Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I tip my hat to Tom Elliott, who has finally called it as it is:

"Carlton is being run as an autocratic thiefdom"

Taking calls on this now. Lo Giudice finally getting publicly called out. Chickens are coming home to roost now.
hilarious - exactly how his old man ran it

I tip my hat to Tom Elliott, who has finally called it as it is:

"Carlton is being run as an autocratic thiefdom"

hahahaha - what exactly is teh autocratic 'thiefdom' ( fiefdom surely) stealing apart from Tom Elliot's limelight?

Don't know much about Tom Elliott and I know you shouldn't judge people based on their family but I would feel uneasy with an Elliott at the helm. Part of why we are where we are is because of John Elliott's destruction of the club. I think we're better served to steer clear of people who are critical and suggest they can fix the club and who pot the club because that makes it clear they don't know how this works and what is and has needed to be done.

His old man didn't change the constitution to ensure he remained president
may as well have - were you around when they were trying to get rid of him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His old man didn't change the constitution to ensure he remained president

Didn't need to he had it all stiched up with his proxies.

Whilst its much harder for anyone to just apply for the board and then require the club to hold an expensive election, ordinary members can still go through the process. Its basically a vetting process that stops the un qualified, bankrupts and people who are not fit and proper under the gaming and liquor licensing acts coming on board. Ive no real issue with this vetting process because ordinary members can call for a special AGM and spill the board.

If Tom E wanted to go on the board he just needs to follow the process and present his case to the nomination committee.
Not dissing big Jack because whilst he stuffed up a lot he also did a lot of good things. In the spirit of R Pratt when need to be united which is what disappoints me about Tom E and his public rant - very weak effort by the young boy im afraid.

Bit harsh to start judging people on what their parents did in the past.

The club's performance on and off the field would suggest questioning them is a good place to start.

Heard Tom E being interviewed on 3AW earlier in the year (always find it strange when a radio station interviews its own staff, but anyway) - he’s clearly a concerned carlton supporter and an intelligent guy. Always offered great financial insights in his RRR guest appearances.

But when talking of carlton he thought 3 years was long enough to rebuild. I’d like to think 3 years is long enough also - but given where our list was at in 2014 3 years is just fantasy talk. Even the successful clubs like Hawks, Cats, Swans and Cats took many years to develop their lists. We’re starting from ground zero.

Last thing we need is a board / board members who want to change the world in 3 years. Won’t happen. That’s old Carlton. “No” to Tom E for mine.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back