Opinion The NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With Porzingis missing exit meetings with Phil Jackson at the end of the season, in frustration about the teams player development and the media hysteria surrounding the team.

It would be interested to see who says no first in a Porzingis to Boston for pick one deal.

Boston don't need a point guard, having Thomas already. So Porzingis alongside Horford up front seems a most suitable roster fit.

New York need a point guard, and depending on their evaluation of Fultz or Ball and whether they think they can please Porzingis and have him sign on long term. Maybe they go for it.

Shows what a Joke that Knicks are. They have a Young Gun and he pretty much told them to Shove It

With Porzingis missing exit meetings with Phil Jackson at the end of the season, in frustration about the teams player development and the media hysteria surrounding the team.

It would be interested to see who says no first in a Porzingis to Boston for pick one deal.

Boston don't need a point guard, having Thomas already. So Porzingis alongside Horford up front seems a most suitable roster fit.

New York need a point guard, and depending on their evaluation of Fultz or Ball and whether they think they can please Porzingis and have him sign on long term. Maybe they go for it.

Would they go off trading pick #1 for KP if they're a chance at landing Hayward though?

Would they go off trading pick #1 for KP if they're a chance at landing Hayward though?

There isn't any overlap between Porzingis and Hayward.

It would mean they'd have:
Horford
Porzingis
Hayward
Bradley
Thomas
--6th man--
Jae Crowder
--Role players--
Amir Johnson
*may be able to trade some of their young pieces to either upgrade a starter or their bench

That would be a great balance in Boston's situation.

Porzingis likes being in New York. Boston isn't far away to relocate to, so it's not a bad move for him, going a team without all the negative media attention, with a great coach and better winning chances.

Sadly my celtics aren't ready for the big time just yet, still, I am very proud of what we have achieved, I don't even think as an organisation we thought we would be where we are at this point in time say 3-4 years ago, we are certainly tracking ahead of expectation.

The question I pose to the people who know a lot about basketball, what do we do. I am not sure if it is coincidence but games 3 and 4 against Cleveland without IT we have looked better surprisingly.

Do we draft Fultz and trade IT? He would have some good currency, I'm worried that could set us back a year or 2 though as IT has won a lot of games on his own basically for us! I guess it depends who we traded him for.

It's going to be very interesting that's for sure.

But yeah considering Cleveland have 3 all star players and for games 3 and 4 we have had 0 I think we are doing ok.

Sadly my celtics aren't ready for the big time just yet, still, I am very proud of what we have achieved, I don't even think as an organisation we thought we would be where we are at this point in time say 3-4 years ago, we are certainly tracking ahead of expectation.

The question I pose to the people who know a lot about basketball, what do we do. I am not sure if it is coincidence but games 3 and 4 against Cleveland without IT we have looked better surprisingly.

Do we draft Fultz and trade IT? He would have some good currency, I'm worried that could set us back a year or 2 though as IT has won a lot of games on his own basically for us! I guess it depends who we traded him for.

It's going to be very interesting that's for sure.

But yeah considering Cleveland have 3 all star players and for games 3 and 4 we have had 0 I think we are doing ok.

A trade of IT is certainly what Boston are looking at.

Boston look better without IT because LeBron doesn't have a ball dominant, high volume shooting point guard to shut down - which defensively in big games his favourite assignment because he can make it hard for them with his length and athleticism.

I tend to actually favour retaining IT and trading that pick one if it means Fultz = Porzingis. It would just depend on whether NYK deal on that.
Failing that trade, one or the other would have to move on and Boston could go either way, I think overall it would be about maximum value/seeking an objectively winning trade, to choose to deal either player.
A trade of IT though would see Boston fall significantly, he carries so much of the load offensively, there isn't anyone on the roster who can replace that. I wouldn't be shocked with the evenness of the East for Boston to miss the playoffs without him.

I was thinking Warriors in 6 also, but I'm increasingly thinking 5. Cavs simply aren't in their league.

No One in the NBA is on the Warriors Level.

They might as well Skipped the Season and Playoffs and Finals and just Given the Warriors the Trophy at start of the Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No One in the NBA is on the Warriors Level.

