Premier Lg EPL Matchday 12 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised that VAR didn’t check to see if there was a foul during the buildup to City’s first goal. Two Chelsea players on the ground.

It didn’t look like any foul occurred but you would think VAR would at least check that first before a potential foul on Haaland.

There wasn't much in that collision prior to the goal. If VAR starts looking at those things and asks the referee to look at them then everything will be getting reviewed.

I don't reckon the pen should have been given either but it's not an absolute blatant error so therefore shouldn't be subject to an onfield review.

If it were up to me I'd restrict onfield VAR reviews if the referee's view of an incident was obstructed and/or if an absolutely obvious error has occurred. Any incident that a referee had an unobstructed clear view of that is a subjective decision should not be reviewed on screen otherwise the game is being re refereed.

There was some interesting defensive decisions but that Dias mistake/back heel was as bizarre as I've seen in some time. Such an avoidable goal.
yeah as said it was gvardiol who is still young and will make mistakes i was more surprised by dias diving in at the end as he's usually smarter than that. but i guess 4-4 is more entertaining than 0-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back