Mega Thread The POST 2016 SEASON Buckley Coaching Discussion Thread (Latest: not much happening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't put it past the Club to hire Leppitch and then sack him immediately.

They're running out of people/things to get rid off to protect the obvious one...

images

Leppitsch was the backline coach at Richmond and is credited with turning Rance into the player he is now.
Personally I'd prefer him as our backline coach ahead of Harvey any day.

Don't envy Buck's job next year with the devil on his shoulder.

So many changes already, I wonder how much or if he was consulted?

One of the changes made may have been one that Bucks himself was considering (assist. coaches) and although I don't have a problem with the decision I daresay that Hendy and LT would have been made by Allan. Balme leaving for a more senior role is understandable but it would be interesting to know the circumstances surrounding it and how much Buckley was in the know. I doubt he knew much all given his thoughts on Balme staying.

I don't remember the reporting lines before but now both he and Hine report to Allan, will be interesting to see how this works out and it seems that Allan may also have a bigger say in drafting. To me this smells like Buckley is well and truly on the outer if as it seems he is not that involved in decisions that may impact on his job.

Will be a very interesting 2017 and I really hope that Buckley succeeds as I believe he can coach and has shown he can coach. Further it has nothing to do with the so called favourite son succeeding as I never really saw him as one. I call bullsh$t to those that say they want him to succeed because of it.
A player like Gavin Brown is someone I consider a favourite son despite working for our foes. Buckley always seemed to divide the AFL and Collingwood community and continues to do so.

Don't envy Buck's job next year with the devil on his shoulder.

So many changes already, I wonder how much or if he was consulted?

One of the changes made may have been one that Bucks himself was considering (assist. coaches) and although I don't have a problem with the decision I daresay that Hendy and LT would have been made by Allan. Balme leaving for a more senior role is understandable but it would be interesting to know the circumstances surrounding it and how much Buckley was in the know. I doubt he knew much all given his thoughts on Balme staying.

I don't remember the reporting lines before but now both he and Hine report to Allan, will be interesting to see how this works out and it seems that Allan may also have a bigger say in drafting. To me this smells like Buckley is well and truly on the outer if as it seems he is not that involved in decisions that may impact on his job.

Will be a very interesting 2017 and I really hope that Buckley succeeds as I believe he can coach and has shown he can coach. Further it has nothing to do with the so called favourite son succeeding as I never really saw him as one. I call bullsh$t to those that say they want him to succeed because of it.
A player like Gavin Brown is someone I consider a favourite son despite working for our foes. Buckley always seemed to divide the AFL and Collingwood community and continues to do so.

Interesting perspective and well thought out post Maggie.

I too have a sense of Buckley's structure being dismantled around him, leaving him exposed as the senior coach. I also think that the time has come for this, although I have no idea if the sackings and restructuring are the right way to go. Again, a lot seems to be resting on Gubby's shoulders and I don't necessarily share the confidence in him that others have.

But on the topic, next year will be six years for Bucks, and that will be long enough. We have been patient, and not all of our problems have been of our own making, but a reckoning is coming.

I too have a sense of Buckley's structure being dismantled around him, leaving him exposed as the senior coach. I also think that the time has come for this, although I have no idea if the sackings and restructuring are the right way to go. Again, a lot seems to be resting on Gubby's shoulders and I don't necessarily share the confidence in him that others have.

But on the topic, next year will be six years for Bucks, and that will be long enough. We have been patient, and not all of our problems have been of our own making, but a reckoning is coming.

It will be a sad day for reasons I won't go into as have been expressed before. However I think that the board (read Eddie and Pert) will escape the same sort of scrutiny as there were a number of gaps in the football department due to not exceeding the limit and other decisions.

What would you consider a pass mark?

It will be a sad day for reasons I won't go into as have been expressed before. However I think that the board (read Eddie and Pert) will escape the same sort of scrutiny as there were a number of gaps in the football department due to not exceeding the limit and other decisions.

What would you consider a pass mark?
Finals - no correspondence will be entered into

Leppitsch was the backline coach at Richmond and is credited with turning Rance into the player he is now.
Personally I'd prefer him as our backline coach ahead of Harvey any day.

Wasn't he a Big Reason why Aish and the Big 5 all Left the Bears?

I think it shows that Board is happy where the Club is heading but they don't want to sack Bucks so they have put Allan in Charge and Hoping he can get the Footy Department back on Track

Great posts Maggie5. Its a good sign really. Bucks has a year, the Board is making changes that protect the club's best interests into the future, with or without Bucks. Its a bet each way. Allen is there to make the moves irrespective of who will coach, whereas Balmey was very much in the Bucks camp. The pass mark has to be finals, short of major injury to a fair number of key players. I am heartened to see the Board isn't solely relying on Buck's succeeding but just that little concerned they are mostly focused on their own survival.

It will be a sad day for reasons I won't go into as have been expressed before. However I think that the board (read Eddie and Pert) will escape the same sort of scrutiny as there were a number of gaps in the football department due to not exceeding the limit and other decisions. What would you consider a pass mark?

Re a pass mark, I'm still burnt by my highish expectations of the last couple of seasons. Our best footy was fantastic this year, an improvement on last year, but only in bursts and not sustained. Also not reflected in our final ladder position. Some of this improvement has to be down to Buckley, but I'm also concerned at what appeared to be our ill considered and inept attempts at playing zone football. Some of those games where our guys wandered around in space, watching the ball sail over their heads into undefended opposition forward lines, were truly awful. That has to be down to coaching and it wasnt acceptable. Either the coaching was poor, or the players were not up to it, in which case they should have been coached differently. And when they were, we played better.

So for me, 2017 is Bucks last chance. We cant continue to experiment and we cant continue with a coach who cant get these guys playing better more consistently. I'd be happy with 12 wins, as an improvement, but with the talent we have, I'd like to see more.

Storm lost:(, coach? Nah, one of the best coaches going around. Players? Who knows. Maybe it was just that Cronulla were the better team on the day and it is the year of the underdog.
You'll start something with that talk.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many, many years ago when I started my first job, I was lucky enough to have a great manager who told me two things that I have never forgotten.

The first one was when I hadn't completed a task and told her that I ran out of time and she said, no there is not such thing as running out of time as you control time, it doesn't control you. What you did do is not allow enough time to complete.

The other was when there was a dispute in the department and she sat all down individually to hear their version (I wasn't part of it) and I asked her who does she believe? She answered this way:

I believe half of what I see; half of what I read; half of what I hear and then take into account half of what I believe and I am probably half way to the truth.

So when I hear all about the rumours surrounding Buckley, I keep the last one in mind.

Jake Niall has just come out and said the same thing about Harvey and Hawks stating this would help him in his endeavour to be a senior coach

Would be pretty embarrassing for the club to have a coach poached this late in the year.

AFL Trade Whisperer ‏@AFLTradeWhisper 1h1 hour ago

AFL Trade Whisperer Retweeted Alli

Hawks almost always get their man. Pies assistant Banger Harvey has been linked with a move, perhaps?
Imagine Harvey goes to Hawthorn.
Magically overnight, he will be perceived to be a great brilliant assistant..... the Hawthorn effect

Would be pretty embarrassing for the club to have a coach poached this late in the year.
Chris Fagan going this late means a shuffle could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back