TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Just following from discussion on Europa thread, I think both euro tournaments need to be re formatted. You want group stages to be best 16. Look at current CL, a number of groups already decided. Europa group stage is boring as all hell with too many poor teams.

So CL - top 8 seeds straight into 16 team group stage

Next tier of 8 into last qualifying round.
32 teams then play knockout, top 8 join second 8 for final round of 16 knockout

Then group stage begins. Having 16 group makes far more interesting games and closer qualification battles.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Just following from discussion on Europa thread, I think both euro tournaments need to be re formatted. You want group stages to be best 16. Look at current CL, a number of groups already decided. Europa group stage is boring as all hell with too many poor teams.

So CL - top 8 seeds straight into 16 team group stage

Next tier of 8 into last qualifying round.
32 teams then play knockout, top 8 join second 8 for final round of 16 knockout

Then group stage begins. Having 16 group makes far more interesting games and closer qualification battles.
You aren’t going to like this...

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Huge win for Alaves over Real Madrid. Courtois with a massive mistake.

I reckon that Mariano is Real Madrid’s version of Jesse Lingard but even worse. Every time I watch him play, he gives me the impression that he is the worst player in Real Madrid's history. His final act of the match was to attempt an overhead kick with the defender and a teammate within a centimetre of him and he kicks the defender flush in the face. 😂

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Huge win for Alaves over Real Madrid. Courtois with a massive mistake.

I reckon that Mariano is Real Madrid’s version of Jesse Lingard but even worse. Every time I watch him play, he gives me the impression that he is the worst player in Real Madrid's history. His final act of the match was to attempt an overhead kick with the defender and a teammate within a centimetre of him and he kicks the defender flush in the face. 😂
Worse than Faubert / Gravesen? That takes some beating.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Worse than Faubert / Gravesen? That takes some beating.
Faubert a bit harsh as his history shows he only made a couple of appearances on loan. But Gravesen is a very good call, considering he was such a good player for Everton for so long.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Faubert a bit harsh as his history shows he only made a couple of appearances on loan. But Gravesen is a very good call, considering he was such a good player for Everton for so long.
Gravesen's best work at RM was the part he played in Goal 2 living the dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Roman's gotta pay for those paintings somehow ;)

(Yes, I'm aware that story about him buying The Scream was fake)

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
We have heaps of players on int duty getting COVID and getting injured in extra games. If most leagues have 5 subs during this congested pandemic ridden season, then so should the prem. Or at least cancel INT football during this pandemic.
They've only just introduced it at our level and I think it's ridiculously unfair on other teams as it makes it even easier for us.

For all Klopps whinging you're coming first so hardly impacting your campaign.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham, Real Betis
I'm not sure this is on topic or off topic.

Are footballers more religious than the rest of us? There's a lot of them that enter the field by touching the grass then crossing themselves a few times. There's a lot of pointing at the sky after they score a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad