VFL The North VFL Thread [2024 - NMFC lt GWS in Rd5 - CT 24d/14m/1.0; Shiels 23d/10tackles/1.0; Sellers 3g; Maley 2g; Bergman 22d; Arch 15d/8m]

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant believe Curtis Taylor is on an AFL list.

I am watching the replay and he looks a level behind the VFL players playing for the Bullants.

I cant believe Curtis Taylor is on an AFL list.

I am watching the replay and he looks a level behind the VFL players playing for the Bullants.
6 disposals and 3 tackles for the game doesn't exactly leap out from the stats package, and yet when he started his first games seemed full of promise.

Mysterious

6 disposals and 3 tackles for the game doesn't exactly leap out from the stats package, and yet when he started his first games seemed full of promise.

Mysterious
Player development has been an issue for yrs.Curtis might just be another player added to the list unfortunately

Comben set shots are of genuine concern as a forward, much the same as Robbie.
It turned out alright for Robbie, so here’s hoping it works. Let’s also hope he can play a lot of games in a row in the seniors.

Comben set shots are of genuine concern as a forward, much the same as Robbie.
I’ve said it before, but I think his set shot issues are exaggerated.

He’s alright at the start of a quarter. But when fatigue kicks in, he looses it. Otherwise, he’s alright.

if he gets continuity and fitness, kicking in games will
Improve a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player development has been an issue for yrs.Curtis might just be another player added to the list unfortunately

The strongest catalyst to a player developing to their full potential is being self driven. The lack of it with some players recruited over the years was a massive frustration to those charged with guiding them to be the best version of themselves. I suspect Curtis falls into that category, and his underdeveloped physique illustrates as much.

I suspect that Curtis Taylor has already made peace with his coming delisting. What's good for us is that the senior team seems to have moved well past his average form now that he's not even bothering to compete for a spot with Young, Perez, Howe etc. all gone.

The strongest catalyst to a player developing to their full potential is being self driven. The lack of it with some players recruited over the years was a massive frustration to those charged with guiding them to be the best version of themselves. I suspect Curtis falls into that category, and his underdeveloped physique illustrates as much.
True , but some players do need extra guidance and a but if a push. We seem to have had a high number not make it. Constant coach changes hasn’t helped and maybe the recruiters have just been poor in being aware of how driven some of these players are. Whatever the reason we have struggled.

North Melbourne v Northern Bullants​

9 Tyler Sellers (NM)
9 Patrick Fairlie (NB)
3 Miller Bergman (NM)
3 Liam Shiels (NM)
2 Will Phillips (NM)
2 Jack Watkins (NM)
1 Brayden George (NM)

1 Saad El-Hawli (NB)

You say underdeveloped but he'll be the biggest guy out there when he hits schoolies.

North Melbourne v Northern Bullants​

9 Tyler Sellers (NM)
9 Patrick Fairlie (NB)
3 Miller Bergman (NM)
3 Liam Shiels (NM)
2 Will Phillips (NM)
2 Jack Watkins (NM)
1 Brayden George (NM)

1 Saad El-Hawli (NB)
Wheres Greenwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back