Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't hate it that much and thought it had some funny moments, but ultimately was a massive waste of potential. Like you said, the premise was fertile ground for comedy, but it was just executed really poorly. I'm not sure how many episodes we got through, but won't bother going back to it.

Yeah it’s not that bad. I haven’t finished the season but I think they should have just gone completely balls deep on making it ludicrous.

It seemed to hold itself back and go “safe” with some shitty drama - like, I couldn’t give a crap about his daughter’s whole plot line.

It’s at its best when it’s stupidly absurd, like at times during that war games ep.

They needed to just go all in on that crap imo.

High Score

Loved it

Had an Atari when I was young and that got a good workout. Never owned a Nintendo or Sega so never got into Mario Brothers and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Street fighter 2 was huge in the arcades but I was never good at it. Didn’t think Mortal Kombat was as big as they suggest.

Wolfheinstein brings back memories. What a game. Then Doom came out and Duke Nukem. Loved the first person shooters.

High Score

Loved it

Had an Atari when I was young and that got a good workout. Never owned a Nintendo or Sega so never got into Mario Brothers and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Street fighter 2 was huge in the arcades but I was never good at it. Didn’t think Mortal Kombat was as big as they suggest.

Wolfheinstein brings back memories. What a game. Then Doom came out and Duke Nukem. Loved the first person shooters.

I wanted more discussion about Roberta & Ken Williams creating their games. So most episodes were good, but I really wanted more detail in places because they tried to cram too much in.

Finish season 1 of Cobra Kai. A little cheesy in parts, but I like the throwbacks to the actual movie.
Starting season 2 tonight.
I felt the cheese factor increased in s2. Especially with the teen romance schtick. Still ok though. The last moment sets it up for s3.

The thing that did surprise and disappoint me was the piss poor attitude to drink driving.

High Score

Loved it

Only watched ep1 so far but really enjoyed it. Was great hearing about the space invaders stuff I never knew about like the design of the UFOs and seeing the original drawings etc.

I wanted more discussion about Roberta & Ken Williams creating their games. So most episodes were good, but I really wanted more detail in places because they tried to cram too much in.
Speaking as someone whose schoolies consisted of a couple of afternoons at Timezone I would have liked to see more about arcades. There were some absolute classics from that era that weren't even mentioned, the NeoGeo had a first person fighter game called Super Spy which predated Doom by a couple of years.

High Score

Loved it

Mortal Combat was huge.

Which is why the 95 movie did so well at the box office.

Watching glitch, an Aussie show that started in 2015 and has had 3 seasons. About a group of people that come back from the dead in a country town. 5 episodes in and I highly recommend giving it a crack. Best Aussie thing I’ve seen in yonks.

You're spot on. The first 2 seasons were excellent, and it should have ended there. I dropped it 2 eps into season 3 when it went off the rails.
The Season 3 story starts out a bit poorly but it does develop well. A lot doesn’t make sense at the start but slowly piece by piece things fall together.

Watching glitch, an Aussie show that started in 2015 and has had 3 seasons. About a group of people that come back from the dead in a country town. 5 episodes in and I highly recommend giving it a crack. Best Aussie thing I’ve seen in yonks.
Love it. Havent started season 3 yet though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just binged the umbrella academy. Didn't think I'd like it all. Turned out to be an awesome show

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You have to watch 'The Social Dilemma' possibly one of the most important doco's made in recent times.
I watched it on your recommendation and although it made some pretty profound and concerning points, I didn't enjoy the way they put the documentary together all that much. The fictional family scenes were all a bit ham-fisted and were just distracting for me. The only scene that actually added anything for me was the one of the young girl stoically trying to fight back tears looking at herself in the mirror (just after the stats about the rise in childhood self-harm and suicide that correlates to the advent of social media on phones). But still, it definitely made me want to change my habits. I know it's almost 1:30am and I should be in bed, but I've actually just unwatched a stack of BF threads ... so I guess that's a positive.

Finished the animation Hoops tonight.
Solid 5.5/10 had some laugh out loud moments, not many but some.
Would I watch a 2nd season?
Yeah.
If a 2nd season was never made would I care?
No.

I watched it on your recommendation and although it made some pretty profound and concerning points, I didn't enjoy the way they put the documentary together all that much. The fictional family scenes were all a bit ham-fisted and were just distracting for me. The only scene that actually added anything for me was the one of the young girl stoically trying to fight back tears looking at herself in the mirror (just after the stats about the rise in childhood self-harm and suicide that correlates to the advent of social media on phones). But still, it definitely made me want to change my habits. I know it's almost 1:30am and I should be in bed, but I've actually just unwatched a stack of BF threads ... so I guess that's a positive.
Yeah, I agree, the family stuff was annoying, but what those tech people said was chilling. That's why I think ppl should watch it.

Unfortunately it’s on Foxtel not Netflix, but if you can chase down Mr Inbetween you will definitely have a new “best Aussie thing I’ve seen in yonks”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back