Fixture The next 6. Where will we be after Round 12.

Remove this Banner Ad

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it lid off time? I think we go in favourites for 3 of the next six. Just covering those will see us 8-4 and established in the top four if we maintain something close to our current percentage. A developing team will normally drop at least one they are favoured to win in that time. How exciting is it going to be finding out where we are at!

Potential back to back losses against Melbourne then Brisbane will challenge our character. We seem to match up well against Brisbane, if we manage to win that one we move forward with a tonne of momentum.

I will be tipping Geelong this week. Hopefully we attack them and give it a shake. History informs us that the Cats rarely lose in Geelong. How delicious it would be. Happy to save it for a randomly scheduled final sometime.

Crystal ball time... where do you have us at the end of Round 12?

Negative Nelly - 7 - 5
Conservative Kelly - 8 - 4
Lid Off Larry - 9 - 3

I cant see us losing more than 3 over the next 6. What a bloody good place to be!

3 games we should win. Melbourne at the MCG is a tough ask, and Geelong away and Brisbane home are at best 50/50 games.

3 wins is ok, hopefully we get 4.

Geelong at Skilled
North at Home
Sun at MS
Collingwood at Home

Melbourne at MCG
Brisbane at home

The next 3 games all look winnable. Carlton at home will be a challenge.

Hawks at home
Carlton at Marval
Port at home

11-1!!!

Cruz Azul Cheer GIF by Club America

Will schofield says Freo are winning the flag this year. You heard it here first. Take it to the bank, ladies and gents. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My predictions:

• Geelong: tight loss, but win a few friends
  • North: Big win
  • Gold Coast: Tight win (tighter than we probably think going in)
  • Pies: Comfortable win at Optus

At this stage, we're 8-2, so confidence will be high so I think we go 1-1 against the best two teams in the league:

• Demons at G: A 3-4 goal loss - but that's simply because they are that much ahead of the comp and will want to put us back in our box.
  • Lions at Optus: A nail biting win, simply because we're at home.
  • Hawks at Optus: 3-4 goal win

So 10-3 at the bye. Which sets us up beautifully.

Carlton at Marvel after the bye is a danger game. They will be two games post bye and I just don't trust us to win on the road after a week off; so I think the rest of the season sees us go:

• Carlton away: A frustrating loss
  • Port at home: A reasonably comfortable win after being close to 3/4 time
  • Saints away: Unfortunately, I think we get doubled by the Saints because they play Marvel really well
  • Swans at home: A great game and close win - with the team I expect us to have our biggest rivalry with over the next 5-6 years.
  • Tigers in Melbourne: They're done and it's at Marvel so I think we comfortably win
  • Demons at Optus: I think this will be game of the year and I'm tipping us to win a shootout - and this will be the Demons only H&A loss for the year
  • Bulldogs at Marvel: At this stage we are flying and what the weekend just gone showed us is that we don't need to fear a team that has a very strong midfield but a suspect back line. Another win
  • Eagles at home: A record win for us in the Derby
  • GWS away in Canberra: I think we lose a game in what will be Cameron's last game in charge of the Giants.

So, we finish 16-6, which will put us 3rd to 5th on the ladder behind the Demons (21-1) and Lions (18-4). I expect the Saints and Swans also to finish around here and there to be a three game gap to sixth on the ladder.

9-3 i will be content with.

Would have to beat one of Geelong, Melbourne and Brisbane for that to happen. But i feel we probably want to make statement anyway and can jag a win against one of those.

The 3 winnable games should be achieved the Gold Coast game has a bit of a banana skin type feel to it. But i trust our system atm to get the job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predictions:

• Geelong: tight loss, but win a few friends
  • North: Big win
  • Gold Coast: Tight win (tighter than we probably think going in)
  • Pies: Comfortable win at Optus

At this stage, we're 8-2, so confidence will be high so I think we go 1-1 against the best two teams in the league:

• Demons at G: A 3-4 goal loss - but that's simply because they are that much ahead of the comp and will want to put us back in our box.
  • Lions at Optus: A nail biting win, simply because we're at home.
  • Hawks at Optus: 3-4 goal win

So 10-3 at the bye. Which sets us up beautifully.

