Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think Vlahos and Hagdorn are old mates - back in the late 80's they were broadcasting football together on 6NR - looks like Hagdorn follows wherever Vlahos goes.

They might pull some of that 6pr audience over to 91.3 but Is that what the current listeners of 91.3 want? Wouldn't think so.

Just tuning in to a little bit of one of their breakfast podcast interviews it seems like Hagdorn joins Clark and Landsmeer at breakfast.

Last edited:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Really used to enjoy Chris Klifunis (sp?) and Dunny Clark in the mornings. Will now need to go elsewhere.

Vlahos in the arvo is annoying, but the Hack is a bridge WAY too far.

Sayonara Sport FM :(

I actually dislike Vlahos on par with Haggers. Vlahos appears to have no talent, still stumbles over his words after 30 years on radio, does not listen to the person he is interviewing (asks a question about something that has just been answered) and has his head firmly up the arse of WC. Have never listened to Sports FM and thanks to this warning, never will.

Can we go back to 6PR now, or does Ginger still rule the sports?

I actually dislike Vlahos on par with Haggers. Vlahos appears to have no talent, still stumbles over his words after 30 years on radio, does not listen to the person he is interviewing (asks a question about something that has just been answered) and has his head firmly up the arse of WC. Have never listened to Sports FM and thanks to this warning, never will.

Can we go back to 6PR now, or does Ginger still rule the sports?
I am gifted at many things, and sports knowledge is right in my sweet spot...

OK guys and gals - the onus is on us :)

Hi Miguel, thanks for your email mate. I hope you reconsider your decision over time and give Kim a chance to prove himself on a new platform.

I will forward your email to management regarding your displeasure with this staff decision that has been made. I suggest if you or anyone else has a formal complaint to about anything Sport FM related to email to info@sportfm.com.au or CMpromotions@bigpond.com.

Regards

Jacob

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Really used to enjoy Chris Klifunis (sp?) and Dunny Clark in the mornings. Will now need to go elsewhere.

Vlahos in the arvo is annoying, but the Hack is a bridge WAY too far.

Sayonara Sport FM :(

Yeah, even if they were a bit rough around the edges sometimes they were a genuine alternative.

Now they are just a garbage 6PR clone.

Not a bad write up.Tells the informed reader nothing they didn’t know tho.
Annnnnnd there’s no way Brennan cox , griff Logue and Sam Sturt aren’t b22 (when fit) with Conca likely aswell
Sturt definitely, think there are arguments I’d accept for the other 2, it’s a pretty stacked backline when all fit, tough 7ish to break into.

Sturt honestly is going to be so important to our forwardline, I can see him kicking 30-35 goals next year if heplays most of the year, as well as setting up another 1 or two each game. The lack of updated info coming out on him since Christmas has me very very worried

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sturt definitely, think there are arguments I’d accept for the other 2, it’s a pretty stacked backline when all fit, tough 7ish to break into.

Sturt honestly is going to be so important to our forwardline, I can see him kicking 30-35 goals next year if heplays most of the year, as well as setting up another 1 or two each game. The lack of updated info coming out on him since Christmas has me very very worried
Yeah granted griff and cox you could argue aren’t automatic but fit and firing I just can’t see how they wouldn’t be.
especially considering their long term value to us.
They need games.

Tho in this scenario I’m projecting cox going back forward ( I just don’t think lobb can be relied upon as our sole second target , especially as he has to ruck)

totally agree everything on Sturt.
Dude will be an absolute star ,as long as he can stay fit 🤞

Still in rehab and slow recovery post surgery. Would expect a delayed start. From memory they tried the non-surgical route first which didn’t work and then had late season surgery.

As someone pointed out the other day in a training vidy he has put on a bit more size. Really promising player and a good medium forward. I get the impression J-Lo is a big fan, so when up and running he will be beat 22.

Logue is absolutely best 22. He was epic in the games he played last year and he's not even close to how good he's going to be.
Players with his athletic profile can bully the game and I think he laid to rest any doubts around his footy smarts last year.
I think if he can stay on the park he's going to go down as one of our best "roughy" first round selections, ditto Sturt.

Logue is absolutely best 22. He was epic in the games he played last year and he's not even close to how good he's going to be.
Players with his athletic profile can bully the game and I think he laid to rest any doubts around his footy smarts last year.
I think if he can stay on the park he's going to go down as one of our best "roughy" first round selections, ditto Sturt.

you raise a great and original point bigger

AFL 2021: Fremantle Dockers are still deciding how to juggle Sean Darcy and Rory Lobb in the ruck
Headshot of Braden Quartermaine

Braden QuartermaineThe West Australian

Fremantle ruckman Sean Darcy says he’s fitter than ever as he prepares for a return to 20-minute quarters this season.

