The Official Bigfooty Week 22 Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsflash: There's more to basketball than missed shots. Harden and LeBron miss more than 13 every night.
First off, no they don’t.

And did you just compare Lonzo Ball to the leading scorer in the NBA and Lebron James?

You’re better than this.

First off, no they don’t.

And did you just compare Lonzo Ball to the leading scorer in the NBA and Lebron James?

You’re better than this.

Your comprehension is letting you down. Someone commented that Lonzo missed 13 shots, the comment being if he hits them, the Lakers win. I just reminded people that Harden and LeBron miss at least 13 every night, do they get blamed when their team loses? Simply based on bullshit statistics that people rely upon so much in here.

The difference is when Harden misses 13 shots he's probably going like 10/23 and shooting a ton of free throws to help his efficiency. Just a slight difference from 2/15 and shooting 2 free throws. Just a tiny bit different. This isn't some crazy advanced stats argument, like I don't even know how you'd come to compare to them and think they are anything alike.

It is a bit of the frustrating thing following them. Sure barring injury we always seem to have a winning record but have never really been a threat. Probably this season and 09 were only seasons we really had any chance.

Was 09 the season when you won like 25 games on end? That TMac/Yao team was star crossed.

On the other hand you won a championship with a 47 win team and made the Finals with a 40 win team, so I guess the regular season ain't everything.

giphy.gif

******* injuries.

Other than Steph, the remaining 4 starters tonight, plus the guy who played the most minutes off the bench are getting paid $11M combined. 5 players. $11M total.

Next game Warriors will probably have $96M of salary sitting in suits. smh.

He's putting up elite rebounding numbers for a guard and possesses pretty great court vision but he really needs to rebuild that jumper over summer.

Even if he doesnt that's ok. He can and will find ways to contribute. Ive listened to luminaries who worry about ben simmons lack of shooting as well.

Even if he doesnt that's ok. He can and will find ways to contribute. Ive listened to luminaries who worry about ben simmons lack of shooting as well.

If you want to see the Lakers never succeed then it will be okay. If you want to see them succeed, he needs to learn how to shoot. At least be good enough to be respected. You do know he is shooting 6 threes per game? You can't do that if you can't shoot.

Also, Ben Simmons can finish at the rim. He's shooting 54% from the floor. Don't put these two in the same bracket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to see the Lakers never succeed then it will be okay. If you want to see them succeed, he needs to learn how to shoot. At least be good enough to be respected. You do know he is shooting 6 threes per game? You can't do that if you can't shoot.

Also, Ben Simmons can finish at the rim. He's shooting 54% from the floor. Don't put these two in the same bracket.

I didn't.

Lakers will succeed again. He will learn in time

But that's not really good enough for a second draft pick. Particularity in what is turning out to be a great draft class.

*Shrug* I didn't say the Lakers should have picked him, just that he could still have a solid career ahead of him. I mean Rubio was picked at #5.

A lot might depend on which way they choose to go in free agency. Brook Lopez gets lambasted, but at least he stretches the floor a bit. Randle has improved, but his fit with Lonzo is doubtful. If they do actually go for LeBron then Lonzo becomes a little redundant. PG13 may be a better fit but who knows.

******* injuries.

Other than Steph, the remaining 4 starters tonight, plus the guy who played the most minutes off the bench are getting paid $11M combined. 5 players. $11M total.

Next game Warriors will probably have $96M of salary sitting in suits. smh.
My bleeding heart

Was 09 the season when you won like 25 games on end? That TMac/Yao team was star crossed.

On the other hand you won a championship with a 47 win team and made the Finals with a 40 win team, so I guess the regular season ain't everything.

Nah 09 T-Mac was out already. Yao got injured in game 1 against Lakers but we still took them to 7, they went on to win championship. It's when we had got Artest who was actually really good for us.

But that's not really good enough for a second draft pick. Particularity in what is turning out to be a great draft class.
The position he got drafted is irrelevant at this point. The draft order is muddled somewhat by some teams drafting for need vs best player available. All top draft picks in every sport are heavily scrutinised because ridiculous expectations are put upon them compared to later draft picks. All you have to go on at draft time is how the player has performed in college games to date and whilst analytics help to a degree you can’t totally guarantee it. Richard Tambling was a sensational Under 18 player and went number 1 but never made the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back