:
“Yokayi Footy will continue NITV’s strong legacy of covering AFL, and enable us to reach new audiences through a different lens, and in particular engage the thousands of young people who play and follow the game in communities across the country.
“The love and importance of football to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and the positive impact it has in communities around Australia, inspired us to create a program that celebrates the achievements of Indigenous players, as well as telling the stories of the game, in a way that hasn’t been done before.
“We’re also thrilled that this partnership has created employment opportunities within the Indigenous broadcast sector, and that Karla Hart, a proud Noongar woman, will be joining us as Executive Producer.
“NITV are thrilled to be working so closely with the AFL and are excited for the positive impact the two organisations can make together.”
Darren Birch, AFL General Manager - Growth, Digital and Audiences, said the new partnership recognises the incredible contribution to the game from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and the new partnership provides an opportunity for these voices to be better represented in our game.
“Indigenous players, past and present, have given so much to our game, and we are proud to create a new platform in partnership with NITV to champion these players and their stories. Yokayi Footy is modern. It’s authentic. And it’s bringing these important perspectives of our game to fans.
“We are honoured to work in partnership with the NITV family and their leadership.”
In another win for AFL fans, The Colour of Your Jumper will be broadcast on free-to-air TV for the first time, with NITV airing the new season on Tuesday nights at 9.30pm. Hosted by Shelley Ware, Mathew Stokes and Andrew Krakouer, the program tackles both the serious and light-hearted issues facing Indigenous players in the AFL.

Catch Yokayi Footy from Wednesday 18 March at 8pm on NITV, Friday’s at 3pm on SBS Viceland and catch up on SBS On Demand, AFL.com.au and the AFL Live app.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news story re Brendan Lade. Ladey was put off as an Assistant Coach but is now working in the building trade with his brother. Brendan, who is a qualified cabinet maker, suggests that all young AFL footballers should get a qualification of some sort to cope with life after football. Good advice.

Does anyone listen to SEN?
I used to but weaning myself off it coz I don't like my ads being interrupted by football. Tried watching FC tonight but sheesh that blowhard McGuire was too much.

Caro tried to bring some facts and sensibility to the show despite Eddie being a total shithead..... geez he's an ugly toad.

I used to but weaning myself off it coz I don't like my ads being interrupted by football. Tried watching FC tonight but sheesh that blowhard McGuire was too much.

Caro tried to bring some facts and sensibility to the show despite Eddie being a total shithead..... geez he's an ugly toad.
Eddie is a SHITHEAD and to think his roots go back to Scotland like mine. Thank gawd his roots don't go back to the Kingdom of Fife.

Started to watch but when it became a 'How Good are Collingwood' shitfest I walked away.

You are right about Eddie's appearance as he has put on weight, looks unkept and as if he is about to blow a gasket any minute.

Started to watch but when it became a 'How Good are Collingwood' shitfest I walked away.

You are right about Eddie's appearance as he has put on weight, looks unkept and as if he is about to blow a gasket any minute.
For a guy who has made a career out TV he ought to know anger doesn't work on screen especially directed to a woman.

Neither does talking over a fellow panelists repeatedly and waffling on about utter bs like some 7yr old wearing an Essendon jumper or Collingwood

forged in the depression of the 1890's I mean seriously wtf. The irony of it all was that he came across as a 7yr old throwing a tantrum.

The froth n bubble bluster from motor mouth could not have been more ugly. I wish he'd just shrivel up and eff off. Dunno about the rest of the show coz

I turned it off.

Eddie is a SHITHEAD and to think his roots go back to Scotland like mine. Thank gawd his roots don't go back to the Kingdom of Fife.

That makes sense. His head looks like an inflated bagpipe.

Speaking of Eddi here's a gag on social media that my wife just read out to me so with a bit of licence thought I'd share it

Wife and I were in bed watching "Who wants to be a millionaire" and I turn to her and ask "you wanna have sex"?

NO :mad:

"is that your final answer"?

FINAL ANSWER ! :mad::mad:

"lock it in"?

:mad::mad::mad:

"then I'd like to phone a friend"

that's when the fight started

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back