Darcy said the Dockers were yet to decide how to split ruck time between he and Rory Lobb this year.

It shapes as a key tactical issue for coach Justin Longmuir, with Lobb underwhelming when stationed mainly in attack last year but likely to again be required as a tall target given the lack of key forward options.

Darcy said the pair were in discussions with Longmuir and ruck coach Aaron Sandilands about the club’s ruck strategy.
“I’m keen to play forward as well as play ruck. So me and Rory, we’re in talks with Aaron and JL,” he said.
“We’ll see how the pre-season goes. But I always love playing ruck. I love being in the middle and going as much as I can.
“Rory’s a really good long-distance (athlete), he can jump really high. And I like to use my strength a little bit more. So I feel like we work well together as a pair and it’s good for us against the opposition.”
Fremantle Dockers [PLAYERCARD]Sean Darcy[/PLAYERCARD] hopes to spend more time forward in 2021.
Fremantle Dockers Sean Darcy hopes to spend more time forward in 2021. Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian
Darcy, 22, made an instant impact on the AFL scene with his big body and tap nous, but has strived to become more mobile to boost his influence around the ground.
He said he had made significant gains during a so-far uninterrupted summer.
“I feel like I’m covering the ground a lot better. I’m not as tired in training. I’m thinking a lot more clearly, making the right decisions,” Darcy said.
“My approach has just been to get as fit as possible. Make sure I’m healthy, make sure I’m out training every training session.
“I’ve had a lot of pre-seasons where I’ve come back fit and then I break down in January and I’m out for about eight weeks, which really affects you during the year.”
Darcy described the current pre-season as the toughest he had done and said skipper Nat Fyfe’s return to training this month had driven the players to a new level.
Intense competition for spots leading into round one had also placed importance on every session.
“I think this is probably the most intense pre-season while I’ve been here, in terms of drills, tackling and going at each other fully,” he said.
“We’re trying really hard to go at each other, because that’s how we’re going to improve.
“I feel like we’ve gone up another gear and that’s probably from Fyfey. Fyfey’s come back in really good shape, he’s leading the way. He’s been really intense.”

AFL 2021: Fremantle Dockers are still deciding how to juggle Sean Darcy and Rory Lobb in the ruck
Headshot of Braden Quartermaine

Braden QuartermaineThe West Australian

Fremantle ruckman Sean Darcy says he’s fitter than ever as he prepares for a return to 20-minute quarters this season.

Darcy said the Dockers were yet to decide how to split ruck time between he and Rory Lobb this year.

It shapes as a key tactical issue for coach Justin Longmuir, with Lobb underwhelming when stationed mainly in attack last year but likely to again be required as a tall target given the lack of key forward options.

Darcy said the pair were in discussions with Longmuir and ruck coach Aaron Sandilands about the club’s ruck strategy.
“I’m keen to play forward as well as play ruck. So me and Rory, we’re in talks with Aaron and JL,” he said.
“We’ll see how the pre-season goes. But I always love playing ruck. I love being in the middle and going as much as I can.
“Rory’s a really good long-distance (athlete), he can jump really high. And I like to use my strength a little bit more. So I feel like we work well together as a pair and it’s good for us against the opposition.”
Fremantle Dockers Sean Darcy hopes to spend more time forward in 2021.
Fremantle Dockers Sean Darcy hopes to spend more time forward in 2021. Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian
Darcy, 22, made an instant impact on the AFL scene with his big body and tap nous, but has strived to become more mobile to boost his influence around the ground.
He said he had made significant gains during a so-far uninterrupted summer.
“I feel like I’m covering the ground a lot better. I’m not as tired in training. I’m thinking a lot more clearly, making the right decisions,” Darcy said.
“My approach has just been to get as fit as possible. Make sure I’m healthy, make sure I’m out training every training session.
“I’ve had a lot of pre-seasons where I’ve come back fit and then I break down in January and I’m out for about eight weeks, which really affects you during the year.”
Darcy described the current pre-season as the toughest he had done and said skipper Nat Fyfe’s return to training this month had driven the players to a new level.
Intense competition for spots leading into round one had also placed importance on every session.
“I think this is probably the most intense pre-season while I’ve been here, in terms of drills, tackling and going at each other fully,” he said.
“We’re trying really hard to go at each other, because that’s how we’re going to improve.
“I feel like we’ve gone up another gear and that’s probably from Fyfey. Fyfey’s come back in really good shape, he’s leading the way. He’s been really intense.”

Be nice to see how Lloyd Meek goes. Maybe a better ruck than Lobb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back