Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm too young to recall the form four system but I do know we bought Platten a car to bring him across as well during that era but he reneged on the deal!

In relation to Elliot, club history has him down from 1983 and today's article the same but I'm not going to argue the toss as to the month...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ays-rant-is-ill-informed-20180718-p4zs9a.html

The point was that he wasnt all bad, just towards the end his arrogance and business issues saw him lose his way and he with 3 other directors trangress in 2000 and 2001.
One of those directors included the great Wes Lofts.

I would actually say that Ian Collins hugely conflicted decision to move us away from princess park to a terrible deal at Etihad was just as destructive and contributed to our issues today.

Not only did we lose our home ground advantage but we lost the opportunity to use the ground to generate revenue to reduce the debt!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Jacks plan was to turn PP into Edihad. He was nearly there when Kennet was in charge however Jeffy soled out to his mate Samual and we lost our Govt support to withstand any community protest in building the original plan for Princess Park. If not for that scum lying dog Kennett (the man who sells our mental hospitals then try's to draw sympathy for himself by going to beyond blue) then we would have our very version of Kardinia Park.

I agree Jack wasn't all bad and did a lot of good things.

I think his love of the red in combination with his natural arrogance was probably what started to cloud his judgement.

Board Members resigning after years of service and stating they are proud of their tenure at our Great Club for their achievements...

Where's our flag?

Great that VFLW has made strides, but as a Carlton supporter all I care about is 17 and then 18 and so on.

It wasn't that long ago we were too poor to have nice things and didn't have a proper football department. I mean the last club to have a list manager. Long lines of failed coaches because we weren't setup properly. We are now. I think board members would be happy to see us brought into the modern era and to see us as well equipped and staffed as any club for the first time this century. I think they would be happy that the club stands on it's own feet more so now and despite no winning form has a strong membership base which is a fair achievement to me.

Flag will come later when things have had the opportunity and time to work.

Her statement was quite definitive as to why she left and having enjoyed her time at Carlton.

She is supposed to have cried at a board meeting but waited several months to stand down.

Not buying it and I can't help but wonder if we have another Unofficial Selection Committee undermining once more.

I think there’s a few of the USC on the BF Carlton board spraying negativity

Tom.... Interviews Jack......

Former Carlton president has "real doubts" about the club's direction https://t.co/YTJY8sT8vD https://t.co/NZ6ZOvBNGr

I cannot think of an appropriate string of swearwords to fully enunciate how unbelievably arrogant you would have to be to make a public statement of that kind right now.

Leave it with me. I'll think of something.

Tom.... Interviews Jack......

Former Carlton president has "real doubts" about the club's direction

Given his history at the club and the shape he left it in, Jack should be keeping his tainted opinions to himself.

What did it say? Link isn't working for me.
David Parkin on ABC Grandstand: I was quite incensed by Tom Elliot’s comment. It was a ridiculous thing to say. It was the system that got his father appointed and every club I have been involved with has worked this way, the club appoints and members get the opportunity to vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want our President or CEO to come out, be strong, and say we are undertaking a full, thorough, independent review of the football department after this year's malaise. The same as what Collingwood did last year, and Richmond the year before.

It's really concerning me that despite all their media work last week, this message has failed to be conveyed to the members. What have they got to lose by letting professionals come in and make recommendations? I think egos are still holding us back...

I just want our President or CEO to come out, be strong, and say we are undertaking a full, thorough, independent review of the football department after this year's malaise. The same as what Collingwood did last year, and Richmond the year before.

It's really concerning me that despite all their media work last week, this message has failed to be conveyed to the members. What have they got to lose by letting professionals come in and make recommendations? I think egos are still holding us back...

Well, we're getting a new head of football as a start...

Well, we're getting a new head of football as a start...
One, admittedly important, piece of the puzzle.

You would also be expecting wholesale change in the medical department and coaching panel.

Just coming out and committing to this review publicly would quell so much of the unrest, so why not just do it?

One, admittedly important, piece of the puzzle.

You would also be expecting wholesale change in the medical department and coaching panel.

Just coming out and committing to this review publicly would quell so much of the unrest, so why not just do it?

Firstly, now isn't the time to do it. There is no need to say anything publicly until the season is over.
Secondly, getting the new head of football would be the key first step, and surely he should have a say over the other changes that happen in his department.

Our season was done 3 weeks ago, and we're limping to the line. There's going to be changes, just need to have some patience.

Did those clubs come out in-season, announcing those reviews?

Did those clubs come out in-season, announcing those reviews?
Yes in both instances:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...w/news-story/e316b94d16c06635bafc0153ef0aff18

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/705f7c9baab1b559b88942a47b1eacfd

Firstly, now isn't the time to do it. There is no need to say anything publicly until the season is over.
Secondly, getting the new head of football would be the key first step, and surely he should have a say over the other changes that happen in his department.

Our season was done 3 weeks ago, and we're limping to the line. There's going to be changes, just need to have some patience.

Why is it not the right time? We both acknowledge our season is done. Why not get ahead of the 8-ball and get started?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back