Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of carry on about the Swans march to the oval. How long have we been doing it?

There has been an unofficial swans march to the SCG from central station for years. Between the rubbish buses they use to run and the new trams with no capacity, it’s quicker and easier to walk up.

It’s actually a cool walk up through Surry hills. A couple of pubs along the way.

There has been an unofficial swans march to the SCG from central station for years. Between the rubbish buses they use to run and the new trams with no capacity, it’s quicker and easier to walk up.

It’s actually a cool walk up through Surry hills. A couple of pubs along the way.

So, it’s not even news. They are just highlighting OLDS now. Weird…

Its that Port's win has been soured by Butters' injury not a comment about it being a sour win. You're being way too precious here because its a pretty accurate statement. I'd prefer to lose a pre-season match up with Freo and have no injury cloud over Butters.

I mean if we actually want to talk about Media Shakes Head...

View attachment 1918961
Hinkley was talking about Jackson Mead.
Fair enough

Probably doesn't help though that the "sour" injury has been cleared for Butters to play round 1 when the non-headline worthy injury to Flopthorpe has already ruled him out for half the season :laughing:

When I lived in Concord, usually it was the slightly longer walk up Devonshire St, no hill to puff you out, and to The Trinity Bar, which was not as crowded as those pubs on Foveaux and Fitzroy Street. Especially for night games, but had to end up crossing South Dowling St and crossing Moore Park.

But after the game I don't know if it was the geography of going down the hill, but usually went the Fitzroy St and Foveaux St route to Central station and the Cricketers Arm or the Olympic Hotel straight across from the SCG/SFS. After a couple of years in SE Qld I moved back to Sydney and lived in Bronte, so it was usually the Olympic Hotel or the pubs in Fox Studios.

But you are right, that the walk up the hill of Foveaux Street and Fitzroy Street was always like an unofficial Swans supporters march, especially post 1994, when Lockett and Roos came to Sydney and Paul Kelly and others started playing well and they started drawing decent crowds.

Old Grandpa Cornes with the last word. FÚÇK YOU CORNES YOU WRINKLY OLD SCROT!!!
Cornes: Is it OK to speak ill of the dead? Because with this man it seems impossible not to

Usual trash, trying to show he's balanced but just usual I'm holier than thou.

Not sure if I'm getting old and my memory isn't 100% but pretty sure Russell got David on the radio with soup bones and during the interview it was alluded Jack sent him out that day with instructions and not to worry about previous warnings he had been given by the club.

If true, the man definitely had his personal reasons to feel betrayed by the club, especially if in his mind, he was giving his all for the club and would have expected the club to stick by him.

When you try and imagine his upbringing and playing in that era you can sort of understand why his footballing ability isn't the first thing remembered about the man by a lot of people.

Thankfully the link doesn't work for me because the old fool's words would probably make my blood boil.

Is that the sound of breaking glass I hear?

Look forward to his character assassinations of the Phillis and Stringer brothers as well as Scott Salisbury.
He gave quite a few other incidents a mention but failed to mention his own little hit squad.

What a gutless coward this prick is. Didn't have the balls to write about him until he couldn't defend himself.

Yep. It says more about him than about Granger.

8983CC85-D70E-48EE-87DA-983ADB839217.jpeg
“Ha! The joke is on you!”

What a gutless coward this prick is. Didn't have the balls to write about him until he couldn't defend himself.

What was wrong with Cornes article ? I do not expect Cornes not to mention the rough bits but he also has some good things to say about David. Around 20 years ago when David was having some quite public problems Cornes interviewed David Granger on 5AA and he was surprisingly supportive of David. When I tuned into that interview I thought there was a probability that it would end in a punch up but the opposite happened.

In the article Cornes pays tribute to Granger's ability and outlines the hardships in his upbringing. It is a pity that the article had to headline and start with the sensational bits but I guess that is what makes people read the article.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That kymbo moron has tipped port to win the flag. Lol taking the piss I assume
I have tipped me to bed Margot Robbie. Just as much a chance.

SEN Dwayne Russell on his potential picks to kick the ton this year…..

10 – Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide)

“Charlie Dixon, if he stays injury-free.

“If Ivan Soldo rucks all year then as a stay-at-home forward Dixon might be a chance.”

Id start at the half-century if I were you Charlie, you’ve never made it that far before.
Charlie Ton Watch.
Games played: 0.5
Goals kicked: 3
Forecast: 150 (incl 3 finals)

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Loved the Dwayne Russell commentary yesterday ...

"Another behind by West Coast. They are still in this! If they had kicked straight, they would be right with Port."

Score at the time... 1710719141118.png ... No mention that Port had just missed umpteen easy chances, and should have been a lazy 10 goals ahead!! :rolleyes:

Did it 2 or 3 times, then finally shut up. I know they do it to keep the oppo team audience engaged, but grief, they can sprout crap at times!

Last edited:

"Another behind by West Coast. They are still in this! If they had kicked straight, they would be right with Port."

Score at the time... View attachment 1931495 ... No mention that Port had just missed umpteen easy chances, and should have been a lazy 10 goals ahead!! :rolleyes:

Did it 2 or 3 times, then finally shut up. I know they do it to keep the oppo team audience engaged, but grief, they can sprout crap at times!
Just a gut feel, but I think this is one of Dwayne's specialtys.

Score at the time... View attachment 1931495 ... No mention that Port had just missed umpteen easy chances, and should have been a lazy 10 goals ahead!! :rolleyes:

It’s the most insulting tactic.

Does some ponytailed tugger at Fox/Seven/the AFL seriously believe a viewer’s ongoing engagement with the broadcast hinges on Dwayne dribbling some nonsense about how the game could’ve been or might be closer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back