The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think more to the point, no one but Tottenham fans actually gave a s**t.
It was annoying until they finally showed up and then we laughed and laughed

I wonder if Arteta's chat with Holding pre and post game will be shown

Watched eps 4, 5, and 6 of Arsenal All or Nothing.

Auba looks like he checked out after the big contract. Arteta wasn't having any of it. Saka during Christmas gave presents to the staff, Gabriel wanted one and said he'll be a bootstudder. Ramsdale wants a car for Christmas and the physio says "Santa's gonna need a big sleigh for that one".

There was a bit more tactical stuff, like how the centre backs need to spread out when the keeper has the ball, then come back together after. And a bit about Arsenal's defensive shape when when the oppo has the ball, the CB's too far apart, allowing for some easy forward runs though the middle.

Also Lacazette looking at clips of Benzema's running patterns, coach talking about getting back onside quickly could result in a chance at goal.

Arteta had COVID and is on Zoom before the City game doing the team talk, players pissed after the game that the ref gave a pen after Bernardo dives, Gabriel with pure stupidity getting 2 yellows quickly as well.

Way too many times where Arsenal are down to 10 men in games, Just like in the league cup semi, Xhaka fly kicks Jota on the counter. The day after at training the players are arguing with Xhaka about it. Xhaka says something like "No defender is behind me, I have to make that run back, if I don't make the foul, it's 1-0. So thank me!"

Later Arteta's kids are in the backyard playing, one of his kids is playing as a keeper, Arteta pops out to play and tells his kid "the camera is on, so don't save this, it will make me look good!"

Reliving the Arsenal/Wolves 2-1 game was fantastic, crowd was going nuts.

I think more to the point, no one but Tottenham fans actually gave a s**t.
It's the only thing I was possibly going to watch for the series so I'm annoyed. Oh the postponement, the rescheduled game and the Newcastle game. Wonder if those 2 results will get any time

It's the only thing I was possibly going to watch for the series so I'm annoyed. Oh the postponement, the rescheduled game and the Newcastle game. Wonder if those 2 results will get any time

Lol why? Weird thing to watch a show for.

Lol why? Weird thing to watch a show for.
I was wanting to see how sick and injured they were to ask for the game to be moved and the reasoning for sending 2 players out on loan during an injury and illness crisis

Wishful thinking to get a real peak behind the curtain. I know first hand how selective they were in our series

Watched eps 4, 5, and 6 of Arsenal All or Nothing.

Auba looks like he checked out after the big contract. Arteta wasn't having any of it. Saka during Christmas gave presents to the staff, Gabriel wanted one and said he'll be a bootstudder. Ramsdale wants a car for Christmas and the physio says "Santa's gonna need a big sleigh for that one".

There was a bit more tactical stuff, like how the centre backs need to spread out when the keeper has the ball, then come back together after. And a bit about Arsenal's defensive shape when when the oppo has the ball, the CB's too far apart, allowing for some easy forward runs though the middle.

Also Lacazette looking at clips of Benzema's running patterns, coach talking about getting back onside quickly could result in a chance at goal.

Arteta had COVID and is on Zoom before the City game doing the team talk, players pissed after the game that the ref gave a pen after Bernardo dives, Gabriel with pure stupidity getting 2 yellows quickly as well.

Way too many times where Arsenal are down to 10 men in games, Just like in the league cup semi, Xhaka fly kicks Jota on the counter. The day after at training the players are arguing with Xhaka about it. Xhaka says something like "No defender is behind me, I have to make that run back, if I don't make the foul, it's 1-0. So thank me!"

Later Arteta's kids are in the backyard playing, one of his kids is playing as a keeper, Arteta pops out to play and tells his kid "the camera is on, so don't save this, it will make me look good!"

Reliving the Arsenal/Wolves 2-1 game was fantastic, crowd was going nuts.
I said after eps 1-3 that Aubameyang came across as an utter a-hole. And don't doubt that he is one, a very narcissistic and self absorbed cretin. But watching eps 4-6 have made me wonder if it is so one sided as they're making out.

The January window exchanges seems to angle the narrative towards him being exiled and sanctioned in December (rightly so) and then Vinai and Edu trying to bring him back into the mix but it being untenable as his relationship with Arteta was beyond repair. Ok fair enough, but surely there are things he can feel aggrieved at but are omitted from the final cut. It surely couldn't have been that one sided.

