The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
source.gif

Okay dropping it. Sick of talking about it. Not personally offended by differing opinions about my posts. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, and I should have not brought up the recent allegations against KC (in hindsight)

I have been to several W League Games involving Melbourne City and big supporter of equal pay for the Matildas and US Soccer Teams (Megan Rapione is someone I highly respect)

Finally don't tar the rest of Leeds fans with my own brand of controversial opinions.

My passion for the club sometimes gets the best of me, since we got relegated from the Premier League in 04; it's been a very rough time.

Happy New Year to you all.
Top 10 GOAT

Pretty grey area for sure.

You might think I am only saying this as a United supporter but I do believe Cavani when he says there was no racist intent with his social media post. He just doesn’t come across as the type of character to be malicious in that way. This is the one PSG player who didn’t get involved with his teammates mocking Haaland and was standing off in a corner by himself after PSG knocked Dortmund out of the Champions League. To go from that to being racist towards a new teammate? I don’t buy that he meant any harm behind his post and reckon he should get the benefit of the doubt after his explanation of the situation.

You might think I am only saying this as a United supporter but I do believe Cavani when he says there was no racist intent with his social media post. He just doesn’t come across as the type of character to be malicious in that way. This is the one PSG player who didn’t get involved with his teammates mocking Haaland and was standing off in a corner by himself after PSG knocked Dortmund out of the Champions League. To go from that to being racist towards a new teammate? I don’t buy that he meant any harm behind his post and reckon he should get the benefit of the doubt after his explanation of the situation.

The harm was racial offense it caused to others on social media, not the recipient of the message itself.

Bernardo Silva tried the same argument when he was banned for his racist social media post. Also, these things aren't happening in the heat of the moment. Both players had time to think about it before pressing the send button. There isnt really an excuse here; keep your jokes that may cause racial offense to a private whatsapp or facebook chat group.

The harm was racial offense it caused to others on social media, not the recipient of the message itself.

Bernardo Silva tried the same argument when he was banned for his racist social media post. Also, these things aren't happening in the heat of the moment. Both players had time to think about it before pressing the send button. There isnt really an excuse here; keep your jokes that may cause racial offense to a private whatsapp or facebook chat group.

That’s true. The FA had their hands tied, so they had to ban Cavani.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back