The off topic thread 5.0

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Best place to get a PS5? 12 year old son keen on one (I of course won't be playing it at all). Seems to be on backorder everywhere.

No retailers have had PS5’s in stock where you can just buy one online or in-store and it’s been like that since launch. Every now and then, retailers will list them online and within seconds they are gone. There is a worldwide chip shortage (not helped by the pandemic) that has been the main contributing factor for why the PS5 is difficult to buy and the forecast is this could last into 2023. Literally the only place a PS5 is easy to buy from is on eBay and you’re paying a * ton more more than the $749 RRP, so it’s only really an option if you’re desperate enough for one.

The latest XBOX is easy to buy at any retailer though. PS5, not so much.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
No retailers have had PS5’s in stock where you can just buy one online or in-store and it’s been like that since launch. Every now and then, retailers will list them online and within seconds they are gone. There is a worldwide chip shortage (not helped by the pandemic) that has been the main contributing factor for why the PS5 is difficult to buy and the forecast is this could last into 2023. Literally the only place a PS5 is easy to buy from is on eBay and you’re paying a * ton more more than the $749 RRP, so it’s only really an option if you’re desperate enough for one.

I thought the same, saw a few people online say they just asked at their local JB and they got one.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Wife works for Sony and even she can't get one. Can get me my nice new 4K OLED Bravia though.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
FB_IMG_1659474762745.jpg

Can't stress enough that if something doesn't feel right. See a doctor.

Went to work on Monday feeling fine, midway through the afternoon started feeling ill. Got sent home early.
Boss messages that night that I have the next day off and to get a medical certificate.

Felt like using one of those phone/online services where you pay a fee and they email you a certificate but opted to see my GP.
Referred directly to hospital ER. Spend 8 hours in triage/waiting room only to get an ER bed at 12:30am this morning.

CT scan confirmed inflammation of the digestive tract, possibly due to gastro symptoms, but have to go back in a few weeks so they can confirm that the cause wasn't cancer.

From feeling great Monday midday to feeling god awful less than 24 hours later.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

Went to work on Monday feeling fine, midway through the afternoon started feeling ill. Got sent home early.
Boss messages that night that I have the next day off and to get a medical certificate.

Felt like using one of those phone/online services where you pay a fee and they email you a certificate but opted to see my GP.
Referred directly to hospital ER. Spend 8 hours in triage/waiting room only to get an ER bed at 12:30am this morning.

CT scan confirmed inflammation of the digestive tract, possibly due to gastro symptoms, but have to go back in a few weeks so they can confirm that the cause wasn't cancer.

Geez mate, that sounds awful. Get well soon!

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Not good, rest up and hope all will be OK.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Alpine are such a joke. How do you not check with Oscar first before putting that statement out.
Even if it goes to the courts and Alpine win, you think there's no way Piastri stays long term after this.

Him and Danny Ric should do a straight swap, the Alpine is more suited to the Honey Badger's driving style in any case.

Last edited:

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
On another note, similar to the above, I got Paddock Passes to go to the Austin GP back in 2018 through where I was working at the time. One of my mates ended up getting a photo with Nicki Lauda coming out of a portaloo when he was still advising Mercedes with Toto, we ended up getting a whole tour of the garages and the back area where all the media + drivers are, it was pretty surreal to say the least.

This was the year before Drive to Survive came out and F1 has gone bonkers in the US ever since.

Reckon Seb ends up doing something in Politics or Climate Change now.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC

Hopefully the scan results are all good in a few weeks Art, keep us posted.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

That sounds awful mate. Hope you’re feeling better soon. :(

Always seek medical attention for anything you’re feeling, don’t try to tough it out. My Mum’s first cousin (65 years old) passed away two days ago after a battle with cancer that turned terminal. Never play around with your health.

Back