Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does Limited News still own the NRL?

Richmond’s win was great for Tiger fans but troubling for the AFL

RICHMOND’S players aren’t the only ones waking with headaches today. The Tigers’ win was a terrible result for football.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...l/news-story/5166b7f6b6cd5b0675316dd4bf4f3f24

(I think the author of this piece has been on the Crowswagon for some time)
Watching the NRL gf today and yes it was great to see the storm strut their stuff- but was a terrible game. This article reads as a crers fan who has had a dummy spit 'we were top, best team by far why didn't the other team just let us be great and terrific'.

Channel 7 news, "The Crows loss is devastating for the whole state." Really? I reckon it's the best thing that's happened in an otherwise forgettable year.

It's going to be so funny when Lever delivers the slam dunk this week and announces he's leaving. As late as Grand Final week Rowey and Bickley were holding out hope he'd stay in the unlikely event they lost due to unfinished business. Nah, he's done. Cameron next, then Sloane.

It's going to be so funny when Lever delivers the slam dunk this week and announces he's leaving. As late as Grand Final week Rowey and Bickley were holding out hope he'd stay in the unlikely event they lost due to unfinished business. Nah, he's done. Cameron next, then Sloane.
And the mood seems to be that they only have to put a few small pieces in place for 2018, and another grand final is a mere formality. No Brodie Smith for most of the year, plus Lever jumping ship - I reckon there's no guarantees.

And the mood seems to be that they only have to put a few small pieces in place for 2018, and another grand final is a mere formality. No Brodie Smith for most of the year, plus Lever jumping ship - I reckon there's no guarantees.

There's never any guarantees. But they will be thereabouts again.

Pyke said that there were certain elements of Richmond's game - particularly their defensive actions all over the ground - that he thought other sides would probably incorporate into their games but that he wouldn't be able to because of the players that he had on his list. He said that a few other sides played that way as well.

There is no 'addressing the issues' for Adelaide. Richmond vs Adelaide was new, fluid formation football based on team defence and pressure vs old, stoic structure football based on offence - and new football pulled down old football's pants.

Pyke knows that they've completely ****ed up because everyone else will be emulating Richmond now, which is the very antithesis of what Adelaide needs in order to be successful.

Channel 7 news, "The Crows loss is devastating for the whole state." Really? I reckon it's the best thing that's happened in an otherwise forgettable year.
I get fed up with these assumptions that just because I live here I must want the crows to win, be shattered when they lose, and love Eddie *ing Betts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke said that there were certain elements of Richmond's game - particularly their defensive actions all over the ground - that he thought other sides would probably incorporate into their games but that he wouldn't be able to because of the players that he had on his list. He said that a few other sides played that way as well.

There is no 'addressing the issues' for Adelaide. Richmond vs Adelaide was new, fluid formation football based on team defence and pressure vs old, stoic structure football based on offence - and new football pulled down old football's pants.

Pyke knows that they've completely ****** up because everyone else will be emulating Richmond now, which is the very antithesis of what Adelaide needs in order to be successful.

All this, on return-for-"effort" curves that aren't as neatly bell shaped as your eternal optimism implies.

Be slightly under intense at contest, or overcommit as we often get sucked into - dark side of Hinkley's 'effort', something our players seem subconsciously coached into doing when it gets tough - and you get shrugged off by "the physicals" Geelong or Sydney or overlapped by Adelaide's "Crowbot spread".

The single thing Richmond did that impressed me and frightened me and seemed the most different to what we dished up, was to always have someone back, out of the contest, for "Joe", and to be closer to move at "the spreaders". They also were not afraid to slow down going into attack even after being two goal down and after several bad misses. Two entirely different types of discipline, of composure, in such times. Great stuff.

Go man on man with a backline biased to mobility more than man on man and it'll go pear shaped real quick if you're beaten *just enough* in the middle and the opposition get *just enough* decent entries.

Go with the mosquito fleet you need up forward for uber "forward pressure" but fail to teach 'basic' classic forward opportunist and finishing skills, or, perhaps worse, just plain mistake athletic qualities and agility for a football brain or keep trying to make someone something they can't or don't want to be - draft the less "teachable", or continually bash the "square pegs" until the edges crack - and you're condemned to wear yourself and your long suffering supporters out, forward entry after forward entry.

Condemning Adelaide's future on the assumption that their less known draftees are **** stinks of hubris and disrespect. Smith for Mackay, McGovern for Otten, a vanilla 'mobile enough' 2nd tall for Lever, even Jack W, and *any* sufficiently diverting mobile enough tall at all for Jenkins and their 22 is a lot more ready to being able to do some "plan B", yet "plan A" as it is still gets them top six most years. Yes Jenkins is a Lobbe-esque anchor on their celery cap. But that sentence is its own riposte.

With FA and trading every club can "aspire", but it still took Dimma to drop the ego and open up, plus an early KPF crisis that caused him to re-invent, in bloody season, to a game plan we've allegedly been wanting to play for 2-3 years. Can Ken do this for our group in one pre-season? Will they "learn", if his core message and his 'person' remain the same? Was not joking when I said some of Dusty's sideways moves reminded me painfully of Impey, but after three years I don't know which of Ken or Impey it tells me more about.

