VFL The North VFL Thread [2024 - NMFC lt GWS in Rd5 - CT 24d/14m/1.0; Shiels 23d/10tackles/1.0; Sellers 3g; Maley 2g; Bergman 22d; Arch 15d/8m]

Remove this Banner Ad

Imo, only Maley, Bergman or Archer could be rewarded on their performances today. Sellers had 6 shots on goals from limited opportunities but his running capacity needs to go to another level before he gets another opportunity at AFL level.

Maley’s hands are ridiculous and his kicking was really solid today. Was really impressed by his ruckwork too, held his ground pretty well considering his was playing on a man mountain in Madden.

Bergman and Archer didn’t get a stack of footy but all their defensive efforts were really solid. Bergman in particular killed at least 3 or 4 2v1’s that he had no right to break even. Was very composed and assured with ball in hand too. I don’t think we can ever expect Arch to be a big ball getter, but that’s not what we need him for. Defence first for him always. Had a few real nice intercept marks today.

Pink got pantsed by Keefe and Gruzewski today. Looks so tentative at times today which was the polar opposite of the games I seen him play in the SANFL last year.

Imo, only Maley, Bergman or Archer could be rewarded on their performances today. Sellers had 6 shots on goals from limited opportunities but his running capacity needs to go to another level before he gets another opportunity at AFL level.

Maley’s hands are ridiculous and his kicking was really solid today. Was really impressed by his ruckwork too, held his ground pretty well considering his was playing on a man mountain in Madden.

Bergman and Archer didn’t get a stack of footy but all their defensive efforts were really solid. Bergman in particular killed at least 3 or 4 2v1’s that he had no right to break even. Was very composed and assured with ball in hand too. I don’t think we can ever expect Arch to be a big ball getter, but that’s not what we need him for. Defence first for him always. Had a few real nice intercept marks today.

Pink got pantsed by Keefe and Gruzewski today. Looks so tentative at times today which was the polar opposite of the games I seen him play in the SANFL last year.

Bergman’s one v one work looked like it had improved over the preseason (yeah I know….)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on Georges shoulder injury?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

From the match report.

The defender was ruled out during the early minutes of the third quarter but wasn't overly limited in movement after his shoulder was put back in place.

"Brayden will get scans over the weekend or Monday to show the extent of the damage, but he seemed in good spirits so hopefully it's on the minor end," Lynch said.

Usually, clubs treat ac joints with surgery.

I did one 2 decades ago and it headed naturally. Not sure why they go the surgery route.

I had surgery on mine a decade ago but the surgery included far more than just the AC Joint injury which was the catalyst, after they got in with keyhole surgery to check whatever else wasn’t 100%.

If we had finals looming and the player was a key cog in our chances of success I reckon surgery would be delayed until post season.

They can heal naturally but clubs have the means to hasten the process. Duck was useless with his heavily strapped back in the day.

I had surgery on mine a decade ago but the surgery included far more than just the AC Joint injury which was the catalyst, after they got in with keyhole surgery to check whatever else wasn’t 100%.

If we had finals looming and the player was a key cog in our chances of success I reckon surgery would be delayed until post season.

They can heal naturally but clubs have the means to hasten the process. Duck was useless with his heavily strapped back in the day.

I dunno how bad mine was back in the day, but you can still see the lump now, and I was out of action for 6 weeks at the time...

I would have thought surgery would be at least 8-10 weeks before heavy contact could be made?

I try not to injure anything these days, but alas, at Xmas time I tore my QL(quadratus lumborum) on my right hip and I'm buggered if I know how I did it to this day lol
5 weeks off allowed a few other creaks and rattles to heal up, too

Ageing can gagf...

Ageing can gagf...

Bloody oath, although it sure beats the alternative.

Once you hit 50 and bad news starts to become a more common theme with the medicos you get sick of hearing “well you are over 50 now!”

Like, this is what you can expect henceforth! F***off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back