The PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

crazy_big_al said:
Who will Port Adelaide go after?

if not a name a type of player?

Interesting question CBA, and it is hard to answer as it really depends on who is available (remembering the club lists still aren't really final).

As I can't see us recruiting any disgruntled gun (who hasn't signed with their current yet) and ignoring us just picking another kid, the PSD really only offers the chance to top up with an experienced depth player, hoping they do better in the Alberton air than in their previous club.

I have stated before that I am most concerned by our KPP depth, so I would think the club would look there and consider a player such as Joel Patfull. At the pain of being howled down, I would suggest that Port will also consider Kent Kingsley as an option also. However, I don't think we will take Kent as he would be a short term possible solution to a forward line structure problem that we appear to be trying to solve in the mid to longer term. (I suspect he may end up at Adelaide if we take Patfull, actually).

I can't see the point of considering a Harry Miller type as has been suggested.

I find it hard to get too enthused by the PSD at the moment as there does not seem to be anyone of particular note on the move. (Hence Carlton already committing the first pick on Acland)

For anyone who is thinking about mentioning Adam McPhee, he signed with Essendon yesterday for three more years I think?

All things considered I'd rather we invite a kid or three that didn't go in the main draft to train with us (we can do that can't we?) and if one or more looks the goods, then pick up in the PSD.

As for the type of player - no flankers, small marking forwards, undersized ruckmen (a kid that rucked at 192/3cm vs. other kids, but too small for ruck at AFL level, yet no idea how to be a KPP). That leaves a young KPP, midfielder or CRUMBING small forward. If we get some of each to train with us and the best prospect get in the PSD, the rest try and rookie.

No-one delisted by his club so far appeals as a PSD target IMO.

Ash McGrath would be one player I'd like us to get and the freeing up of salary space might allow that, but unfortunately he seems WA bound.

Beyond that, it might be a case of us looking at 1 or 2 youngish SANFL/VFL players who impress while training with us over the next few weeks.
I hope we land someone with more discipline and hunger to make it than Elijah Ware.

Ford Fairlane said:
Please tell me Aaron Fiora is contracted.

I don't know about him being contracted, but he is staying in St. Kilda. Ross Lyon wants him to stay.

I want the club to go after a Byron Pickett/Josh Carr type player if one is available.

Troy Wingate said:
I don't know about him being contracted, but he is staying in St. Kilda. Ross Lyon wants him to stay.

Ross Lyon also wanted Cain Ackland to stay. If he's not contracted and he doesn't want to stay he can leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back