Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the vfl match vs Frankston.
We focus on the afl rebuild but in reality it's also happening with the NB's. There are some quite young stock down there that need work, apart from the afl listed guys, that may also come on. Even if we bring on a couple. It all helps add to the depth that we need to support the decade of domination to come.

Positive that we're getting games into younger players, sooner than what may have been planned for and positive for a win today.

Would much sooner not be in a position to ask for a PP at years end, nor to be in he hunt for Lukosius.
Give us half a dozen win-against-the-odds games and a clear vision for anyone being courted by the CFC, that we are worth coming to.

Real positive for me was the contribution and class of the younger players today. Dow Charlie SPS McKay Fisher O'Brien Garlett Lang all showed moments of class and poise that made them look better than most out there. They will get so much out of this win.

Just more evidence we are well on the right track and the club is well run.

We can now add Essendon to the list of clubs in which we are closer to a flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it when a guy I gave up on as being any part of the building of this team (Lamb v Gold Coast), works on his game after being dropped and weeks later shows me things I expected and wanted to see when we got him. Real bonus Lamb played so well yesterday. I mean we already knew he could get in head of opposition players and mentally tip them over the edge. That I always liked but what I wanted way more was for him to impact the scoreboard. Yesterday he finally did. What I liked most was his awareness in traffic how to turn others inside out and give the ball to others in better spots to kick the goals. He might have kicked only 2 himself but probably set up 3 more. Beautiful game Jed. My favourite moment 24 minutes into third quarter on wing. That is what I love to see. Keep it up mate and I was wrong to write you off. He can have a 100 game career with club and part of our 17th premiership if he makes this a part of his game from week to week. Well done Jed!!!!

Everyone played their part. How good was Lang's goal in the 1st 30 seconds?
Team is very gelled and supportive of each other, even when mistakes happen.
Definitely all on the same page. This is pretty important when going through tough times.
Even Dwayne's commentary didn't s**t me.

I like it when a guy I gave up on as being any part of the building of this team (Lamb v Gold Coast), works on his game after being dropped and weeks later shows me things I expected and wanted to see when we got him. Real bonus Lamb played so well yesterday. I mean we already knew he could get in head of opposition players and mentally tip them over the edge. That I always liked but what I wanted way more was for him to impact the scoreboard. Yesterday he finally did. What I liked most was his awareness in traffic how to turn others inside out and give the ball to others in better spots to kick the goals. He might have kicked only 2 himself but probably set up 3 more. Beautiful game Jed. My favourite moment 24 minutes into third quarter on wing. That is what I love to see. Keep it up mate and I was wrong to write you off. He can have a 100 game career with club and part of our 17th premiership if he makes this a part of his game from week to week. Well done Jed!!!!
When that happened on the wing I was so sure it was fisher. I even raves about it afterwards. Until I watched the highlights and noticed the kick came from jed. The kid will come good just as we rise. Every time we play well I find it very difficult who we can delist in 2019. JGM, Lebois, ASOS, then who? Slim pickings.

I think Cripps might be a genuine Brownlow chance. Even in our dire situation he's the leading contested ball winner in the comp and is third in clearances, and you'd think that would stand out to the umpires. It depends how the individual umpires feel about giving votes to a losing player, but he's got a decent argument that he's been in the best 3 players in almost every game Carlton has played this season. I can only think of 1 where maybe his colours were really lowered. Now whether the umpires will give him votes (or if they do more than 1 as the team lost) in a losing team is another question.

I know I'm biased, but based on the games I've seen I believe he's nearly BOG every week even though we lose.

I think Cripps might be a genuine Brownlow chance. Even in our dire situation he's the leading contested ball winner in the comp and is third in clearances, and you'd think that would stand out to the umpires. It depends how the individual umpires feel about giving votes to a losing player, but he's got a decent argument that he's been in the best 3 players in almost every game Carlton has played this season. I can only think of 1 where maybe his colours were really lowered. Now whether the umpires will give him votes (or if they do more than 1 as the team lost) in a losing team is another question.

I know I'm biased, but based on the games I've seen I believe he's nearly BOG every week even though we lose.

Consistency wise the only guy that matches Cripps to this point in the season is Fyfe.

Mitchell has had some huge games, but some quitet ones too.
Martin has been well down on his usual.
Dangerield and Selwood also well down on his usual.

If he keeps it up theres no reason he cant get 1 or 2 votes in most games hes played, however highly unlikes to get 3 votes with all these losses.

Just realised Brock McLean and Simon White work in my building. I’ll speak to them about a cameo and report back.

Consistency wise the only guy that matches Cripps to this point in the season is Fyfe.

Mitchell has had some huge games, but some quitet ones too.
Martin has been well down on his usual.
Dangerield and Selwood also well down on his usual.
With Mitchell there's always the question about his effectiveness and how damaging his disposals are. Look at the weekend, 46 disposals in a 10 goal loss, hardly say he was match shaping despite the gaudy numbers. It depends what the umpires view on that is.

Agreed with the other guys all having relatively down years it would be a fair chance for Cripps if we could win or be close in a few more.

If he keeps it up theres no reason he cant get 1 or 2 votes in most games hes played, however highly unlikes to get 3 votes with all these losses.
That's his biggest issue unfortunately. Hard to get 3s in losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back