Thought it was convenient to portray it as all happening at the very last minute and they did good business merely getting rid of him and his wages. When in reality they left out that they'd been trying all month for Vlahovic and failed, and that failure led to the falling short that we should see in eps 7-9. They seem to have made a clear decision to steer clear of that.

I did enjoy the reaction to losing to Forest in the cup. Could tell that Arteta was proud of the history the gunners have in the competition and was disgusted at their limp-wristed exit so early in the draw.
Wishful thinking to get a real peak behind the curtain. I know first hand how selective they were in our series
Yeah but that's likely just boring crap that makes Levy look bad that really only interests a minute section of fans who still have an axe to grind. Like you.

I was wanting to see how sick and injured they were to ask for the game to be moved and the reasoning for sending 2 players out on loan during an injury and illness crisis

I can see the logic. Don’t know why he’s getting hate.

Seems a bit of a weird obsession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess because it's a football documentary not a medical documentary.
Yeah but he just wants to see if their was any perspective from Arsenal that could have provided more insight. I don’t think he’s sitting there being upset about it - just curious.

Yeah but he just wants to see if their was any perspective from Arsenal that could have provided more insight. I don’t think he’s sitting there being upset about it - just curious.

He's saying he won't watch it because that's all he wanted to see. I wouldn't mind seeing more than we got but it wasn't the make or break that it was for him.

I said after eps 1-3 that Aubameyang came across as an utter a-hole. And don't doubt that he is one, a very narcissistic and self absorbed cretin. But watching eps 4-6 have made me wonder if it is so one sided as they're making out.

The January window exchanges seems to angle the narrative towards him being exiled and sanctioned in December (rightly so) and then Vinai and Edu trying to bring him back into the mix but it being untenable as his relationship with Arteta was beyond repair. Ok fair enough, but surely there are things he can feel aggrieved at but are omitted from the final cut. It surely couldn't have been that one sided.

Thought it was convenient to portray it as all happening at the very last minute and they did good business merely getting rid of him and his wages. When in reality they left out that they'd been trying all month for Vlahovic and failed, and that failure led to the falling short that we should see in eps 7-9. They seem to have made a clear decision to steer clear of that.

I did enjoy the reaction to losing to Forest in the cup. Could tell that Arteta was proud of the history the gunners have in the competition and was disgusted at their limp-wristed exit so early in the draw.

Yeah but that's likely just boring crap that makes Levy look bad that really only interests a minute section of fans who still have an axe to grind. Like you.
With the Jan window bit, they did have random people constantly mentioning that nobody has replaced Auba, and criticising the club about it.

I noticed on the white board in the director of football’s office he has a teamsheet with names of players on magnets and a depth chart and nobody was up top at all.

The way I saw it with Auba, is Barca knew Arsenal were trying to get rid but still made Arsenal sweat on the deal to the last minute, a lot of transfers go to the wire. Liverpool had a Jan deal (Carvalho) that missed the deadline by minutes for example. Arsenal were just relieved that this problem was sorted, if he came back, that issue would still be festering at the club.

He's saying he won't watch it because that's all he wanted to see. I wouldn't mind seeing more than we got but it wasn't the make or break that it was for him.
I have no interest in their club and players so it's the only real part I wanted to see. Personally I don't care for what Saka eats or what skincare products Ben White might use.

I've seen enough of these to know how a football club is portrayed. For a club I can't stand I've got no real time for it. But in no series so far has there been a club beg for a postponement so that would have been something new and interesting to see.

I have no interest in their club and players so it's the only real part I wanted to see. Personally I don't care for what Saka eats or what skincare products Ben White might use.

Don't think either of those topics are covered so you might be ok. Weirdly there's actually quite a lot of coverage of them playing football matches.

I find it fascinating that one would wilfully choose to consume a couple of hours content specifically related to a club you can't stand, or don't care about etc.

Isn't he saying he isn't doing that?

I find it fascinating that one would wilfully choose to consume a couple of hours content specifically related to a club you can't stand, or don't care about etc.
That's my point. I'd only watch episodes that relate to our postponement or the failures that arsenal had at the end of the season

Don't think either of those topics are covered so you might be ok. Weirdly there's actually quite a lot of coverage of them playing football matches.
I have even less care for their nice stories around football matches than I do Ben White's skincare regime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back