The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I get you. My other issue is the wife and I (with our impending largening of the family) want to spend a 3 or so months a year in the future in Australia so leaving a dog behind for that long is cruel.

Yeah, that’ll definitely do it mate. Everyone's circumstances are different as you illustrated.

Yeah, I can totally understand that. This will be my last dog I have and what you said is a big reason why.

But the good times do outweigh the end so you take comfort in that.

Give yourself some time. You might feel differently. It's just a fact of life that our much loved pets will die before we do. But in that time that we share with them they can have a great life and provide us with companionship.

Those supersized meals got him in the end.....

Alcohol*

There's been many talks that his health issues in the film resulted from his alcoholism rather than eating Maccas for a month (not that I'm advocating for anyone to do that).

Alcohol*

There's been many talks that his health issues in the film resulted from his alcoholism rather than eating Maccas for a month (not that I'm advocating for anyone to do that).
Yeah he was a massive alcoholic. The whole thing was a bit ridiculous anyway but when you then consider he didn't even accurately represent himself...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

German troops are not firing German weapons.

Germany is the second-largest provider of arms to Ukraine after the US. Here's a list of all the military equipment being supplied to Ukraine by Germany. Plus €280 million spent on 'training'. There's some pretty sophisticated weapons being used. It's likely that German troops are operating some of them. But whether it's a German or Ukrainian that has the final hand on the controls is irrelevant. Germany and other NATO countries are at war with Russia without a formal declaration. And the recent decision to allow NATO missiles to be fired into Russia is a major escalation.

There's no such policy.

Sunak is dressing it up with the option of community service. But if you look at what Defence Secretary Grant Shapps has said, it's about Britain being prepared for military conflicts. The head of the British army, General Sir Patrick Sanders said that Britain should train a “citizen army” to be ready to fight. A compulsory scheme is being proposed and once introduced could easily be shifted to limit the community side of it.

Sunak is dressing it up with the option of community service. But if you look at what Defence Secretary Grant Shapps has said, it's about Britain being prepared for military conflicts. The head of the British army, General Sir Patrick Sanders said that Britain should train a “citizen army” to be ready to fight. A compulsory scheme is being proposed and once introduced could easily be shifted to limit the community side of it.
When they limit the community service side of things then it can be referred to as compulsory military service.

Until then...

Germany is the second-largest provider of arms to Ukraine after the US. Here's a list of all the military equipment being supplied to Ukraine by Germany. Plus €280 million spent on 'training'. There's some pretty sophisticated weapons being used. It's likely that German troops are operating some of them. But whether it's a German or Ukrainian that has the final hand on the controls is irrelevant. Germany and other NATO countries are at war with Russia without a formal declaration. And the recent decision to allow NATO missiles to be fired into Russia is a major escalation.

There are no German troops in Ukraine, this is nonsense.

Are you suggesting Iran is at war with Ukraine because it supplies 100k plus suicide drones plus ballistic missiles? Russia has been pillaging gold reserves to pay Iranians for this gear. Russia is also using North Korean ballistic missiles against Ukraine.

Ukraine's right to defend itself from an invasion is enshrined in international law. Means SFA what weapons are being supplied to defend itself. If Putin stayed out of Ukraine there wouldn't be a need for any defensive weapons at all. The only escalation is from Russia invading a nation simply for the reason that Ukraine refuses to be a puppet Russian state any longer. Incredible anyone can label this as an escalation when Russia has been sending thousands of cruise missiles, 10s of thousands of attack drones and 500,000 plus troops into Ukraine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back