Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still shaking my head at that Kayo coverage from yesterday. The commentary was terrible and the camerawork poor. Classic example, at the centre bounce Sweet has his run at the ball impeded by the Crow ruckman who is not making the ball his object. The commentator says, 'I do not know what that free was for' followed by 'I cannot help you there'. it6 was bloody obvious what the free was for. Then later in the quarter Rioli almost has his head pulled off yet the Kayo commentator calls it a 'great tackle' but has to backtrack when he sees the replay. Awful commentary from two guys who wanted to share private jokes rather than focus on the task at hand.

Someone should tell the Kayo producers that we have four quarters in Aussie rules not four periods. Obviously FOXTEL are attempting to save money by taking this third rate feed. I do not subscribe to Kayo so please help me out. Is the commentary usually that bad and who where those commentators?
i remember years ago when clinton grybas did fox footy they had view option where you could select the camera view you wanted to watch the game in, as i remember you had about 4 options you could choose and it woudlnt deviate away from that view. So i think you had a close-up, wide angle, up-field or down-field. It was great for watching replays etc as you could see exactly how teams were set-up and how players moved. Im not sure why they dont do that anymore as i think it would be very popular?

And so it begins.

Is this headline really necessary:think:

View attachment 1912050
Looking at this s**t reminds me how the game has changed, in that 20 years ago, with the ball nowhere near him, Mark Bickley king hit Darryl Wakelin with a full body force elbow that broke Wakelin's jaw and ended his season and bid for a premiership... And got ONE week difference to what SPP copped this week.

i remember years ago when clinton grybas did fox footy they had view option where you could select the camera view you wanted to watch the game in, as i remember you had about 4 options you could choose and it woudlnt deviate away from that view. So i think you had a close-up, wide angle, up-field or down-field. It was great for watching replays etc as you could see exactly how teams were set-up and how players moved. Im not sure why they dont do that anymore as i think it would be very popular?
Cost cutting. Digital TV platform is different now.

There are so many things wrong with this front page. And not just footy. Imagine Taylor Swift needing advice from Basil?

GG0Ylg9aAAApUnv

It fooled me and 95% of other people.

It says a lot more about the state of Australian journalism (and Basil) than it does about the vast majority of us who thought it was real. :sob:

Not ashamed to say I went looking for that Basil article.

Haha - that's entirely plausible though for the Harvey Norman Daily. No one picked it up as fake until Joshy boy outed himself because the people who saw it on line don't buy newspapers and the people who do buy the paper aren't on the internet yet.

Disclaimer - I buy the Worst Australian on Saturdays, to wrap the FOGO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These people should really be scared of AI.

This is the kind of job AI will take care of.

(I mean, not the parody; but that what made the parody believable.)

The creators of AI would have to invent AS (Artificial Stupidity) to create realistic modern journalism.

Two SA teams, two convincing wins, each team got an injury scare...

But COMPLETELY different headlines:

"Too Strong" vs "SOUR win"

I feel like I've seen the word sour used in Port Adelaide related headlines several times before as well. Can't even get a break on the official league site anymore.

"Too Strong" vs "SOUR win"

I feel like I've seen the word sour used in Port Adelaide related headlines several times before as well. Can't even get a break on the official league site anymore.
Its that Port's win has been soured by Butters' injury not a comment about it being a sour win. You're being way too precious here because its a pretty accurate statement. I'd prefer to lose a pre-season match up with Freo and have no injury cloud over Butters.

I mean if we actually want to talk about Media Shakes Head...

GHtOGTOasAArdph.jpg
Hinkley was talking about Jackson Mead.

Not to make light of the Webster atrocity, but the folks (bots?) at WhatsNew2Day have done it again...

Football star Jimmy Webster’s family are “arrested making shocking comments on social media” after he knocked out their rival with a sickening punch.​

• Jimmy Webster’s family mocked his brother’s brutal beating
  • The Webster brothers’ comments on social media have been deleted.
  • St Kilda defender stunned Jy Simpkin with late strike
Members of Jimmy Webster’s family have reportedly been arrested for making light of the St Kilda defender’s shocking hit on North Melbourne co-captain Jy Simpkin in social media comments that have since been deleted .

Webster jumped off the ground and crushed Simpkin’s head with his shoulder during the first quarter of the clash at RSEA Park on Sunday and faces a lengthy suspension after leaving the Kangaroos star with a concussion.

Webster’s sister Maddi shared footage of the incident, writing ‘Oh Jimmy’ accompanied by a laughing emoji.

Alysha Webster, another sister, commented: “Good night.”

The Saints star’s younger brother Jay added: “Fair play continues.”

The old saying - "Nothing is foolproof............ because fools are so ingenious".
I was in a role where a lot of what I did was around idiot proofing (baka yoke). Just when you thought you'd been successful along would come a bigger idiot. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back