Fixture The next 6. Where will we be after Round 12.

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge danger game. How does our game plan, which relies and some clean hands, hold up in the wet away from home in the longest road trip against a side full of confidence and looking for another big scalp to get them back in the hunt for the 8. Genuinely not confident this week but I'll be there regardless.

Good call.

yikes, we could end up 8-4, which at the start of the year if you'd told me, I'd have most likely took it - but given the form we had found prior to the G/C game, it would feel heavily deflating. If it rains again this Sunday, yuck.....

yikes, we could end up 8-4, which at the start of the year if you'd told me, I'd have most likely took it - but given the form we had found prior to the G/C game, it would feel heavily deflating. If it rains again this Sunday, yuck.....

We could end up 8-4 which would be a great start. I think we beat the pies and Brisbane. 9-3.

How sweet it will be!

I don't think it's a bad thing if Freo are 9-4 if we also beat the Hawks at home and lead into our round 14 bye.

That means 4 more wins are needed between rounds 15 to 23 to get a finals spot

I don't think it's a bad thing if Freo are 9-4 if we also beat the Hawks at home and lead into our round 14 bye.

That means 4 more wins are needed between rounds 15 to 23 to get a finals spot
definitely, 9-4 is an incredible position. I just think - prior to the GC game - it could be better, but we'd all take that surely?! That said we haven't lost those 2 more games yet!! To be honest - last year teams snuck in off 11 wins, I think 4 more wins (if we have the 9) would likely push us up in the 'top 6', possibly even top 4 - anything after that is a top 4 lock for shizzle, which would be much better :)

We could end up 8-4 which would be a great start. I think we beat the pies and Brisbane. 9-3.

How sweet it will be!
I just meant more from the point of view if we lose 4 in a row...that would hurt a bit even though 8-4 is still a good 'outcome'. I'm sure others would feel that way. Would still be a good situation for the club to be in, pushing for a finals birth after 6 years in the wilderness......that's exciting

I honestly believe we’ve matched up reasonably well against Melbourne and Brisbane recently. I’m backing JL to give the ‘disappointed, not angry’ speech this week and the boys to win the next three.
Hope You right too many on this board have already put the L in the book for both Melbourne and Brisbane . We will account for ourselves very well in both and surprise a few.

Hope You right too many on this board have already put the L in the book for both Melbourne and Brisbane . We will account for ourselves very well in both and surprise a few.
I think we've got a real shot against Brisbane, almost a 50/50 game, Melbourne will be hard but I think we can put on a good performance

definitely, 9-4 is an incredible position. I just think - prior to the GC game - it could be better, but we'd all take that surely?! That said we haven't lost those 2 more games yet!! To be honest - last year teams snuck in off 11 wins, I think 4 more wins (if we have the 9) would likely push us up in the 'top 6', possibly even top 4 - anything after that is a top 4 lock for shizzle, which would be much better :)
There is a few more bad teams this year that will mean the wins to get into the 8 will probably be around 13.

Like North & West Coast may only win a max of 3 games each all year. Which means most teams competing for finals will have those extra wins.

Pies at home - 85% W
Dees away - 85% L
Lions home - 75% L (But they look like they're missing two of their key pillars so 65% L if still the case)
Hawks home - 80% W (don't really rate the Hawks but they are on of those sides that can show up on a day and be a threat)
Blues Away - 55% L (away tips into their side)
Port Home - 50/50
Saints away - 60% L (away tips into their side, they're very good at Marvel)
Swans Home - 55% W (wish we had them now while they are going through a form drop)
Tigers away - 55% L (Marvel not our best ground tbh, ground swings it their way, possibility that their current form drops off though)
Dees Home - 70% L
Dogs away - 50/50 (Really wish we had them during the form slump, instead we get them likely making a finals charge at Marvel)
Eagles Home - 90% W (derbies are never 90% and their crisis will surely be over by then? probably have to adjust this down if so)
Giants away - 65% W (Manuka worries me, hopefully they are out of finals and don't have any retiring heroes)

So 5 wins but then probably drop atleast one of those realistically = 4

about 5 50/50 (or close to 50/50 L games) so 2 or 3 wins there =2 or 3

Then 3 not expected at all really, realistically a chance to pickup maybe 1/3 = 1

Got about 7 or 8 wins for the rest of the season, would be enough for top 8 but top 4 would have to fall our way

Basically with the way our draw was, we had most of our winnable games to begin the season, the 2 top teams in Lions/Dees are to come and all the 50/50 games take place in the second half with teams who will be around where we are on the ladder.

I'd be stunned if we don't make top 8 from here
Alright, this was my optimistic take last week, its looking a bit more pessimistic now

already dropped one of the 5 so thats only 3 wins

50/50 games is still 2 or 3 but leaning 2 now

then can't see us beating Brissy or the Dees twice so thats 0

takes us down to 5 wins and only 12 for the season, borderline finals team...

the dream draw is over, even the Hawks have knocked off Brissy today

dropped 2 of the winnable home games now, still got Dees and Lions at home too, * thats rough

It's worth bearing in mind that almost no one would've pencilled in Geelong away as a win and Collingwood at home as a loss.
While top 4 is almost certainly out of the equation, I'd say the team is still good enough to win a few games which would seem like probable losses at this stage.

That said, Melbourne and Brissy will torch us.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth bearing in mind that almost no one would've pencilled in Geelong away as a win and Collingwood at home as a loss.
While top 4 is almost certainly out of the equation, I'd say the team is still good enough to win a few games which would seem like probably losses at this stage.

I think the difference with us between wet and dry footy is so tremendously huge that we still have a good shot at that Brisbane game if it’s dry. JLs comments about not needing to change gameplan were completely idiotic but at least give me confidence there is some kind of reason for the last two weeks and we can improve a fair bit

Reckon we'll lose to Melbourne, and beat Brizzy
Got no-one to blame but ourselves to have f'eckd up such a promising start

If we beat Brisbane to go 9-3 we’ll have beaten every other side in the top 5 except Saints.
And I’d honestly put that performance as our worst for the year given the conditions. I reckon the boys will have that return game against them circled. We seem to be that sort of team from things I’ve heard JL say that takes things personally, which I like

And I’d honestly put that performance as our worst for the year given the conditions. I reckon the boys will have that return game against them circled. We seem to be that sort of team from things I’ve heard JL say that takes things personally, which I like
Agree 100%. We didn’t really find the right balance between height and speed until after round 2. I haven’t seen anything from the Saints to suggest they are a bigger threat than Melbourne or Carlton yet.

Will Ferrell Movie GIF by filmeditor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back