Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the media left Hogan alone do you think the club would have moved him on.

Yes I do.

I think it's too easy to blame the media. I don't think we have been great over the journey in media management but I don't see the main reason for the Hogan situation being the media.

If the media left Hogan alone do you think the club would have moved him on.

Probably.

The media jumped on board, but Hogan brought a lot of problems on himself here. Off-field behavior and failure to perform to the standard we'd have expected when we traded for him. We're not the victims of the media here.

Bending to their will on the Bennells and Hogans, Dumping Ross and Rosich. We seemingly have someone leaking info straight to the media nowadays.

Its all very played out by the media.

I just think that now that Bell has done the rearranging and brought in new coaches, nows the time to bring someone in with a backbone that will back the group that we have. Worried that Bell won't know how to do this part of the role, he doesn't really seem qualified.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Bell has done everything wrong, I'm just saying now is maybe the time to bring in someone new and just consolidate what we have without any media interference.

I understand some of what you're saying but what should we have done with Bennell? Should we have kept Ross and Rosich?

I understand some of what you're saying but what should we have done with Bennell? Should we have kept Ross and Rosich?
I mean whats done is done, no point commenting on that now but I just don't like how everything at our club is played out by the media.

I think we have a great foundation to start something fresh and now that Bell has done the clearout job it would be a great time to move on and let someone take over the reigns. I guess another point to add is that Bell is coming from the 6pr/7west area, there just seems to be so much linking the media and Bell that it would be naive of me to assume that its had no effect.

I understand it's probably going to be a controversial opinion on here but yeah just my thoughts.

I mean whats done is done, no point commenting on that now but I just don't like how everything at our club is played out by the media.

I think we have a great foundation to start something fresh and now that Bell has done the clearout job it would be a great time to move on and let someone take over the reigns. I guess another point to add is that Bell is coming from the 6pr/7west area, there just seems to be so much linking the media and Bell that it would be naive of me to assume that its had no effect.

I understand it's probably going to be a controversial opinion on here but yeah just my thoughts.
I said before that Bells a Quisling; if he isn't he must be the dumbest head of Football in the league.

Bell won't go, he likes the power too much.
He's like another small Korean fella!!

Which small Korean fella? The evil North Korean dictator who kills his people by starving them?

Bell is half American/South Korean but is Australian.

You could’ve said Trump (he is a crazy world leader who like power) cause he’s American just like Bell but for some reason you chose the Korean dictator for some reason.

I don’t understand the joke, could you explain it more please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate i was talking about Psy!!

Park Jae-sang, known professionally as Psy, is a South Korean singer, rapper, songwriter, and record producer. Psy is known domestically for his humorous videos and stage performances, and internationally for his hit single "Gangnam Style"

And this is an internet forum, I don't have to explain anything!!

Mate i was talking about Psy!!

Park Jae-sang, known professionally as Psy, is a South Korean singer, rapper, songwriter, and record producer. Psy is known domestically for his humorous videos and stage performances, and internationally for his hit single "Gangnam Style"

And this is an internet forum, I don't have to explain anything!!

That’s right. No balls to back up your racism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bending to their will on the Bennells and Hogans, Dumping Ross and Rosich. We seemingly have someone leaking info straight to the media nowadays.

Its all very played out by the media.

I just think that now that Bell has done the rearranging and brought in new coaches, nows the time to bring someone in with a backbone that will back the group that we have. Worried that Bell won't know how to do this part of the role, he doesn't really seem qualified.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Bell has done everything wrong, I'm just saying now is maybe the time to bring in someone new and just consolidate what we have without any media interference.
Are you seriously suggesting that after 2 games in 3.5 years the only reason we delisted Bennell was because of media controversy?

That’s right. No balls to back up your racism.

You are assuming things that may be completely wrong, but good luck!
I don't care what you think, and I do think that Bell loves the Power.
So far, he hasn't really covered himself in glory.
There is my explaining, if you don't like it be very free to IGNORE

I think the media influence in relation to this decision is being overplayed here. Surely the easiest decision would have been to make no decision and let Jesse play out his contract to see what happens. This is the more ballsy decision imo, same as moving Dardy on was.

