The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

White island documentary on Netflix is insane.

In retrospect nobody should ever have been allowed near the volcano.

In my trip to Japan I checked out the volcano at Hakone. Also Sakurajima. In both instances nobody is allowed anywhere near the crater.
Yeah I watched it last night and its absolutely madness that people were allowed on there and they're just relying on luck that it doesn't erupt while they are there. Those poor people steamed alive.

And I would have done it too as it was apparently safe according to the tour guides. We got to fly over an active one in Vanuatu at night and it was majestic.

Anybody watched Don't Pick Up the Phone doco on NF?

Some messed up s**t.

No, but I just read what it’s about.

How can someone be so stupid to think they have authority to strip search employees in that industry? I mean WTF?

Yeah I dunno, it's a completely different style story though. This series is about the building blocks of the Rebellion and all the pieces moving into place, Obi-Wan was a pulpy action piece. A slow burn about Obi-Wan sitting in a cave for 10 episodes might not have been as fun.

I loved it week to week but I also do think it works well as a binge since some people wouldn't have the patience to watch an ep and then wait a week for something to happen (since each third ep is where all the action is). Sounds like the second season will be more Obi-Wan than Andor though in the sense of each 3 ep arc will be a year as it speeds up towards Rogue One. We'll get Bail (maybe Leia), Ackbar/Raddus, Draven, K2SO, maybe Jyn? Maybe Obi-Wan?
The story of Obi Wan was trash anyways. Just scrap the story they had and go with another one.

Would love if Obi shows up in season two of Andor.

The story of Obi Wan was trash anyways. Just scrap the story they had and go with another one.

Would love if Obi shows up in season two of Andor.

There's not many other plausible Kenobi storylines you could go with, though they did do a book called Kenobi about him fighting a Sand People tribe in a pretty Western style sort of story, just not sure how that would have played so soon after Boba Fett doing something similar.

There's not many other plausible Kenobi storylines you could go with, though they did do a book called Kenobi about him fighting a Sand People tribe in a pretty Western style sort of story, just not sure how that would have played so soon after Boba Fett doing something similar.
They waited too long. The story should have been straight after Episode 3. Obi Wan basically hiding and running and trying to stay alive with the Inquisitors trying to hunt him down. When they eventually failed, Vader would have to come himself to finish the job. Have an epic Vader v Obi scene which Obi wins and then he goes into hiding to set up the events of 20 years later.

Cut out all the child Leia and Luke s**t... just a bad ass show of Obi being an awesome Jedi.

It's was all so easy IMO.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is disconcerting but not unexpected.
lel. Not disconcerting at all, because the article is rubbish, bias and incredibly slanted. May as well quote Yuri Geller.

Last edited:
Any evidence of this?
Take, for example, Martin Kulldorff, an epidemiologist at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Kulldorff often tweeted views at odds with U.S. public health authorities and the American left, the political affiliation of nearly the entire staff at Twitter.

He was public discredit by 1000-1 scientists and public health experts but this guy reckons he's not wrong. Also using the term "American left" shows his inherent bias. Especially when the American Left barely exists (especially in the Whitehouse)

He then cites a tweet which was about cardiac arrests. This journal may have been peer reviewed but that isnt the be all end all of something being factual. It's currently under review by the publisher as the conclusion is wildly outrageous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back