Carlton at Marvel after the bye is a danger game. They will be two games post bye and I just don't trust us to win on the road after a week off; so I think the rest of the season sees us go:

• Carlton away: A frustrating loss
  • Port at home: A reasonably comfortable win after being close to 3/4 time
  • Saints away: Unfortunately, I think we get doubled by the Saints because they play Marvel really well
  • Swans at home: A great game and close win - with the team I expect us to have our biggest rivalry with over the next 5-6 years.
  • Tigers in Melbourne: They're done and it's at Marvel so I think we comfortably win
  • Demons at Optus: I think this will be game of the year and I'm tipping us to win a shootout - and this will be the Demons only H&A loss for the year
  • Bulldogs at Marvel: At this stage we are flying and what the weekend just gone showed us is that we don't need to fear a team that has a very strong midfield but a suspect back line. Another win
  • Eagles at home: A record win for us in the Derby
  • GWS away in Canberra: I think we lose a game in what will be Cameron's last game in charge of the Giants.

So, we finish 16-6, which will put us 3rd to 5th on the ladder behind the Demons (21-1) and Lions (18-4). I expect the Saints and Swans also to finish around here and there to be a three game gap to sixth on the ladder.
Subscribed

I cant see us finishing top 4 because I think it's going to be very very hard to play Melbourne twice and Geelong away as well as two other top 8 sides twice in Carlton and St Kilda. We'd have to be perfect against every other side just about which almost certainly isnt going to happen.

I'm happy we are going to be playing finals, and likely be a team that every side bar Melbourne will be very nervous coming up against. That and our unbelievable young talent means this is the first year of an 8ish year run of playing finals and contending.

Team to go 3-3 the next 6 weeks, I wouldnt be surprised if it includes beating Geelong or Brisbane while losing to Gold Coast. Gold Coast at Metricon is not an easy game

I think covid will make 3:3 a very good outcome if possible over the next 6 weeks considering we've only had 5 of our 22 catch it and it's everywhere at the moment.

If 100 people were to predict the outcomes of the next 6 games, most likely between 3 and 10 of those people will be correct on all 6. I wouldn't hazard a guess except to say its likely there will be at least one unexpected win and at least one unexpected loss.

The word you're looking for is optimistic :).

I would add the word "hopeful". I said we'd be 12-10 at the end of the year and sneak into the 8. Anything other than that and I think it's a bonus. We'd have to go 7-10 the rest of the season to meet that mark. I'm fairly confident we'll be over that (barring some unforeseen injury run, an airplane crash into Cockburn during a training session, tsunami wave wiping out half of WA, or a massive shark attack while the team is doing a recovery swim). Even a finals appearance that we lose would be great experience. We're building nicely for our 2023-2024 back to back flags.

Last edited:
9-3 i will be content with.

Would have to beat one of Geelong, Melbourne and Brisbane for that to happen. But i feel we probably want to make statement anyway and can jag a win against one of those.

The 3 winnable games should be achieved the Gold Coast game has a bit of a banana skin type feel to it. But i trust our system atm to get the job done.

The Gold Coast game is the one I am concerned about. If we go over a little over confident and are off our game we will struggle.

I cant see us finishing top 4 because I think it's going to be very very hard to play Melbourne twice and Geelong away as well as two other top 8 sides twice in Carlton and St Kilda. We'd have to be perfect against every other side just about which almost certainly isnt going to happen.

I'm happy we are going to be playing finals, and likely be a team that every side bar Melbourne will be very nervous coming up against. That and our unbelievable young talent means this is the first year of an 8ish year run of playing finals and contending.

Team to go 3-3 the next 6 weeks, I wouldnt be surprised if it includes beating Geelong or Brisbane while losing to Gold Coast. Gold Coast at Metricon is not an easy game

On track for the finals is the big win for me. We shouldn't miss from here and if we do there are big issues.

I have no idea where I expect us to finish now. Being 8 - 4 with no ugly loss would be very nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back