Solved The Peter Falconio Disappearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you know if this person was ever identified?
Possibly?

Police have charged a Gold Coast man with murder following the discovery of a skeleton in a bush grave eight years ago.

Darren John Britza was found buried under a bridge at Biddadaba Road in Boyland, on the Gold Coast hinterland by two fishermen who stumbled across his remains in March 2008.

Do you know if this person was ever identified?
Apparently his name was Darren Britza and the court cases regarding this were quite bizarre, he was described as possibly being a English Tourist going by clothing he wore etc but I can't find any reference to him even being overseas.

Yeah there’s a chance he’s innocent, but I highly, highly doubt it. The DNA nails him for me. Not buying the Red Rooster DNA transfer story.

And he’s a violent bastard who just happened to be in the area and come into contact with them. People like to mythologise Wolf Creek and the mystery nutters roaming the outback killing, but none of it is real - there’s nothing and nobody out there.

The jury got it right imho.
On balance of probabilities yeah he's guilty. But the dna evidence was the case. Lees' evidence was unreliable to say the least.

If he isn't guilty, then there's a killer probably still roaming around. Although he could be past it by now. Unless he started young.

I didn't even know Murdoch went to red rooster.

On balance of probabilities yeah he's guilty. But the dna evidence was the case. Lees' evidence was unreliable to say the least.

If he isn't guilty, then there's a killer probably still roaming around. Although he could be past it by now. Unless he started young.

I didn't even know Murdoch went to red rooster.
In the book, in an interview with the author before the Red Rooster story became convenient, Murdoch said the blood must have came from a T Shirt this Hepi character had collected from him, and he often cut himself while working.

An even stranger story than the Red Rooster story, who collects and keeps shirts from their friends? Maybe you’d keep it to give back, or discard and forget about it amongst your other trash. But who’d keep such things ready to go in case some investigation occurred in the future?

In the book, in an interview with the author before the Red Rooster story became convenient, Murdoch said the blood must have came from a T Shirt this Hepi character had collected from him, and he often cut himself while working.

An even stranger story than the Red Rooster story, who collects and keeps shirts from their friends? Maybe you’d keep it to give back, or discard and forget about it amongst your other trash. But who’d keep such things ready to go in case some investigation occurred in the future?
The dna is really all they had. Lees' evidence was unreliable and there is no body. Knowing three people off the top of my head that the cops have fitted up for murder in Perth over the years has left me with some scepticism of the police. Sorry for the conspiracy theory.

The dna is really all they had. Lees' evidence was unreliable and there is no body. Knowing three people off the top of my head that the cops have fitted up for murder in Perth over the years has left me with some scepticism of the police. Sorry for the conspiracy theory.
No dude conspiracy theories are fine, and it is a weird case.
I’m just relaying to the book as mentioned in the OP.

I do find the gang in here from the I love Murdoch seperate fan site funny though.

What a conspiracy, Police commissioner from the NT supports legislation regarding parole conditions regarding missing bodies,
Police officer who leads a successful case gets a promotion.
Who would have thunk any of these things could have ever happened lol.

Like I said, really weird case, but obviously Cop haters are going to get involved, and soil everything up.

You personally know three people who were falsely accused of murder?

Im in my 40s and dont know of anyone accused of murder.

The hair band found in BMs vehicle that JL identified as hers.

Were there any DNA tests done on that prior to any ID? In my experience those things are a great gatherer of hair, therefore should have still contained remnants from its user.

I know a bunch of people accused of murder but, to be fair, I did work in a prison. Ouside of that, I only know one person. And he stuck a knife in his mum's boyfriend's throat while on a meth binge, so I'm pretty sure the accusation is fair!

Wow, just did a bit of googling. He was found "not guilty of murder by reason of mental incompetence"! Jebus, helps to have good lawyers and the right background!

The hair band found in BMs vehicle that JL identified as hers.

Were there any DNA tests done on that prior to any ID? In my experience those things are a great gatherer of hair, therefore should have still contained remnants from its user.

As the weakest piece of physical evidence in the case, I really don't understand all the excitement of proof around the hairband to where Colleen Gwynne NT Police said 'I knew he was guilty when I showed Murdoch the hairband and he recoiled.' Bizarre.

So weird was that I'm suspicious that the DNA they got elsewhere was less than trustworthy, or why place so much importance on a hairband where there's no DNA, just Joanne saying it was hers?

How does she know it was hers? I've got long hair and lose dozens of them every year maybe hundreds. I couldn't identify one years later as mine.

