Preview The month of pain - For our opposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Well like last year the opinions of bigfooty sycophants had no effect on how the Crows played, and this year it will again have no effect.

Clearly you don't know what a sycophant is.

And clearly your posting swings from extreme negativity at the smallest set back to extreme optimism after a win that really we should have got anyway if we are any sort of team on the up....

Well first off Correlation does not equal causation, which is especially obvious in the case of posts on a football forum, secondly there is no such bloody thing as karma, bad or otherwise. There also is no Santa, or tooth fairy, sorry to break it to you. This environment we are posting in, it has no effect on the way the Crows play, we are not the Crows, we are just people who talk about them on the internet, we are not the club, some of us are just people who pay money to go watch them. There is no connection between our opinions on future game performance here and how the team actually performs. The Crows will either win or lose the next 4 games, I think they will win, but what I think has no effect on whether they lose or not, me posting saying they are going to win, even if I say they will win by 500 points will not cause the Crows to lose or effect their performance. The Crows will win because they play well and execute the plan set by the coaches better than the opposition, and they will lose if they do not play well and do not execute the coaches plan better than the opposition. It is really quite simple and really to suggest that "cockiness" or posting on here has some magical effect on the world is actually pretty damn cocky in itself.

The ladder is irrelevant, what is relevant is the Crows current form, which over the last 3 weeks has been improving as a team and individually with certain players. You can only beat who you play, we just lost to the Hawks, we got beaten by a red hot drugged up Essendon, we lost a 50/50 against Port and we lost a game when our highest goal kicker had a season ending injury.

Additionally I will post whatever i bloody well like, and this isn't recognition, this is a prediction. You're allowed to have a prediction too, but as i mentioned previously, neither my prediction, your prediction or the predictions of the collective bigfooty sycophant squad have any effect on how the team actually performs or how season progresses, or the events of the world, if you think otherwise I'm sure you enjoy your copy of "The Secret" on DVD.

When the supporter base and media get cocky it is a fair chance that this rubs off on the players. The coach will be doing his best to take it one match at a time. Fans should really not get ahead of themselves as it does have an impact. Talkback radio, Rucci reading up here for his next story, etc etc, it all sets a tone.

We should expect great footy from the boys and be hopefully realistic about results. eg North Melbourne will not be a push over. We "should" win but it is likely to be a very though game.

When the supporter base and media get cocky it is a fair chance that this rubs off on the players. The coach will be doing his best to take it one match at a time. Fans should really not get ahead of themselves as it does have an impact. Talkback radio, Rucci reading up here for his next story, etc etc, it all sets a tone.

We should expect great footy from the boys and be hopefully realistic about results. eg North Melbourne will not be a push over. We "should" win but it is likely to be a very though game.

What possible basis would you have for saying we should beat North at Ethiad?

If we can't we have no business in the 8. If we are serious about building a solid side to contend with the likes of Hawthorn, Geelong and Collingwood we need to win these tough games.

Fair enough. I just think saying North won't be a push over is pretty patronising. They are a very good side who play that ground very well. Not sure when we last beat them there, but usually we don't get within a bulls roar , even last year when we were playing very well, they belted us there.

We were horrible tonight is the first half. We bring that next week the game will be gone by half time.

No... I'm quite certain they won't be a push over

Fair enough. I just think saying North won't be a push over is pretty patronising. They are a very good side who play that ground very well. Not sure when we last beat them there, but usually we don't get within a bulls roar , even last year when we were playing very well, they belted us there.

We were horrible tonight is the first half. We bring that next week the game will be gone by half time.

80% of the team had flu and we'd been "up" for quite a few weeks by then

But i agree, I think we'll drop this one. Harvey and Wells will find a way to tear us a new one. Find a way to stop those 2 and we're a shot to win

On current form, I'm actually most confident about beating the Swans out of all of these matches. They are not the same side as last year (neither are we but I'm just saying) I can't see us beating North under the roof or the Tigers at the G, the Dockers match at home is almost 50/50, maybe 40/60 in their favour. Should win at least one, maybe two. If we win more than two then we should finish in the bottom half of the 8.

I never said it would be easy. I said we should win and it will be a tough. I said North will not be a push over, ie they will fight tooth and nail for a win. If we don't show up to play then we will be smashed, but like I said, I am expecting good footy from the lads.

Clearly you don't know what a sycophant is.

And clearly your posting swings from extreme negativity at the smallest set back to extreme optimism after a win that really we should have got anyway if we are any sort of team on the up....

No, I know what sycophant means and I think it perfectly applies to the way a lot of people post on this forum.

On current form, I'm actually most confident about beating the Swans out of all of these matches. They are not the same side as last year (neither are we but I'm just saying) I can't see us beating North under the roof or the Tigers at the G, the Dockers match at home is almost 50/50, maybe 40/60 in their favour. Should win at least one, maybe two. If we win more than two then we should finish in the bottom half of the 8.

Yeah I think that's right . We need to pinch one of those 2 home games and the Richmond game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not the entire supporter base, we are a couple of hundred people on a footy forum.

80% of the team had flu and we'd been "up" for quite a few weeks by then

But i agree, I think we'll drop this one. Harvey and Wells will find a way to tear us a new one. Find a way to stop those 2 and we're a shot to win

Yes fair comment re flu . Tippett got concussed.

It's just a horror fixture for us, has been for a while.

We are not the entire supporter base, we are a couple of hundred people on a footy forum.

But people on footy forum ring up sports shows and read news papers and tweet to players........

If 1 in 200 fans in here get carried away, its a safe bet that a few more do to outside the forum..... and they call up sports shows and tweet players..... etc

North Melbourne - Away
Sydney - Home
Fremantle - Home
Richmond - Away
This really is a key month for us.

So far our wins have been against 4/5 bottom teams. We have lost to all teams above us we have played so far.

IMO, we need to win at least 3/4 to bust into the finals. 2/4 leaves us remaining middle of the pack & 1/4 or less basically will kill off our season.

All are about 50/50 games, so will give us a better indication of how we are travelling.

This really is a key month for us.

So far our wins have been against 4/5 bottom teams. We have lost to all teams above us we have played so far.

IMO, we need to win at least 3/4 to bust into the finals. 2/4 leaves us remaining middle of the pack & 1/4 or less basically will kill off our season.

All are about 50/50 games, so will give us a better indication of how we are travelling.

We are a game behind Richmond, a game and a half behind Sydney/Freo and a game ahead of North. I reckon 50/50 for all of them is spot on.

...We were horrible tonight is the first half. We bring that next week the game will be gone by half time.

We played a side that was determined to shut us down and nothing much else. Danger and Thommo were held in the 1st half, but broke free in the 2nd to some extent. The problem for sides trying to do what the Saints tried to do is that when you close a couple of our mids down, others rise. Both Sloane and Douglas played huge games and were equal BOG for mine. Plus our defence was awesome. Not a weak link back there and our mids ran both ways.
North plays an entirely different style of game and it should be more entertaining free-flowing footy next week. Not that I was disappointed at the ground this week. It was good to see our blokes blow the Saints away in the last half.
Interesting to see Kerridge play down back a bit. I wonder if that will be where he ends up.

What do you mean prove it.

What do you want... The betting odds, form guide, our record against them at the venue?

They will start favourites and rightly so. They have one less win but a horror draw. Have we ever beaten them at Ethiad... I can't remember a time we have done it.

Not sure about the odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back