They might as well Skipped the Season and Playoffs and Finals and just Given the Warriors the Trophy at start of the Season

This GSW team on paper may be the greatest ever, and if they sweep or even win 4-1 would have claims.

I've always had the Bill Russell era Celtics as the greatest team, but with this GSW team with Durant may become historically better if they stay together for years to come and win several championships.

This GSW team on paper may be the greatest ever, and if they sweep or even win 4-1 would have claims.

I've always had the Bill Russell era Celtics as the greatest team, but with this GSW team with Durant may become historically better if they stay together for years to come and win several championships.

The NBA be Boring to Watch IF this GSW side stays together long term as they can be that Good

The NBA be Boring to Watch IF this GSW side stays together long term as they can be that Good

The dynamic is less boring as much as it is everyone everyone hating that great team and fighting to beat them.

It was the same with LeBron when he joined Miami. They had targets on their backs and everyone played to beat them.

Golden State are more talented with a genuine big four rather than the big three Miami had. But the response likely will be others will try to form superteams of sports with a view to matching Golden States star power in some way. If there are a few more overpowered teams, it makes for debate (topics such as greatest ever, can this team beat that team etc) and with it fan interest.

While politically I'm a lot about equality and evening the gap, reducing the power of the big guys etc. I don't dislike there being a those super teams in the NBA. It's an entertainment industry and seeing all those great players deep in the playoffs in the NBA environment seems to make for the most interesting dynamic with all the sports debate and greatest ever - player, team etc.

I said a Few Times but Hawks where no way as Dominant as this GSW side could be

I'd agree there.

If I think historically. Are the Clarkson era Hawks the greatest ever? I'm not convinced they're better than the Bomber Thompson/Chris Scott Geelong side. I'd actually give the Geelong side the edge if I'm to create a 2007-2016 team including the best talents from both sides. Is it even the best ever Hawks team/era? Were those 70s and 80s Hawks teams worse? I'm not convinced, those teams had serious star power.

GSW by contrast, it's really only the Bill Russell Celtics and MJ Bulls that really had near this kind of talent, and that's a long time ago.

I'm thinking warriors in 4, Durant ruined NBA
Seriously? The core of this GSW team has been formed through clever drafting and trading. Durant is just the icing on top of clever management. LeBron on the other hand, has had to move teams and form super teams to win championships.

Seriously? The core of this GSW team has been formed through clever drafting and trading. Durant is just the icing on top of clever management. LeBron on the other hand, has had to move teams and form super teams to win championships.
It's completely different to Lebron but yes lebrons was bad too, I am not saying what the warriors have done is bad either given they have a right to improve their team... purely Durants decision from a competitive stand point, if you think what Lebron did was worse then you clearly have some bias

BORING. First off grats to GSW for getting Durant but it's way to lopsided now. Off season will be interesting as Cavs need to do something. I can't see them doing much in this series. Warriors are way too good. Hope the owner feels better now. Got Durant just to beat the Cavs.

It's completely different to Lebron but yes lebrons was bad too, I am not saying what the warriors have done is bad either given they have a right to improve their team... purely Durants decision from a competitive stand point, if you think what Lebron did was worse then you clearly have some bias

Have to completely disagree with you.

The Warriors have built this team from the ground up. Yes, they brought in Durant but for the most part, they've built that team and deserve all the success they get (That's difficult for me to say as a Clippers fan).

LeBron on the other hand.... Wow... Let's not talk about player's who swan around the league forming super teams.

Have to completely disagree with you.

The Warriors have built this team from the ground up. Yes, they brought in Durant but for the most part, they've built that team and deserve all the success they get (That's difficult for me to say as a Clippers fan).

LeBron on the other hand.... Wow... Let's not talk about player's who swan around the league forming super teams.

Not only Durant but over the years they brought in Iggy, Livingston, Bogut, Lee etc.
The only core that have been there the entire time have been Curry, Klay and Draymond but it's impossible to have the majority of the team drafted.

Not only Durant but over the years they brought in Iggy, Livingston, Bogut, Lee etc.
The only core that have been there the entire time have been Curry, Klay and Draymond but it's impossible to have the majority of the team drafted.

Every team fills out their roster like that though (with the exception of the Spurs).
I'm talking about the core.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back