Did you do all three murders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said personally know. Even if I maybe should have said know of, that's a hell of conclusion to jump to.

Lees and Falconio took a detour to Sedan during their brief travel through SA enroute to Darwin, there is nothing for British Tourists to see in Sedan, why go there?
Murdoch and Hepi sourced their weed from Sedan, Murdoch often stayed at the Highway 1 caravan Park at Boliver, I believe Lees and Falconio stayed at the Highway 1 caravan park in Boliver.
For Murdoch to have been travelling in the same vicinity as Lees and Falconio they must have left Adelaide around the same time.
So they stay at the same place, travel to the same non-descript town of Sedan and depart for the same outback junction of Alice Springs at the same time and end up part of one of the most notorious crimes in Australian history, yet they didnt know each other, please.

Murdoch's DNA was on Lees and the Kombi because he was their handler during the run and kept the Kombi moving.
Something went down enroute and PF/JL tried to make a run for it, some suggest it was 'Shifty Pete' up to his shifty ways and tried to steal the drugs, I believe they we're a part of an imminent drug bust, realised the situation and tried to get out of it.

I dont believe BM pulled the trigger but he was there and they we're his responsibility, so he was left to clean up the mess and eventually through DNA took the rap.

Last edited:
Lees and Falconio took a detour to Sedan during their brief travel through SA enroute to Darwin, there is nothing for British Tourists to see in Sedan, why go there?
Murdoch and Hepi sourced their weed from Sedan, Murdoch often stayed at the Highway 1 caravan Park at Boliver, I believe Lees and Falconio stayed at the Highway 1 caravan park in Boliver.
For Murdoch to have been travelling in the same vicinity as Lees and Falconio they must have left Adelaide around the same time.
So they stay at the same place, travel to the same non-descript town of Sedan and depart for the same outback junction of Alice Springs at the same time and end up part of one of the most notorious crimes in Australian history, yet they didnt know each other, please.
Is this in a brief of evidence or source?

Quick look only has Murdoch and Hepi at Sedan

Is this in a brief of evidence or source?

Quick look only has Murdoch and Hepi at Sedan

I've read so much on this case over the years that who wrote what is hard to recall without going over it all again but im 99% sure there is reference to missing kilometers from the log being exactly that of a trip to Sedan in Robin Bowles book.
As none of the players have admitted knowing each other its hardly surprising that no mention of PF/JL going to Sedan is in the official reports.

If my theory of what happened is correct and they we're being watched by the police its hardly surprising that once PF was murdered the Police distanced themselves and their reason for being there from the case and created a narrative where BM just happened upon them during his travels, killed Pete to get access to JL and during that encounter the DNA he was convicted on was deposited.

I've read so much on this case over the years that who wrote what is hard to recall without going over it all again but im 99% sure there is reference to missing kilometers from the log being exactly that of a trip to Sedan in Robin Bowles book.
As none of the players have admitted knowing each other its hardly surprising that no mention of PF/JL going to Sedan is in the official reports.

If my theory of what happened is correct and they we're being watched by the police its hardly surprising that once PF was murdered the Police distanced themselves and their reason for being there from the case and created a narrative where BM just happened upon them during his travels, killed Pete to get access to JL and during that encounter the DNA he was convicted on was deposited.
I think the missing 12km in the book referenced the burial site from the scene by some clairvoyant, not Sedan.

Last edited:
John Button, Daryl Beamish and Andrew Mallard. In the Mallard case, if the cops had done their job the real murderer might have been arrested before he murdered someone else.
Fair enough but that's 3 cases in 50ish years. And with modern investigative techniques I think incorrect convictions are less common.

I think the missing 12km in the book referenced the burial site from the scene by some clairvoyant, not Sedan.
Those missing k's we're the log against the k's on the odometer when it was found, the missing k's im talking about we're prior to departing for AS and matched a trip from Boliver to Sedan which is much more than a 12km round trip.
Just wish I could remember which book or article I read it in and provide the source.

Those missing k's we're the log against the k's on the odometer when it was found, the missing k's im talking about we're prior to departing for AS and matched a trip from Boliver to Sedan which is much more than a 12km round trip.
Just wish I could remember which book or article I read it in and provide the source.
Ok.
I’ve started reading the book in the OP again, it’s pretty thorough so hopefully the Redan kms are mentioned.
I’m half way through, the 6kn there 6km back has been mentioned, so hopefully the speedometer stuff gets mentioned again regarding Redan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back