Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the most insulting tactic.

Does some ponytailed tugger at Fox/Seven/the AFL seriously believe a viewer’s ongoing engagement with the broadcast hinges on Dwayne dribbling some nonsense about how the game could’ve been or might be closer?
Dribbling Dwayne does, he thinks he’s captivated the audience.

Loved the Dwayne Russell commentary yesterday ...

"Another behind by West Coast. They are still in this! If they had kicked straight, they would be right with Port."

Score at the time... View attachment 1931495 ... No mention that Port had just missed umpteen easy chances, and should have been a lazy 10 goals ahead!! :rolleyes:

Did it 2 or 3 times, then finally shut up. I know they do it to keep the oppo team audience engaged, but grief, they can sprout crap at times!
How about the chat a few minutes later after the boundary error.

Dwayno says "maybe we like a bit of human error in the game"

Dal Santo saw reason instantly and said people like what is just so he gets some marks for that but Dwayno, yeah, lets have errors from umps in the game and enjoy it. Lunatic.

How about the chat a few minutes later after the boundary error.

Dwayno says "maybe we like a bit of human error in the game"

Dal Santo saw reason instantly and said people like what is just so he gets some marks for that but Dwayno, yeah, lets have errors from umps in the game and enjoy it. Lunatic.
Heard a replay of Timmy G's on air commentary of that incident - was pretty good. Went something like

'he's so far out of bounds his boots got wet from the Torrens'

Dwayne using power puns in succession for a minute straight was ummmm

die family guy GIF

Travis Boak plays game 350 this week I wonder if the AFL have done any article on it.....

Screenshot_20240319-093627.png

Nope
Daicos playing his 50th is too important....

Jeez. Reckon we could wait until the end of the week before we pot a lack of fanfare for Boak. It'll come. Naicos article is funny trash tho.

Just getting back to the commentary on the weekend.

I was surprised that the guys teed off on Kelli Underwood a couple of times. One was related to Rozee being from Whyalla and another was related to the Hornet buying a house next to Malcolm Blight. Anyway, I thought she took it well both times and played on but there was a air of "If you going to make mistakes, we are going to take a crack" mentality.

I was surprised that the guys teed off on Kelli Underwood a couple of times. One was related to Rozee being from Whyalla and another was related to the Hornet buying a house next to Malcolm Blight. Anyway, I thought she took it well both times and played on but there was a air of "If you going to make mistakes, we are going to take a crack" mentality.

Well it’s not like her voice makes up for the lack of knowledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also when she asked if a pass mark for West Coast was 6-8 wins.
They wouldn't get 8 wins in the WAFL I don't reckon.

Also when she asked if a pass mark for West Coast was 6-8 wins.
They wouldn't get 8 wins in the WAFL I don't reckon.
So she's giving them a target that is a stretch? There's really nothing wrong with what Underwood said on that time. There's lots of problems with Underwood's commentary, but if people are complaining about that statement, then they're just looking for things to trash her with, and its getting into "just trash her because she's female" levels.

So she's giving them a target that is a stretch? There's really nothing wrong with what Underwood said on that time. There's lots of problems with Underwood's commentary, but if people are complaining about that statement, then they're just looking for things to trash her with, and its getting into "just trash her because she's female" levels.
Most of the problem with her commentating is her actual voice. Other than that I don’t think she’s too bad. She doesn’t talk non-stop just to hear the sound of her own voice aka Brereton, or Dwayne.

they have won 5 games in 2 years and have probably the worst list in the AFL

6-8 wins as a pass mark is a little lofty one would think

they have won 5 games in 2 years and have probably the worst list in the AFL

6-8 wins as a pass mark is a little lofty one would think
Yeah well Ken hasn't gotten to a Grand Final in 11 years of coaching and last year didn't even make a Prelim, so the media saying reaching the Grand Final is a pass mark for this year is a lofty statement they should avoid.

The West has given Harley Reid the day off today, instead taking aim at these "traitors", none of whom have ever played for the Weagles and only Hogan for a WA team and he was effectively run out of town...

1711094080894.png

The headline:
1711094141144.png

What Kinga actually said:

Kingsley laughed off questions about the back page, saying it’s all part of the passion for footy in WA and he had no problem with it.

The West has given Harley Reid the day off today, instead taking aim at these "traitors", none of whom have ever played for the Weagles and only Hogan for a WA team and he was effectively run out of town...

View attachment 1936114

The headline:
View attachment 1936116

What Kinga actually said:

Kingsley laughed off questions about the back page, saying it’s all part of the passion for footy in WA and he had no problem with it.
Yeah, I bet that headline makes Victorian Harley Reid really comfortable making the move interstate.

If I were the Age or HS I’d be copying that back page next week when Reid plays the Bulldogs at Marvel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back