The most intense and sustained media pressure I've ever seen directed at the club was the hunt for Lyon's head after the Xmas party comments came to light. The club didn't even flinch (unlike many a poster here - hopefully not the same ones now accusing the club of being weak in the face of the media).

I think the media influence in relation to this decision is being overplayed here. Surely the easiest decision would have been to make no decision and let Jesse play out his contract to see what happens. This is the more ballsy decision imo, same as moving Dardy on was.

The most intense and sustained media pressure I've ever seen directed at the club was the hunt for Lyon's head after the Xmas party comments came to light. The club didn't even flinch (unlike many a poster here - hopefully not the same ones now accusing the club of being weak in the face of the media).

Doesn't matter what the reasons are it's another stuff up in a long line of stuff ups.

Doesn't matter what the reasons are it's another stuff up in a long line of stuff ups.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the decision. I still had high hopes of Jesse coming good but I can understand the POV of not throwing good money after bad if the club now believes the initial recruitment was a mistake. And I can accept they're better placed than me to judge whether it was a mistake considering it's off-field stuff we don't see that's largely informing the decision.

But regardless, I don't think this is some cowardly kowtowing to the media, on the contrary I'm inclined to think it's more likely JLo making a hard call to put his imprint on the team.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the decision. I still had high hopes of Jesse coming good but I can understand the POV of not throwing good money after bad if the club now believes the initial recruitment was a mistake. And I can accept they're better placed than me to judge whether it was a mistake considering it's off-field stuff we don't see that's largely informing the decision.

But regardless, I don't think this is some cowardly kowtowing to the media, on the contrary I'm inclined to think it's more likely JLo making a hard call to put his imprint on the team.
Agreed, I dont think its weakness or bowing to the media pressure, which, if I'm honest, probably could have been worse given Hogan's history. Think Bell/JL are trying to make a stand / put a stamp on the team, I'm undecided if this is a net win.

I'm disappointed because
a) We clearly have absolutely no idea how to get anything out of elite, wayward talent. The good clubs can do this.
b) I dont think our forward line is good enough to win a flag without having Hogan haved lived up to potential
c) I dont know, maybe I'm soft but his media statement is pretty remarkable really, apologising for not having lived up to the hype - makes me a bit sad tbh, honestly just wanted to give the guy a hug. He's clearly an intellectually switched on dude who struggles with mainly the off-field aspect of modern footy because he's still one of the fittest on the team, despite his history. I've read all sorts of things about him of late (some not from the media) and putting it together with the tone of his press release, I see a massive introvert who is a bit different from most and doesnt do well in the spotlight.

In the end, I/we dont have even 50% of the full story, so its not fair to cast blame really but the story doesnt read too well at the moment, IMO.

I truly wish Jesse the best in the rest of this career, even if its going to hurt a lot on our end

Agreed, I dont think its weakness or bowing to the media pressure, which, if I'm honest, probably could have been worse given Hogan's history. Think Bell/JL are trying to make a stand / put a stamp on the team, I'm undecided if this is a net win.

I'm disappointed because
a) We clearly have absolutely no idea how to get anything out of elite, wayward talent. The good clubs can do this.
b) I dont think our forward line is good enough to win a flag without having Hogan haved lived up to potential
c) I dont know, maybe I'm soft but his media statement is pretty remarkable really, apologising for not having lived up to the hype - makes me a bit sad tbh, honestly just wanted to give the guy a hug. He's clearly an intellectually switched on dude who struggles with mainly the off-field aspect of modern footy because he's still one of the fittest on the team, despite his history. I've read all sorts of things about him of late (some not from the media) and putting it together with the tone of his press release, I see a massive introvert who is a bit different from most and doesnt do well in the spotlight.

In the end, I/we dont have even 50% of the full story, so its not fair to cast blame really but the story doesnt read too well at the moment, IMO.

I truly wish Jesse the best in the rest of this career, even if its going to hurt a lot on our end

a) You can't lump people in a group with that small of a sample and expect to take anything meaningful from it. To be able to make this claim you would have to know the issues of these players you are comparing and show it was our actions that caused the failure. Clearly you haven't done that (nor could you).

If we had 100 examples from a few clubs then maybe, but we are talking a handful of players.

b) Tabs and Lobb with the right support around them is definitely enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back