The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Complains about every call. I still think Golden State as a whole are worse though. They literally complain the whole game.

Don't think I have watched Russ without seeing him complain for more than 3 - 4 minutes. Quite literally letting his team mates down not getting back on D

Is Russel Westbrook the biggest flog in the NBA right now?

Absolute sook and tosser of the highest regard
He is incredibly unlikable when watching him isn't he

Jonah Bolden :p...wonder if they 76ers are regretting stashing him in the Euro League...

I’ve a friend (who happens to be in our league, Shiv) who is a pretty great evaluator of talent. I don’t know how he does it. He’s been on to Jonah for the longest time. Really feels like he has draymond type potential, a jack of all trades but with better shooting. He thinks he has potential superstar talent and he isn’t an Aussie/6er homer. Can’t wait to see him next year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonah Bolden :p...wonder if they 76ers are regretting stashing him in the Euro League...
It would have been nice, I think he's going to be a real nice fit but delaying his contract starting for another year will probably be really useful down the track.

Doing something for someone like Ilyasova and bringing him back at the deadline for the rest of the season might be useful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flatly against any more stop-gap options like Ilyasova - who is defining average in Atlanta - especially considering you'd have to throw in a high-end 2nd rounder in that as well, and those are exactly the type of picks we should be stockpiling. Not to mention the glut of one-dimensional bigs we already have. Unless you're throwing a Bayless in there as well.

Gotta be impressed with what they're doing without Redick. The TLC & Anderson stuff seems unsustainable, and came down a notch today, but it's the kind of bench production that you want to see, especially from the young guys. In reality we should be getting that from Bayless, but haven't, aside from a small stretch at the start of the year.

Last year I wasn't down for Ilyasova or any rental types, but I think it's much more helpful to try and find some shooting as a rental to try and win a series this year and actually put Ben and Jo in a position to get good playoff experience and win a series. Preferably it would be in something to rid us of Bayless as well but we have potentially 5 picks this year if the Lakers pick conveys with 3 seconds, two seconds next season, 4 seconds in 2020 and two in 2021... Especially as it pertains to this years picks it's either we do something with them or they're getting sold considering we are going to save roster spots and cap to be aggressive in free agency as well as likely bringing Boldon over.

Last year I wasn't down for Ilyasova or any rental types, but I think it's much more helpful to try and find some shooting as a rental to try and win a series this year and actually put Ben and Jo in a position to get good playoff experience and win a series. Preferably it would be in something to rid us of Bayless as well but we have potentially 5 picks this year if the Lakers pick conveys with 3 seconds, two seconds next season, 4 seconds in 2020 and two in 2021... Especially as it pertains to this years picks it's either we do something with them or they're getting sold considering we are going to save roster spots and cap to be aggressive in free agency as well as likely bringing Boldon over.

Atlanta will want a pick that's destined to be in the 30s, which this year only will likely be the Brooklyn pick, maybe the Knicks pick. I'm against trading those type of picks considering the insane value that they have.

But even then, Ilyasova fits the bill of guy who will come in and impress, but eventually regress to the point of inconsistency, which is his Atlanta season so far. Plus, how are we dealing rotations in the frontcourt, and how much are we sacrificing Dario's game for Ersan to be successful, given that the reason he was traded was to give Saric more playing time.

Indifferent to what it means regarding playoffs, but I don't think he'll be the difference if we land the 6-8 spot, and I think our guys are just fine if we hit any higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back