Podcast The 'N' Word

Remove this Banner Ad

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember a time not so long ago (circa 05) when the club was struggling to stay afloat and things were looking grim, in those days the word "Norf" was despised by Roos fans on this forum. We felt it was derogatory towards the club and supporters, especially those who have trouble with their 'th' pronunciation. It was a way for opposition supporters to rile us up without punishment for a while until we eventually stood up and forced moderators to handout infractions to some posters for using the word on the main board.

Since we decided to stay in Melbourne in 07 the club has become stronger year on year, both on field and off field we have kicked goals and tonight we go into a game with a fan base as excited as any time when Carey roamed the forward 50.

One thing I have noticed on BigFooty, on closed North Melbourne Facebook groups and on other forms of social media is that as we have become stronger our supporters have begun using the 'N' Word much more frequently. Much like the African American community we have taken a derogatory term and are now using it as a term of endearment.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls as the national anthem hits its peak at 7:48pm tonight I urge all of you, even those who speak the Queen's English, forget everything you learned about your 'th' pronunciation, stand alongside me and scream it...

"CARN NORF"

I still ****ing hate it. There's nothing at all clever, witty or catchy about it.

All it does is make me recite a Shawshank Redemption quote back to the person: "(You think you're funny?) You're gonna look funnier sucking my dick with no teeth."

If we are happy to adopt the Shinboners motif, norf meh...

Yeah, still annoys me as well, nothing difficult about calling us North as we should be, and they're using the term to disrespect us. Up to us to earn that respect but lowers my estimation of someone calling us 'norf'.

tumblr_lrj92lfHvn1qehzhuo1_250.png

"They respected me for saying it."

When trawling opposition boards before/after games its always amusing reading the obviously mentally deficient posters resorting to using "Norf" when they refer to us.

Obviously can't think of anything more intelligent to sling our way, it's an easy way to pick out the deadshits on a board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When used by North supporters on our board in reference to how opposition posters refer to us elsewhere it's fine. In fact it's often referred to as a big "up yours" to said opposition simpletons.

Said opposition Mensa members however will never be granted license to use the derogatory term (which is how they intend it) on our board though. F*** 'em!

And it's probably no worse than using * or West Coke or Ninthmond or Geebung or Whorethorn or Dawks or Bullflogs or Carltank or LolDees or COLA Swans or Essenscum or Lolmantle or Poort or St Failda.

I could go on.

Hard to act holy when you are throwing stones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back