The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see how he goes over the next 4-5 years. Got a long way to go until he emulates Pep. I do wonder if he will hang around for our next major rebuild which would be 4-5 years down the track. Obviously Klopp has managed underdog teams which makes success that much more difficult for him.
I’m not sure Klopp will be around that long. Lot of talk about him taking the German job maybe as soon as the next World Cup.

I’m not sure Klopp will be around that long. Lot of talk about him taking the German job maybe as soon as the next World Cup.

He's too young for the German job. I love international football but the level nowadays is well below club football. The 4 managers of the teams in the semis of the last world cup were Didier Deschamps, Zlatko Dalic, Roberto Martinez and Gareth Southgate. I think the likes of Klopp, Mourinho, Pochettino and Guardiola would only manage a national team towards the end of their careers.

Not sure where Klopp would go after Liverpool though. Maybe Barcelona or back to Dortmund? I also wonder how he will age and if he'll keep having that same drive and connection with players. Something Mourinho may have lost nowadays maybe.

FSG is cutting the Red Sox budget for next season. Will be interesting what they do with Liverpool
The summer that just went by we didn't really do anything. Adrian on a free and a couple of cheap youth signings and sold almost 40mil worth of players.

Lovren almost got sold for 15-20mil but it fell through, Clyne almost went somewhere for 15-20mil too but did his ACL so we'll probs lose him on a free next summer.

It’s just a tabloid, nothing heavy mainly light entertainment. I don’t read it anymore but I understand why people do. People don’t tend to buy papers these days anyway, hardly ever see them reading them on the tube. Don’t know how much traffic their website gets but reckon it’s dwarfed by the Mail’s. Obviously scousers are conditioned to hate the Sun which I understand
Most rational football fans are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need cash AND a good manager. Mourinho didn’t do bad at United in retrospect, just lost the players in that third season.

You need cash AND a good manager. Mourinho didn’t do bad at United in retrospect, just lost the players in that third season.
Mou getting that side 2nd looks an amazing effort in hindsight.

But Woody does sign a lot of dross.

You was only a 5-8th side for what, a five year period? Even then you managed a second place finish under Rogers and was very close to winning the league. Before that you were one of the “sky four” and won a CL, appeared in another final and for the most part finished 2-4th in the league. Liverpool had a poor spell when those Americans were in charge but they were never insignificant.

As for Pep, he built what for me was the best club football side I’ve ever seen. Barcelona from around 2008-12 played a brand of football from the God’s. I haven’t seen anything close to it really. After that he was always going to walk into the top jobs available. It’s like F1 drivers, the best drivers get the best seats. The team he’s built at City is still the standard-bearer for football in England. Maybe Klopp can usurp him this season then we can start talking whether his merits are on a par. Of course Pep does need a CL win to cement his City team as absolute legends
Think you're under selling the job Klopp had on his hands when he got here. The squad was a mess. I mean we had players like Balotelli, Borini etc... we did that one good year under Rodgers but outside of that we only qualified once for the CL in like 8 years or something. To go from that to not only qualifying for the CL but reaching back to back finals and winning it. He's done an incredible job IMO.

I just can't imagine anyone else being able to do a similar job.

I know but what is in the best interests of the players is also what happens to the game and the fans. The first priority is the fans imo

another interesting list done by the guardian. standout is camavinga for mine. great to see how varied the list is nation wise, even an australian features.

Not really sure what it's based on?

Catalin Cirjan is 16 and has signed with Arsenal from the 3rd Division in Romania...the last player we signed under the same circumstances Vlad Dragomir;

" In September 2016, The Guardian named him on a list of the 60 best young talents born in 1999. In August 2018, Dragomir announced that he would move to Italian Serie B side Perugia after the expiration of the contract at Arsenal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back