The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez Pep. Embarrassing.

Silly of him to double down on this. Obiously B Silva was aware that his tweet had racial implications when he deleted it quick smart. Pep need only say it was a joke between mates that should have been posted in a private domain and that the player / club are cooperating fully in the investigation.

Wont be long before Liverpool is blamed for hacking B Silvas twitter account and stitching him up for this.

Silly of him to double down on this. Obiously B Silva was aware that his tweet had racial implications when he deleted it quick smart. Pep need only say it was a joke between mates that should have been posted in a private domain and that the player / club are cooperating fully in the investigation.

Wont be long before Liverpool is blamed for hacking B Silvas twitter account and stitching him up for this.
Even in rare moments where others join in on your gleeful attacks on city, you still manage to unnecessarily escalate things.

moomba hss been rather silent on this.
You'll bitch about it no matter what I say.

I'll wait for the FA to deal with it, but my general record on stuff like this is that you need to be very careful what you say on public forums. And while I don't think the FA should be getting itself involved with stuff like that, they always do and as such you can't complain too much if they do.

Last edited:

You'll bitch about it no matter what I say.

I'll wait for the FA to deal with it, but my general record on stuff like this is that you need to be very careful what you say on public forums. And while I don't think the FA should be getting itself involved with stuff like that, they always do and as such you can't complain too much if they do.

Balotelli got a 1 game ban back in 2014 for something similar.

Is there a timeframe for incidents like this to be settled?

Real Madrid finished 3rd in their league and got knocked out in the last 16 of the champions league, how do they get three players in?

When it comes to awards, I can’t think of a sport that gets it more wrong than football. Literally just a popularity contest. They’re really not worth taking notice of.
Apparently only played 21 La Liga games and managed just two assists and two goals. Real finished 3rd, had only the 7tdh best defensive record in La Liga, were bundled out early in CL and Marcelo even lost his place to some young kid I've never heard of half way through the season.

But he makes team of the year. Ramos at RB where he never plays and again is in that 7th best defense in La Liga and the same team that won nothing and were bundled out early in the CL.

Yet TAA and Robbo break assists records from defenders in the PL. Are a key part of the best defensive record in the Premier League. Go within a bees dick of winning the league and would have won the league in about 100 others year and win the European Cup but they don't make the team?

Yeah right...

Balotelli got a 1 game ban back in 2014 for something similar.

Is there a timeframe for incidents like this to be settled?
Mario took around two weeks from tweet to punishment.

There’s going to be an anti-racism banner displayed by Everton fans featuring Moise Kean against City on the weekend, hopefully the Man City players notice it perhaps

Silva could be in a bit of trouble here. Kick It Out have released a public statement demanding action from the FA. What was Suarez‘s penalty?

Silva could be in a bit of trouble here. Kick It Out have released a public statement demanding action from the FA. What was Suarez‘s penalty?

Are you suggesting the two situations are the same?

Pep has probably made this situation worse. Plainly needs to be sent on some diversity training course

I think what Pep said is actually worse than the initial tweet from Silva, which more than anything was just dumb rather than malicious.
But what are the PR team at City doing allowing their manager to basically double-down like that?

100% yes. It’s making this all into a bigger thing than it originally could have been.

Baffled as to what advice Pep is receiving (or maybe he’s just ignored them and his own racial prejudice is on display). Idiotic comments and it’s just inviting further criticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to double down. I thought Pep was more intelligent than that.
Spanish culture is different. I believe those kind of cartoons that the Anglo world now view as racist are still shown in Spain. When you live and work in a different country with a different culture though you have to adapt to it.

100% yes. It’s making this all into a bigger thing than it originally could have been.

Baffled as to what advice Pep is receiving (or maybe he’s just ignored them and his own racial prejudice is on display). Idiotic comments and it’s just inviting further criticism.

City have previous in doubling down on stupidity. Their response to the offensive chants / Sean Cox situation being one of them. Not quite sure whats going on with the PR dept over there.

City have previous in doubling down on stupidity. Their response to the offensive chants / Sean Cox situation being one of them. Not quite sure whats going on with the PR dept over there.

Perhaps we poached some of yours

Deflection is the name of the game.

Makes me laugh the hypocrisy of football fans. Completely blind to the actions of their own club, but happy to always call out others :D

Deflection is the name of the game.

Makes me laugh the hypocrisy of football fans. Completely blind to the actions of their own club, but happy to always call out others :D
And others exist to bitch and inessantly invent fairy tales of hypocrisy, and blindness.

And others exist to bitch and inessantly invent fairy tales of hypocrisy, and blindness.
Hilarious Moomba. I’d expect a man of your advanced years to at least self-identify his own hypocrisy. Can accept hypocrisy from the younger crowd on here, but not from a man of your life experience

Hilarious Moomba. I’d expect a man of your advanced years to at least self-identify his own hypocrisy. Can accept hypocrisy from the younger crowd on here, but not from a man of your life experience

What hypocrisy? Do you even know what the word means?

And what would you refer to as advanced years? I'd be surprised if you weren't as old as me, if not older.

What hypocrisy?

And what would you refer to as advanced years? I'd be surprised if you weren't as old as me, if not older.
Well you’re not a kid, or like me even a young man. Not saying you’re old either but you must be of the age to recognise hypocrisy by now.

I’m not having a pop at you mate, and sorry if it sounds like I am. But I’m sure you are a bigger man than to fall into the trap of blindly defending your club at every turn. That’s what kids do or immature adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back