Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crap about the crows releasing Cameron on compassionate grounds is so cynical it's funny.
They dragged it out to the end to get pick 12 for a rookie listed upgrade and then said they let him go on compassionate grounds after Pyke (an outsider) made the call. Cameron and his management had nothing good to say about crows.

Meanwhile, we HELPED Impey, a first round pick, go in exchange for pick 34 and his outpouring of praise left people in no doubt about the respect he has for the club.

They dragged it out to the end to get pick 12 for a rookie listed upgrade and then said they let him go on compassionate grounds after Pyke (an outsider) made the call. Cameron and his management had nothing good to say about crows.

Meanwhile, we HELPED Impey, a first round pick, go in exchange for pick 34 and his outpouring of praise left people in no doubt about the respect he has for the club.
It's called bullshitting versus authenticity.
If their customers can't see it for what it is there is no hope for them.

What use is the mainstream media in this day and age?

What can you get from Rucci, Dillon, Capel, Rowe, the Cornses that you can't get in a spades and shovels better standard from Macca, Teekray and Hellgood?

I don't get how people still have these mainstreamers on any form of pedestal. They get their oxygen from that, and yet they peddle transparently and objectively bullshit 'opinions'. In sum, I don't see how their views count as news on this board.

Was channel surfing on the radio on on the way home from work Friday? when I heard Kane Corner discuss being called by the crows about his rant and the aftermath. I am sure that I heard Ben Hart say something along the lines of "so you came to some arrangement" and then they talked about agreeing to disagree etc.

That comment which didn't really go anywhere said (and says) it all for me about the crows and what they expect.

You don't follow the line in this town you will get a call. You want to work to work in the media in this town be prepared to come to an arrangement.

If you want a non crows sycophantic role in the media and be based in Adelaide like the club your going to need to grow beyond state borders.

It's like a totalitarian state. Views running counter to the official narrative are not accepted and in fact not allowed to be expressed. Everyone involved with that club lives in a deluded bubble that they will never escape from.

And may it never change!

Although I don't live in Sadelaide anymore and genuinely feel sorry for those that do and have to put up with the bullshit, as long as the media are blowing smoke up the customers, corporation and its employees....sorry, players, then the culture of mediocrity will continue and they will continue to fail and not understand why.

As a club that has basically been on the back foot in the AFL since day dot, constantly having the media barrage of bullshit and vitriol directed at us has served us well in building up a tolerance to the venom, to the point where for us it's just white noise. Derpery like est. 1997, tarps and 119 has no effect on Port supporters anymore, because we have heard it all so, so many times before it has become meaningless as insults.

The customers and corporation, having just lost the unloseable GF (that statement just doesn't get old :D) have copped about 0.00001% of the criticism that we have had to endure over the years and can't handle it. For me, this is the best off season in years, after seeing the second best AFL GF in history, then watching the corporation implode and us nailing trade week I can't wait for next season.

Never has there been stuck a protected species as the Adelaide football franchise, I personally have stoped listening to any S.A media and it is so refreshing to get the real story on what happens in South Australian football.

In normal media you would have to read a disclaimer out before you speak an opinion that you are on the books for, unless you are talking football in SA.

I'm no great fan of Sam Newman, but how pathetic was the pressure from tingle customers back in Kenny Cunnington's time, to have his 5 minute segment on 5AA cancelled, because he said he didn't think the tingles could make the 8 in that particular season. o_O

Ages in 2018.

Gibson 31/32, Betts 31, Douglas 31, Jacobs 29/30, McKay 29, Gibbs 29, Jenkins 29, Otten 28/29

Westhoff 31, Ryder 29/30, Gray 29/30, Boak 29

Port the geriatric team in this state.

Hmmm.... I'm not great at maths, but 8 is far greater than 4.

Holy s**t Jenkins is 29? How many years left in his overinflated contract again? I genuinely thought he was about 26.

Holy s**t Jenkins is 29? How many years left in his overinflated contract again? I genuinely thought he was about 26.

I think we're about to witness millions of dollars being stolen right in front of me because it's not long now until...

(•_•) , ( •_•)>⌐□-□ , (⌐□_□)

...this Goose is cooked.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Josh Jenkins is actually 28. In feb 2018, he turns 29. He will be 33 at the start of the 2022 season. He may well have performance objectives to play until 2022, but if not, he is only costing them $550,000 a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never has there been stuck a protected species as the Adelaide football franchise, I personally have stoped listening to any S.A media and it is so refreshing to get the real story on what happens in South Australian football.

In normal media you would have to read a disclaimer out before you speak an opinion that you are on the books for, unless you are talking football in SA.

I'm guessing paid vs unpaid is the loophole they get through. Cash for comments is ... advertising. They probably just get away with random ambassador events or other forms of non cash largesse. Would be neat to catch them out and test the rules though ;) #theteamforallcorruptsouthaustralians

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing paid vs unpaid is the loophole they get through. Cash for comments is ... advertising. They probably just get away with random ambassador events or other forms of non cash largesse. Would be neat to catch them out and test the rules though ;) #theteamforallcorruptsouthaustralians
My understanding is that Mark Bickley is still a part time employee of the Crows' marketing department. They may not actually be paying him to push their agenda when he is on 5AA but it is a very obvious conflict of interest.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-21/tex-responds-to-gibbslever-comparisons
"He's taken a pay cut, so that's pretty simple."
"Sam Gibson and Bryce Gibbs, they don't only bring talent; they bring hard work, leadership and (are) great characters," Walker said.

"That's what we like to get at our football club. I rate people with leadership and character."

Can't keep his finger out of the pie can he lol.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-21/tex-responds-to-gibbslever-comparisons
"He's taken a pay cut, so that's pretty simple."
"Sam Gibson and Bryce Gibbs, they don't only bring talent; they bring hard work, leadership and (are) great characters," Walker said.

"That's what we like to get at our football club. I rate people with leadership and character."

Can't keep his finger out of the pie can he lol.

He is such a toss....
I swear they voted him best captain the same way Ling got voted best looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back