The official 2011/12 nPower Championship thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds have signed Andros Townsend from Spurs on loan for the rest of the season.

Hopefully more to come.

[x] Club legend takes over as manager
[x] Defeat the Tescos bag wearing bunch in their own toilet bowl
[x] Defeat Sir Red Nose and his overvalued *s in their own toilet bowl
[x] Defeat Scumwall in their own toilet bowl

2011: a fantastic year for CPFC! :thumbsu:

[x] sign wilf
[x] avoid relegation..
[x] solid defence :D

go eagles!

Away derby against Brighton for us tomorrow morning. They aren't in great form but will lift for this one.

With the Hammers hosting Coventry we'll need three points. Boro have a tougher one against Blackpool but the way they are playing a win wouldn't surprise either

Missing way too many players, can only pray for a point. Dunk, Elphick, Calderon and Painter all missing from defence means we had to recall Cook. :eek:

Noone, Vincelot, Vicente (of course) and a few others missing as well. Hardly anyone to pick from! I think Southampton are missing a couple as well (Schneiderlin out?) but can't see them not winning, even with an average away record compared to home.

Missing way too many players, can only pray for a point. Dunk, Elphick, Calderon and Painter all missing from defence means we had to recall Cook. :eek:

Noone, Vincelot, Vicente (of course) and a few others missing as well. Hardly anyone to pick from! I think Southampton are missing a couple as well (Schneiderlin out?) but can't see them not winning, even with an average away record compared to home.

We're all here...

http://www.northstandchat.com/forumdisplay.php?20-The-Big-Board

McCormack hit the winning goal in the 8th minute of stoppage time, after an 88th minute own goal from 10-man Burnley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great day today! Just needed Boro to win.

Futacs 2 in 2 and Lawrence earning some of his money finally.

Good result ending Watfords unbeaten run. It seems that Appy had them playing with a bit of passion finally. Excellent that Futacs is finally getting a run and proving his worth at this level. Having no reserve side hurts players not getting a regular first team spot hope we can get a new owner on board (once again ffs!) and they can rectify this issue.

P.S. well done Brighton. Top result! :)

Some pretty unacceptable chants were reportedly sung at Billy Sharp by Barnsley fans today.

Hope it's not true, you'd have to be a proper scumbag to do that.

No surprise there. They were singing regarding the Istanbul murders against Leeds last week.

Some pretty unacceptable chants were reportedly sung at Billy Sharp by Barnsley fans today.

Hope it's not true, you'd have to be a proper scumbag to do that.

If true it is shocking but there's no evidence it actually happened. Apparently a *Leeds Fan on twitter has been trying to get celebrities to retweet "RT to highlight the scum Barnsley fans that chanted about Billysharp10 son? Thanks"*Ian Wright retweeted it but apparently later took it down and said he was wrong to retweet it. Billy Sharpe said the only chants he heard were about being fat which us why after a goal he pretended to eat the net. The major Barnsley forum is in meltdown, none of those people heard anything about his kid

s**t result too, good day for Barnsley overall

If true it is shocking but there's no evidence it actually happened. Apparently a *Leeds Fan on twitter has been trying to get celebrities to retweet "RT to highlight the scum Barnsley fans that chanted about Billysharp10 son? Thanks"*Ian Wright retweeted it but apparently later took it down and said he was wrong to retweet it. Billy Sharpe said the only chants he heard were about being fat which us why after a goal he pretended to eat the net. The major Barnsley forum is in meltdown, none of those people heard anything about his kid

I heard it from a Doncaster fan who was at the ground.

Code:
Andy D'Urso is a ********. Both sending offs were players pushing off from another player and accidently making contact with the face.

Yellow cards yes, red cards rubbish.

Yep, it's the kind of thing that kills you. It doesn't just ruin the match as a spectacle but it can have big consequences for the rest of the season. In our case, we were already having in a flat spot and now we have to do without the leagues top scorer for three matches.

In better news, it appears Sanfrecce Hiroshima striker Tadanari Lee will officially join Southampton once he passes a medical and receives a work permit.

He scored 15 goals in 32 games this season but I dare say he will be more well known amongst Australian football fans for scoring the winner against the Socceroos in the Asian Cup final. (Just when I had got David Carney's ball watching out of my head :eek:)

Great to get another win! Nice to leap frog Palarse as well. :D

Birmingham killed Millwall! As expected after the two reds but still massive!

3-0 win away to Forest. Along with West Ham the gap to 3rd has increased to 4 points after Cardiff drew and Boro lost again.

I thought I'd be changing my top of the league title but it lasts a little longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back