Discussion The Parlous State of SFA Match Threads.

Are SFA match threads at an all time low?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a fantasy football league— not a real life meet up.

“Coming together, enjoying a few drinks and unwinding” sounds like something you should do with your real life friends & family— not on a text based online community.

I hate when people bring their real life into the SFA.
I have an amazing life, hence am happy to bring that to the SFA.

One fix for mine would be the removal of anyone unable to correctly use apostrophes. We need grown-ups that are capable of proper grammar.
What if Im able, but dont?

Agree with those who are bored with interminable beer discussions. The Club Room has a Friday Night beer thread that is a good innovation. It should absorb some of the slops.

Most of the threads I read are healthy. There are heaps of posting styles, some genuinely funny interchanges and quizzes.

Those who recruited children on their lists have paid the penalty. My answer is to delist them and to find adults or just run a list with a vacancy or two. Every team should refuse to recruit Pickitt ImissFrosty
Who hurt you horace

I 100 percent agree with Tony Lynn 15 on this. The match threads have become no better than facestation and instafame.
I blame the “new breed” of overly sensitive, woke, whining, fragile cry babies, and the influence they’ve had on moderating.

The Bombers have been doing the same work we’ve done for ten seasons. Same aggressive style, same pushing of boundaries, same antagonistic approach.
However, it’s only been the last couple of seasons where we had times that fielding a side was touch and go due to all the suspensions.

I joined the SFA to banter brutally and ferociously. To mirror real footy, where it’s kill or be killed, and then the siren sounds and everyone shakes hands.

The BRAB vs TheCoach16 battles, and others similar to those rivalries were harsh, cruel even. But boy did generate excitement and activity, and incredible match threads.

It’s gone now, because the slightest hint of someone’s feelings being hurt results in suspension.
You don’t have to like something for it to become your “normal”, and unfortunately, boring, dull, and impotent posting has become our normal.

Go to any page on this thread and tell me it doesn't read exactly like our modern day match threads do.

This thread was necessary back then as grovelling over female posters and pretending to drink alcohol was banned from Match threads.

Once Ant Bear became admin, uncle Tony's house moved in to prime time and the rest is history.

You created this Tony

Go to any page on this thread and tell me it doesn't read exactly like our modern day match threads do.

This thread was necessary back then as grovelling over female posters and pretending to drink alcohol was banned from Match threads.

Once Ant Bear became admin, uncle Tony's house moved in to prime time and the rest is history.

You created this Tony

What a CV. Hall of Fame me now!

I 100 percent agree with Tony Lynn 15 on this. The match threads have become no better than facestation and instafame.
I blame the “new breed” of overly sensitive, woke, whining, fragile cry babies, and the influence they’ve had on moderating.

The Bombers have been doing the same work we’ve done for ten seasons. Same aggressive style, same pushing of boundaries, same antagonistic approach.
However, it’s only been the last couple of seasons where we had times that fielding a side was touch and go due to all the suspensions.

I joined the SFA to banter brutally and ferociously. To mirror real footy, where it’s kill or be killed, and then the siren sounds and everyone shakes hands.

The BRAB vs TheCoach16 battles, and others similar to those rivalries were harsh, cruel even. But boy did generate excitement and activity, and incredible match threads.

It’s gone now, because the slightest hint of someone’s feelings being hurt results in suspension.
You don’t have to like something for it to become your “normal”, and unfortunately, boring, dull, and impotent posting has become our normal.
Less Sky News After Dark for you old chap.

Lol

What rubbish

We mod by the site rules, not soley by what others report/complain about. Smut and discriminatory banter has ALWAYS been against site rules. If you think that homophobic, racist, sexist banter should be ok, that is on you and no one else.

No one has ever been banned for aggressive banter as long as it doesn't cross a line.

Also, the revisionist history with BRAB is hilarious. From memory, you used to sook and wine about him constantly. Spare us the faux tough guy routine.

Lol

What rubbish

We mod by the site rules, not just by what others report/complain about. Smut and discriminatory banter has ALWAYS been against site rules. If you think that homophobic, racist, sexist banter should be ok, that is on you and no one else.

No one has ever been banned for aggressive banter as long as it doesn't cross a line.

Also, the revisionist history with BRAB is hilarious. From memory, you used to sook and wine about him constantly. Spare us the faux tough guy routine.

Booooooooooo!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you read the discussion between TL15 and I, it's not about when in the week people are capable of posting quality banter ( I for one think banter is better earlier in the week and straight up mediocre on Friday & Saturdays), it's the length of a match thread.

We don't need 5-6 days in a match thread with another team, it gets drawn out and there's nothing new to add.

A 4 day match thread would be sufficient and more enjoyable in my opinion.

However-- unlike TL15, I think match threads should start at the same time and end on Friday afternoons/evenings.

You are incapable of reading and comprehending. We currently finish a match thread on a Sunday night only for the next one to start the very next day. There is no time for it to breathe. No time for some banter in the results thread or for media. Posters start off like a steam train yet come Friday and Saturday there are tumbleweeds.
Far too smart for our exalted leader.

Lol

What rubbish

We mod by the site rules, not soley by what others report/complain about. Smut and discriminatory banter has ALWAYS been against site rules. If you think that homophobic, racist, sexist banter should be ok, that is on you and no one else.

I’d tell you exactly how you mod, but I’d hate to hurt your feelings.

I watch replays of Judge Judy at night, you has been.

I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. Don’t hate me, beez .
Did you know that all that s**t is actually legally binding and the plaintiffs/defendants who go on the show get their costs covered if they lose? What a sweet ******* deal. So next time you bash in a few car windows after a 10 goal loss, just go on Judge Judy and you won't have to pay squat.

Did you know that all that sh*t is actually legally binding and the plaintiffs/defendants who go on the show get their costs covered if they lose? What a sweet ******* deal. So next time you bash in a few car windows after a 10 goal loss, just go on Judge Judy and you won't have to pay squat.

What if squat was the complainant and you lost?

Did you know that all that sh*t is actually legally binding and the plaintiffs/defendants who go on the show get their costs covered if they lose? What a sweet ******* deal. So next time you bash in a few car windows after a 10 goal loss, just go on Judge Judy and you won't have to pay squat.
Of course I know that! I’ve been watching Judge Judy since it was Legal Clerk Judy.

Back