The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, wouldnt batter an eyelid. It certainly is a nothing issue in comparison to the ffp cheating saga and you have to wonder why some posters paint this as a much bigger deal.

You cry if Pep's shoelaces are untied, get your hand off it.

Ronaldo-Mbappe
Hazard-DeJong-Modric-Messi
Marcelo-VVD-DeLigt-Ramos
Alisson

Real Madrid finished 3rd in their league and got knocked out in the last 16 of the champions league, how do they get three players in?

When it comes to awards, I can’t think of a sport that gets it more wrong than football. Literally just a popularity contest. They’re really not worth taking notice of.

Who cares about these awards seriously. I think they are a bit of a waste of time but seems so many people go ape s**t for them. The only awards in football worth winning are the major trophies on offer

Really quite daft of Bernardo Silva to do this. If the intention is a private joke between mates do this on the club WhatsApp group or via messenger. Putting it out in the public forum means it can offend others. Kick it out also involved apparently.

Yeah can agree with that, but it’s another case of people being offended on other people’s behalf, which has kind of reached pandemic proportions now. I suppose the rules of engagement have changed with SM (that’s social media not the SM found on here) so prevelant. I expect SM will no doubt have something to say about this post ironically

Yep, everybody is offending about everything these days. B. Silva did delete the tweet in an attempt to limit the damage. Obviously there's no issue between 2 mates, the issue for him will be those who get offended by the comparison he has made in a public forum.

FWIW Balotelli got done over a similar issue while with Liverpool:

Interesting to see how the FA deals with this one.

Really quite daft of Bernardo Silva to do this. If the intention is a private joke between mates do this on the club WhatsApp group or via messenger. Putting it out in the public forum means it can offend others. Kick it out also involved apparently.

It was a bizarre thing to post publicly, the racial stereotypes was pretty blatant to see. Supposedly he followed up with a “can’t even joke with friends” type tweet afterwards, but yes agreed he should probably leave that stuff to private messages between his mates then.

It was a bizarre thing to post publicly, the racial stereotypes was pretty blatant to see. Supposedly he followed up with a “can’t even joke with friends” type tweet afterwards, but yes agreed he should probably leave that stuff to private messages between his mates then.
I thought it was pretty funny to be honest.

If a black person made a joke about a white person looking like another white person, would that be deemed racist?

If a black person made a joke about a white person looking like another white person, would that be deemed racist?

Racism is about structures of oppression. White people have not been structurally oppressed on the basis of their skin colour, so perhaps it is discriminatory yes, but it is not the same as a white person saying that two black people lookalike because of the historical context.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a classic “what about” line of deflection that stems from white privilege. Papermate has already nailed the rest. The situations are not as comparable as you’re making them out to be.

Theres no justification for Modric (had a great 2018 but very average 2019), Marcelo (past his best) and Ramos in this team whatsoever.

Presumably votes were allocated by Instagram followers. How City didn’t have a player in the side after the year they had is beyond me. Robertson & Arnold the standout fullbacks domestically and in Europe. Could’ve gone with 2-3 forwards over Ronaldo.

I’d have gone:
Ramos => Arnold
Marcelo => Robertson
Modric => B. Silva
Ronaldo => Salah
Mbappé => Sterling (50/50 on that one)

Alisson; Arnold, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Robertson; De Jong, B. Silva, Hazard; Messi, Salah, Sterling

Xavi is and always has been a campaigner.

What a joke. Sister in laws old man was a consulting engineer over there. Huge money but lifestyle sucked. To leave he had to pretend he was just going home on a holiday rather than leaving for good. Otherwise Qatar would have talen his and his wifes passports and forced him to stay.

Must have been an eye waterong amount to sell his own country out to the human rights abusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back