If anything, the "edge" of your "modern" football gives everyone hope... as it's a bloody sharp edge. Unless rules are changed, finals will become "I must break you" contests until someone breaks and there is Blowout... or until one side breaks itself :/

Next year sides will "commit to the contest" Russian Roulette style and get utterly smashed if they don't do it intelligently. I hope we've learned something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this, on return-for-"effort" curves that aren't as neatly bell shaped as your eternal optimism implies.

Be slightly under intense at contest, or overcommit as we often get sucked into - dark side of Hinkley's 'effort', something our players seem subconsciously coached into doing when it gets tough - and you get shrugged off by "the physicals" Geelong or Sydney or overlapped by Adelaide's "Crowbot spread".

The single thing Richmond did that impressed me and frightened me and seemed the most different to what we dished up, was to always have someone back, out of the contest, for "Joe", and to be closer to move at "the spreaders". They also were not afraid to slow down going into attack even after being two goal down and after several bad misses. Two entirely different types of discipline, of composure, in such times. Great stuff.

Go man on man with a backline biased to mobility more than man on man and it'll go pear shaped real quick if you're beaten *just enough* in the middle and the opposition get *just enough* decent entries.

Go with the mosquito fleet you need up forward for uber "forward pressure" but fail to teach 'basic' classic forward opportunist and finishing skills, or, perhaps worse, just plain mistake athletic qualities and agility for a football brain or keep trying to make someone something they can't or don't want to be - draft the less "teachable", or continually bash the "square pegs" until the edges crack - and you're condemned to wear yourself and your long suffering supporters out, forward entry after forward entry.

Condemning Adelaide's future on the assumption that their less known draftees are **** stinks of hubris and disrespect. Smith for Mackay, McGovern for Otten, a vanilla 'mobile enough' 2nd tall for Lever, even Jack W, and *any* sufficiently diverting mobile enough tall at all for Jenkins and their 22 is a lot more ready to being able to do some "plan B", yet "plan A" as it is still gets them top six most years. Yes Jenkins is a Lobbe-esque anchor on their celery cap. But that sentence is its own riposte.

With FA and trading every club can "aspire", but it still took Dimma to drop the ego and open up, plus an early KPF crisis that caused him to re-invent, in bloody season, to a game plan we've allegedly been wanting to play for 2-3 years. Can Ken do this for our group in one pre-season? Will they "learn", if his core message and his 'person' remain the same? Was not joking when I said some of Dusty's sideways moves reminded me painfully of Impey, but after three years I don't know which of Ken or Impey it tells me more about.

If anything, the "edge" of your "modern" football gives everyone hope... as it's a bloody sharp edge. Unless rules are changed, finals will become "I must break you" contests until someone breaks and there is Blowout... or until one side breaks itself :/

Next year sides will "commit to the contest" Russian Roulette style and get utterly smashed if they don't do it intelligently. I hope we've learned something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course. It's why it's important to trust in your teammates and trust in the role. There were countless times when Richmond players sweated off Adelaide players and allowed the system to do to the work and generate the pressure rather than try to do it themselves by going in helter-skelter. Which I've always said was the problem with us - trust in the system.

And it's not disrespect to condemn Adelaide's future. They just don't have the cattle to play the required style. Let's put it this way - by the time Smith comes back in 2019 and they train up a replacement for Lever (who in spite of what people on this esteemed board might think is a vital cog in their defence as a point of difference to the likes of Talia and Hartigan), Adelaide's list profile will look incredibly different.

Smith might be able to replace MacKay (I'm not sure if he has the endurance to do that since MacKay plays a lot like Boak does), but let's go with that. Who is going to replace a 32 year old Betts? A 31 year old Jacobs? A 30 year old Walker who is already looking like a dinosaur and slowing down? Jenkins? Lynch?

I'm not saying they won't win a lot of games. But so did Fremantle the year after they played Hawthorn in the GF, and they never made it there again. It's their style that is the problem. If they could play like they did in the first six weeks in the GF, they would have won the flag in a canter. But they couldn't. And why?

I told them - unsustainable.

Bloody pissant media troglodytes like Smithson are now staking out footballers houses. God I cant stand media. It seems like such a nothing job in Adelaide in this digital age.
View attachment 423106

It's all about deflecting the attention away from their humiliating loss to Ninthmond while they were the favorite to win it and talked them selves up for the past few years, this year especially.
It's all sweep it under the rug time and get back to flinging s**t at Port. They are desperate now, because they thought they'd be talking about the premiership and doing a weekly segment on every player from sunday till the round 1 2018.

Lol 5AA sports show panel saying Jenkins should have tagged Rance. When we did that with Trengove, Hinkley was called an idiot.

Now Lever is only a good third defender.

Lol 5AA sports show panel saying Jenkins should have tagged Rance. When we did that with Trengove, Hinkley was called an idiot.

Looks like Saturday wasn't a complete loss for them then.

They appear to have inherited Richmonds fabled "eat our own" attitude.

...That Adelaide is demanding 2 first rounders for :rolleyes:

Was their best player on Saturday and he's GAWN to play with MAX. I'll get my coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back