The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, one of the victims.

Dude, he was lunging at police officers with a knife and was very close to getting them. Like I said, surprised they did not shoot him sooner.
As I said I havent read the whole story. How did someone die? Has the bloke stabbed someone? I saw a car was on fire. Crazy...

As I said I havent read the whole story. How did someone die? Has the bloke stabbed someone. I saw a car was on fire. Crazy...
He was driving the car that was on fire, stabbed three people - one of whom died - then attacked officers.

There is footage of him online being shot.

Imagine you’re a cop and someone is wildly swinging a knife at you. Do you go for your taser, knowing you need to press it to his body so you need to get right on him whilst he’s swinging a knife? Or do you go for your gun where you can shoot him when he’s a body length away from you?

You’ve also seen him stab 3 people, killing one of them. Every cop who has a gun would shoot him. * risking death when you have a family, a wife, children etc.

Imagine you’re a cop and someone is wildly swinging a knife at you. Do you go for your taser, knowing you need to press it to his body so you need to get right on him whilst he’s swinging a knife? Or do you go for your gun where you can shoot him when he’s a body length away from you?

You’ve also seen him stab 3 people, killing one of them. Every cop who has a gun would shoot him. **** risking death when you have a family, a wife, children etc.

You don't have to press a taser to their body, this isn't the 90s.

You don't have to press a taser to their body, this isn't the 90s.

Fair enough. Since a gun was discharged, there’s a good chance that a taser wasn’t available on the cops. It will be interesting to get that confirmed.

Have only seen the footage once, and did wonder why it took so long to shoot the offender. From what I saw, perhaps the second police officer was waiting for a clear shot the offender was in was in close vicinity of his colleague.

I don’t know how well informed they were on the incident itself, given they were first on the scene. You’d think if they knew what had happened, people already stabbed etc, they would’ve shot/tasered the guy straight away.

But being first responders, they didn’t have that benefit I’m guessing.

Have only seen the footage once, and did wonder why it took so long to shoot the offender. From what I saw, perhaps the second police officer was waiting for a clear shot the offender was in was in close vicinity of his colleague.

I don’t know how well informed they were on the incident itself, given they were first on the scene. You’d think if they knew what had happened, people already stabbed etc, they would’ve shot/tasered the guy straight away.

But being first responders, they didn’t have that benefit I’m guessing.
Police commissioner explained it well I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So keen. I'm rewatching atm and i'm on the last season.

It’s going to be so good. Might start my own rewatch from the beginning soon, I have only really rewatched episodes all over the place. Might do that after I get a rewatch of Deadwood in, now that is a series long overdue for another viewing, especially now that the movie is filming.

I’ve never seen Game of Thrones.

Never too late to get into it. I first started watching it just after the 5th season had aired and that was after about 3 years of my sister hounding me to watch it. Quite a fantastic series that didn’t need any time to kick into gear.

That's the craziest smash I've ever seen. Would love to see the footage of how it came about that she's going that quick in the air into a corner where everyone is slowing down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back