Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

I tuned in with around 20mins to go and was surprised Tredders was on. Decided to call in and pose the question of why has Hinkley not fronted for an interview to see if Tredrea (Kg and Tugwell I think?) could shed any light. Queried whether he was reluctant to front up or were the club protecting him. Didn’t really get a definite reply but Tredrea did mention hearing there’s some sort of protection going on.

I also pointed out Koch saying to Tredrea to learn about the club and that clown saying we went out in straight sets in 01,02 and 03 and how could a President of Port get such fundamental information wrong.
Tugwell then went on to say “I don’t think that was the only information he got wrong in that interview.” KG asked him to elaborate and he just chuckled and said “I think we’ve run out of time, maybe some other time.”

I heard your call mate, was a great one. I mentioned it in the Sack Hinkley thread and was curious if it was a poster here.

With regards to the bolded part above, I think Sam Tugwell was referring to what Koch said about Rowe

Last edited:
In addition to that Tredders said given the current set up, even as a Board member it would be hard to invoke change. I assume he meant Koch and his veto powers.
He also said that a good captain needs to be strong enough to challenge the coach and the CEO and the president

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

John Cahill and Choco Williams on The Front Bar. Magnificent. What Port Adelaide is really about.

Even Bucks did a cameo.

John Cahill and Choco Williams on The Front Bar. Magnificent. What Port Adelaide is really about.

Even Bucks did a cameo.
And Choco made sure at the end he got Darren Cahill in there telling all his coaching record, coaching Skinner and others to #1 and grand slam titles.

Malcolm Blight was good if you can put up with the crows flags. But he talks about Woodville and Ron Barassi berating him for 23 minutes for captaining Victoria. A South Australian!

Choco is just rolling out the Port Adelaide memorabilia he owns, talking about growing up at the club and all the success. You wonder what he and Jack make of what we have become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They showed an interview with Jack at a Power game he was coaching, we were trailing by 9 goals at half time and the journo asked Did you give them a rocket at half time Jack? And Jack replies No well we were only 9 goals down and I said to work their way back into it ... of course I gave them a *ing rocket Hamish!

Classic :D

I was sitting, watching, smiling…. And realise, I miss my club, the one I grew up with.
Off topic I know and sorry for the intrusion but how do you feel about potentially exiting the SANFL?

Would be sad but I’m now in my early 50’s and Easter Holidays trips to SA and Adelaide were full of tram trips up from Glenelg to Rowe & Jarman’s in the Mall to mull over which pair of footy boots I’d buy for the upcoming season and double headers at Footy Park usually featuring Port Magpies - I realise times change but I loved the SANFL back in those days…

This is the guernsey Mark is holding up in the photo ... Mark, Anthony and Stephen

8bee9c78d4a697497555c1bf577e7712

Off topic I know and sorry for the intrusion but how do you feel about potentially exiting the SANFL?

Would be sad but I’m now in my early 50’s and Easter Holidays trips to SA and Adelaide were full of tram trips up from Glenelg to Rowe & Jarman’s in the Mall to mull over which pair of footy boots I’d buy for the upcoming season and double headers at Footy Park usually featuring Port Magpies - I realise times change but I loved the SANFL back in those days…

They were great times and I have some wonderful memories of those days, but the sanfl barely has a pulse for me now.

SANFL was the dream time, sitting on the terraces, the goosebumps walking into Alberton, and finding your own in the crowd when heading to Unley, or the Parade and its bloody wall, or Richmond or Prospect, or getting lost on the outer at Elizabeth that was almost as wide as it was long.

That’s what I mostly miss to be honest. SANFL Magpies (must be as part of the PAFC but not linked player wise with the AFL team) would be the ideal, but can’t see it happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back