Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

It has indeed been done before. Have a look who was 17th in 2019.
I think in all honesty ladder positions need to be viewed in blocks 1-6, 7-12, 13-18.
Luck can affect where you fall perhaps by 2 or 3 places.
We've just been through the season from hell. Certainly morale wise we'll be better next year. Statistically we can expect to have an easier draw. That said, we don't have a list deep or talented enough to make a rapid rise up the ladder.
I think in all likelihood without the preseason we had we could have expected to finish somewhere in the lower regions of that 2nd tier. That's about where I think we can expect to finish in 2022 given a reasonable run with luck and injuries.

I cant possibly see how we can finish higher than about 14th, We have a bunch of greenhorns and a lot of older players and not much in between. We need to temper expectations and accept we will have 2 to 3 years of rebuilding. I find i am happier enjoying watching the youngsters when i expect to lose.

And to bring it back to Carlton, they have been rebuilding for 20 years and gone nowhere, so we cannot fall into their trap of trying to move things too quickly, We need to learn from their incompetence.

I cant possibly see how we can finish higher than about 14th, We have a bunch of greenhorns and a lot of older players and not much in between. We need to temper expectations and accept we will have 2 to 3 years of rebuilding. I find i am happier enjoying watching the youngsters when i expect to lose.

And to bring it back to Carlton, they have been rebuilding for 20 years and gone nowhere, so we cannot fall into their trap of trying to move things too quickly, We need to learn from their incompetence.
I'm backing a flag miracle.
Because....Collingwood!

What is the alleged link and bad blood between Carlton President Luke Sayers and Dan Andrews ?

1. Eddie liberated from the clutches of The Filth

2. Salty SOS

jZkHtpBQuYiulNP-800x450-noPad.jpg

Beautiful, so beautiful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I think the blues will turn things around next season and play finals. They will appoint their new coach next week which will allow them to focus on their biggest on field deficiency - leadership.

We are behind them in our rebuild but I'm confident we have the pieces in place to go past them in 3 to 4 years

I just wanted to apologize for this post. In my defence, I did not think they could possibly appoint Voss. I also probably didn't appreciate the state of their list, which has only been revealed to me having seen the result of their B&F.

1. Sam Walsh (183)
2. Jacob Weitering (172)
3. Harry McKay (118)
4. Patrick Cripps (112)
5. Ed Curnow (100)
6. Adam Saad (97)
7. Lachie Plowman (86)
8. Liam Jones (80)
9. Eddie Betts (75)
10. Jack Silvagni (71)

I can't ever recall such a drop off in quality from top 3 to the rest. No idea why there is such a sense of hope coming from them.

Not sure who the player is or waste time talking about the should or shouldn't they debate, but I just wanted to point out that if this was to happen I was expecting it to be a player of ours, not for any reason other than random odd stuff is usually our domain. Refreshing that it's not for a change though I might speak too soon!

Report: Carlton AFL player refusing COVID-19 vaccine (sen.com.au)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back