Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be nice to see how Lloyd Meek goes. Maybe a better ruck than Lobb.
I just did a quick check before I made a fool of myself, and it's lucky I did! I would have bet anything that Darcy was taller than Meek, but they are remarkably similar in height and weight.

Am really looking forward to see what Lloyd can do this season. He's another young, unexplored talent that could seriously improve our fortunes if he turns out to be an AFL quality ruckman.

He's actually a touch older than Sean Darcy

A snippet from the reply I got from SportFM.

Thank you for your email, even though very disappointing , everyone is entitled to their opinion and we appreciate your comments. I would like to say, that the praise we have had for adding Kim and Peter to our staff at the station, outweighs the emails such as yours .we are very happy with the comments in general.

Kim Hagdorn is a well known award winning Journalist, who works hard on getting the big stories, if you were a journalist you would appreciate just how hard this can be; Some people do not like what they hear, but we can’t please everyone can we? A good jouurnalist reports facts not fiction, and most of Kims stories are fact.

Thank you for your email, even though very disappointing , everyone is entitled to their opinion and we appreciate your comments. I would like to say, that the praise we have had for adding Kim and Peter to our staff at the station, outweighs the emails such as yours .we are very happy with the comments in general.

Kim Hagdorn is a well known award winning Journalist, who works hard on getting the big stories, if you were a journalist you would appreciate just how hard this can be; Some people do not like what they hear, but we can’t please everyone can we? A good jouurnalist reports facts not fiction, and most of Kims stories are fact.

That's actually a startlingly unprofessional response. He's gonna fit in well

Was this a copy and paste? Because if it is they need to teach the intern how to use a spell checker.

Not an ounce of that is true, this is really embarrassing for their station

I would like to say, that the praise we have had for adding Kim and Peter to our staff at the station, outweighs the emails such as yours.
I am going to call massive BS!!! on this statement.

Only way that could be true is if Kim spent a whole day setting up fake email accounts and sending in praise. Hmmm... yeah that does sound like something he would do.

RIP SportsFM.

Yeah, I just had an email from Colin Minson along the same lines. He actually said that Vlahos and Hagdorn have brought across some advertising revenue and obviously this is important to the station. He may be right in his statement about the praise they have received, because I know Eagles supporters who love Hagdorn because he bashes Fremantle!

It's a shame. I actually enjoyed being able to turn on a sports radio station and not have to listen to the snide barbs from the likes of Hagdorn, but the reality is I just won't listen to them any more. I'm sure that won't make one iota of difference to them, but it certainly will to my sanity :)

Note the key word "most" bahaha.

AFL 2021: Fremantle Dockers are still deciding how to juggle Sean Darcy and Rory Lobb in the ruck
Headshot of Braden Quartermaine

Braden QuartermaineThe West Australian

Fremantle ruckman Sean Darcy says he’s fitter than ever as he prepares for a return to 20-minute quarters this season.

Darcy said the Dockers were yet to decide how to split ruck time between he and Rory Lobb this year.

It shapes as a key tactical issue for coach Justin Longmuir, with Lobb underwhelming when stationed mainly in attack last year but likely to again be required as a tall target given the lack of key forward options.

Darcy said the pair were in discussions with Longmuir and ruck coach Aaron Sandilands about the club’s ruck strategy.
“I’m keen to play forward as well as play ruck. So me and Rory, we’re in talks with Aaron and JL,” he said.
“We’ll see how the pre-season goes. But I always love playing ruck. I love being in the middle and going as much as I can.
“Rory’s a really good long-distance (athlete), he can jump really high. And I like to use my strength a little bit more. So I feel like we work well together as a pair and it’s good for us against the opposition.”
Fremantle Dockers Sean Darcy hopes to spend more time forward in 2021.
Fremantle Dockers Sean Darcy hopes to spend more time forward in 2021. Credit: Daniel Wilkins/The West Australian
Darcy, 22, made an instant impact on the AFL scene with his big body and tap nous, but has strived to become more mobile to boost his influence around the ground.
He said he had made significant gains during a so-far uninterrupted summer.
“I feel like I’m covering the ground a lot better. I’m not as tired in training. I’m thinking a lot more clearly, making the right decisions,” Darcy said.
“My approach has just been to get as fit as possible. Make sure I’m healthy, make sure I’m out training every training session.
“I’ve had a lot of pre-seasons where I’ve come back fit and then I break down in January and I’m out for about eight weeks, which really affects you during the year.”
Darcy described the current pre-season as the toughest he had done and said skipper Nat Fyfe’s return to training this month had driven the players to a new level.
Intense competition for spots leading into round one had also placed importance on every session.
“I think this is probably the most intense pre-season while I’ve been here, in terms of drills, tackling and going at each other fully,” he said.
“We’re trying really hard to go at each other, because that’s how we’re going to improve.
“I feel like we’ve gone up another gear and that’s probably from Fyfey. Fyfey’s come back in really good shape, he’s leading the way. He’s been really intense.”
Darcy looks to have trimmed any puppy fat he had remaining. What a specimen! HOLD THE DOOR!!!!!!

A good journo also proof reads before sending/publishing anything

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I just had an email from Colin Minson along the same lines. He actually said that Vlahos and Hagdorn have brought across some advertising revenue and obviously this is important to the station. He may be right in his statement about the praise they have received, because I know Eagles supporters who love Hagdorn because he bashes Fremantle!

It's a shame. I actually enjoyed being able to turn on a sports radio station and not have to listen to the snide barbs from the likes of Hagdorn, but the reality is I just won't listen to them any more. I'm sure that won't make one iota of difference to them, but it certainly will to my sanity :)
Most Freo AND West Coast fans I know think he's an absolute muppet.

Yes, but there are West Coast fans who just love listening to the 6PR muppets bagging Freo out. Probably the same ones who go to Dockers games just to barrack for the other team
Don't get me wrong a lot of the eagles supporters I know think it's a bit if a joke how much he bashes Freo but almost all of them will also think his opinion carries zero credibility or weight. No one I know actually actively listens to him on purpose.

The definition of muppet is an incompetent or foolish person. I'd still say most eagles fans I know think that discribes his opinions and him as a journalist perfectly.

Last edited:

Exactly how I feel. Over to RTR now. TripleJ sounds so s**t since I used to listen religiously. We need another 24/7 sports station to provide some competition.

At the end of the day 91.3 is a low budget radio station with a very small audience. The only time I really tune into that station is to listen to live State (Shield) Cricket. These radio sports journalists like Hagdorn and Vlahos have minimal cred and are being pushed ever so closely into the ole retirement paddock.

I can’t stand Basil but the couple of times I jumped in the car late last year just before 8am and caught Hagdorn’s stupid 5 min segment you could really hear Basil and Milsy’s cynicism. He had become an embarrassment.

I too will be removing this radio station from my vehicle radio options.

At about 8.55am this morning someone called up 91.3fm. Sounded like a loyal listener as he listed all the breakfast show hosts since the inception of the station. He then went on to oppose the thoughts espoused by Hagdorn re: Australia Day and BBL and then was going into a spiel about the worst move 91.3 has made was hiring "the interrupter" (Hagdorn) and that he wouldn't be listening any further. The caller sounded like he was going to say a couple of other things, but was cut off - jeez I laughed. Hope crumpets cops more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back