Mega Thread The POST 2016 SEASON Buckley Coaching Discussion Thread (Latest: not much happening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further dismissals are expected with calls for the club to consider bringing Neil Balme from Collingwood to mentor the less experienced Richardson.
Balme has been demoted by Collingwood and both him and the Magpies list manager Derek Hine have been left disenchanted with the appointment of Graeme Allan to the role of director of football — a move the club bosses had denied to themwould happen after Allan returned to the Magpies in May.

From The Age article reporting on all ass coaches leaving Richmond.

Further dismissals are expected with calls for the club to consider bringing Neil Balme from Collingwood to mentor the less experienced Richardson.
Balme has been demoted by Collingwood and both him and the Magpies list manager Derek Hine have been left disenchanted with the appointment of Graeme Allan to the role of director of football

Now i know why things hav been going pear shaped at pieland

Last edited:

williamarthurward110212.jpg

quote-Francis-Parker-Yockey-if-pessimism-is-despair-optimism-is-cowardice-36865.png

Apologies on behalf of the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki for not taking their opportunities. Harry Truman FFS.
And the people of Pearl Harbour say hi

Balme has been demoted by Collingwood and both him and the Magpies list manager Derek Hine have been left disenchanted with the appointment of Graeme Allan to the role of director of football — a move the club bosses had denied to themwould happen after Allan returned to the Magpies in May.

Haha remember the club telling us all Gubby was coming in for the womens team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which means what? Your justifying the dropping of nuclear bombs because of your childish posting of internet memes?
wrong thread, different times

Not being negative being realistic
optimism-pessimism-realism.jpg
I love that one.

There is a line in yes minister:

Hacker: Humphrey you're a cynic
Sir Humphrey: ah, cynic, that's what an idealist calls a realist

No, what was it?
This followed earlier admissions by Buckley on SEN’s The Coaches Box.

Buckley had said “It’s a high performance sport and high performance expectations and if you don’t win, you don’t stay.”

SEN’s Cameron Mooney asked Buckley, “Can you realistically say you will be there at the end of next year if you don’t make the finals?”

The coach replied “Oh, there’s no way.”

Then asked whether it was that clear cut, Buckley said “I would have thought that. Is it saying something that someone else doesn’t think? In the end I know, we know, that we are on the hook.”

Speaking at half time of tonight’s game on Fox Footy, McGuire tried to hose down the Buckley comments.

“Well I think what he said there was pretty straight forward,” McGuire said. “It’s a results driven industry.

“You judge the season on what’s presented, not necessarily on the win-loss. It depends on how the season goes, where the club’s going, if it’s hitting the targets it needs to, if it gets injury problems – you have got to take all that into account.

“(Buckley’s tenure) is the last thing on our mind, hasn’t even been brought up. Let’s get the Gold Coast out of the way this week and Hawthorn next week and get stuck into season 2017.

“As Nathan said, if the wins come, it’s academic.”

McGuire was then asked by co-commentator Dermott Brereton when the Collingwood football department believed the list would peak.

McGuire responded: “Not so much peak. We thought we would do well this year. We had some injuries. Other things might have derailed the season as well. We weren’t good enough.

“We want to be doing it next year – in the next couple of years. Who’s got the magic wand? Who knows? You’ve got to speak to Neil Balme, you’ve got to speak to the coach.

“He’s put himself under pressure, Bucks, because he is too honest at times.

“Shouldn’t even be answering that question at this stage of the game. Just don’t say anything.

“It’s not in my mind, it’s not in the board’s mind. No-one’s even thinking about it and neither should he.

“But he was asked the question and he answered it. Good on him for answering. Not even a story, that one.”

But despite McGuire’s stonewalling, the Buckley tenure will continue to bubble along as a story especially of the Magpies don’t fire in the opening weeks of 2017.

Footy Classified said they were going to discuss the big changes at Collingwood , so I kept watching and.........................nothing :rolleyes:

EDIT - found the little snippet on their Twitter feed of Barrett. Wasn't broadcast on 9Now live that I was watching. Unless they put me to sleep for a minute.

Footy Classified said they were going to discuss the big changes at Collingwood , so I kept watching and.........................nothing :rolleyes:

EDIT - found the little snippet on their Twitter feed of Barrett. Wasn't broadcast on 9Now live that I was watching. Unless they put me to sleep for a minute.
typical

Re: Eddies comments about Buckley putting extra pressure on himself by being to honest by having to make finals next year. I don't think Bucks really cares about media speculation about his job security. He is a competitive beast and I have no doubt his own expectations and self applied pressure is higher then what those in the media have and can apply.

Shades of Geelong 06 about this one. Different times I know, someone just needs to tell Buckley to focus on a gameplan that works circa Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn not the press crap. And coach and coach only. Tactics and footy only. Have someone else work with the players non footy related training mid week and massage their ego. Buckley is a good coach and brilliant list builder and under stander of footy and trends but a God awful man manager. So have someone else do that.

Well done on having a balanced opinion. I think your pretty close to the mark. Balme is an excellent man manager but we have screwed him over. I hope Gubby is because we need someone to be the conduit between the playing group and bucks.

Pretty pointless thread because Buckley has applied his own end date. Had the board acted in the best interests of the club it would have been as of yesterday. In essence the only purpose it serves is I told you so's.

Anyway at least the club are now making moves to fix things its just a shame they're 12-18 months too late to salvage Buckley's coaching career at Collingwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back